[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What a shame. This Jessica Jones series has some good stuff in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 12
File: jessicajoness.jpg (27 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
jessicajoness.jpg
27 KB, 300x450
What a shame. This Jessica Jones series has some good stuff in it, but literally the worst parts about it are the ones that connect it to the Marvel Universe.

The main character's super powers are useless to the season 1's plots. She literally could have just been a girl that is a private detective only and it would have been just fine, but no: she can jump really high! And she has super strength! Yawn... Same goes for Luke.

The idea that aliens have invaded New York a few months / years before the events of this, Ultron, a hyper-advanced AI, tried to dominate the world and that a group like the Avengers exist in that region is just so stupid. How would normal people be living their lives like if nothing had happened if they had just been this close to being decimated by inter-planetary beings and AIs (not counting the fact the huge gang wars that happened because of Fisk in the Daredevil series, which take place in the same neighborhood)? Why would people not believe in a mind controlling freak if they had seem a fucking portal open up above the Manhattan buildings right before a giant snake robot came out of it and started destroying the city?
>>
muh dick
>>
File: itstime.gif (637 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
itstime.gif
637 KB, 624x352
>>62964917
>>
>>62964917
Yeah, I hate how they try to connect her being a superhero with powers to a plot that has nothing to do with her powers. It would be much better if she was just normal.
>>
Jessica BLACKed? Isn't that the hoe who sang Friday?
>>
>>62964917
>aliens and killer robots attacking the planet, the only people who are powerful enough to stop him are the avengers
>turns out there's lots of people with powers, not just the Avengers
>no one cares enough to help save the destruction of everything on earth, they'd rather just be some random nobody doing normal shitty jobs and stopping local thugs
>>
>>62965254
Just like the comics
>>
>>62964917
>>62965062
Its an adaptation of a comic where she has powers you fucking idiots
>>
File: bigfoot sighting.jpg (869 KB, 2363x3600) Image search: [Google]
bigfoot sighting.jpg
869 KB, 2363x3600
Reminder
>>
Could we stop referencing comics on /tv/? Adults don't read children's picturebooks and they don't matter on a television & film board. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>62964917
Your complaint doesn't make any sense, grim things in reality wouldn't somehow stop happening just because some ridiculous things took place. Just because there's aliens and robots doesn't mean there aren't still rapes, murders, child soldiers, anything else terrible. Yea im sure people are shocked at these things existing but the planet doesn't unanimously cease productivity and culture because of that. And its based on a comic, she is a comic character, thats why she has powers. What a stupid fucking thing to say. She is not an original character specifically made up for Netflix you idiot.
>>
>>62965597
This. A thousand times this. It's all explained in the comics.
>>
>>62965254
The same thing happens in real life, obviously people dont have powers but just because you have the capability to help doesn't mean everyone will. Most people are not selfless like that.
>>
>>62965597

Yeah but the comic is stupid
>>
>>62965581
>stop talking about television shows on /tv/
>>
>>62965581
Adults also don't call things they don't like "children's picturebooks" to look mature. Seriously, either you're a child trying to pass off for an adult or a manchild, pretending to actually act your age. Either way you're failing
>>
what was up with the effects though
absolutely awful
>>
Yeah, capeshit is fucking retarded and it's lame that instead of trying to make some type of unique series everything has to be tied into the beyond Marvel universe because of $$. It contaminates everything it touches with it's existence. Because aliens/magic/gods/etc/etc are all real things in this show.

And that footgame is not on point.
>>
>>62965692
Talking about the Netflix (not "television") show is, I guess?, fine, even though web-"television" is not technically on-topic for this board, but constant delving into comic book lore is not acceptable here. Please return to /co/ to talk about children's picturebooks.

>>62965694
Have a response, nigger.
>>
the worst parts of the series are the sjw lesbian parts. its old lesbians ... ew.

and the lack of fighting. you got a bad guy who can make people do things and by episode 5 he hasnt rigged a few hundred people to be sleeper cells who attack on sight jessica either stopping what they were doing like jump out of a window and try to hit her on the way down or use what they were doing to try to kill her like run her over . come on just go door to door and recruit people damn it you got enough pics of her show the pic and say kill this bitch if you see her then go to the next apartment
>>
>>62965597
>>62965535

Everyone knows she has powers because in the comics where she came from she had powers, but the point is that the TV series' story didn't require the main character to have powers, so whenever she used one of her special abilities it felt out of place and shoehorned in just to fill the Marvel quota.

>>62965597

Yeah, I'm sure people would be minding their own business and working 9 to 5 like usual if all that shit happened where they live. People would be freaking out, rioting, looting shit all over and demanding action from the government if fucking aliens and AI tried to destroy the world multiple times after super powered people started roaming the streets. It would be chaos, some people would start shouting that the end is nigh, some would say they're heaven sent, some would start accusing others of being freaks, etc.

C'mon, it's not a stretch to realize the way normal people act in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (which the TV series borrows from) is dumb, even for a comic book adaptation.
>>
>>62965806

Yeah, I don't know how the comic book version of Kilgrave operates, but the way TV series Kilgrave acts is ridiculous, considering his powers. That goes to show that you can't have a villain with mind control powers and expect the plot to be good and not full of holes.
>>
>>62965923
What do you expect, if he wanted to all he would have to do is get a international live tv show and boom he rules the world. End of show.
There are going to be plot holes in every cape show.
>>
>>62966114

That's why they're shit.
>>
>>62965636
It's a bit different if you're one of the only people on the planet with the ability to help save lives.
>>
Well it's not really surprising considering the rumors that the entire show was just a metaphor for GamerGate.
>>
>>62966690
Stop getting your news from r/gaming. The makers of this show have no clue what that is, (along with every person over the age of 18)
>>
>>62966845
Actually the creator of the show literally said the show was a metaphor for GamerGate. So...
>>
>How would normal people be living their lives like if nothing had happened if they had just been this close to being decimated by inter-planetary beings and AIs (not counting the fact the huge gang wars that happened because of Fisk in the Daredevil series, which take place in the same neighborhood)?

Because life goes on. Just because aliens invaded and lost doesnt mean people wont want their Egg McMuffins... Just because aliens invaded doesn't mean you don't have to pay your rent or mortgage.

If an alien race showed up tomorrow, waged war on humanity for a month, and then got wrecked and left... Things would be back to normal within a week.

Life goes on...
>>
>>62966889
>no source

Stop talking out your ass. Gamergate is the most retarded movement to ever exist.
>>
>>62964917
Why do you people expect these shows to be good capeshit is called capeshit for a reason these shows are literally made for 12 year olds anyway.
>>
>>62966985
The show is excellent, and OP is full of shit.
>>
>>62967035
It's probably the best metaphor for GamerGate I've seen yet, so I totally agree!
>>
>>62965923
>>62966114
Except he doesn't have mind control powers, they literally explain in the show that he emits a virus and has to be within physical proximity of his targets. That's why he talks through phones and speakers but can't control anyone.

Jesus christ, it may be a dumb explanation but you can't be so fucking dense that you just outright ignore it.
>>
>>62964917
It's just a bad show. Aside from obvious SJW pandering the main problem is how absolutely intolerable everyone is to the point where you don't even want the "good guys" to feel any satisfaction from victory because they are horrible people themselves.

Till the very end I subconciously hoped that Daredevil would show up and beat the shit out of Kilgrave, Jessica, Luke Cage, Jessica's stupid friends, old lesbians, neighbours, survivors group members etc. etc.

Also they have MCU connection all wrong because they should have avoided embarassing "those guys" remarks about Avengers and focus on interconnections with Daredevil because it's the same fucking neighborhood, same tone, same timeline and there was no reason not to intertwine them more if you are going for shared universe at all.
>>
>>62965254

Daredevil should get his ass handed to him fighting Avenger level threats. It's similar to Batman fighting Superman level threats. He shouldn't but he does because of popularity
>>
>>62965766

Man , you're pathetic
>>
>>62965806
His effects aren't permanent. They last about 12 hours.
>>
>>62966688
Only you can stop forest fires and yet they still happen, asshole.

You had one god damn job, that was given to you by a motherfucking TALKING BEAR, and you didn't damn do it.
>>
>>62969580
at least he doesn't watch capeshit tbqhwyfamily(if we're being real, brother)
>>
>>62969534
>I need all my protagonists to be knights in shining armor that help old ladies across the street.

Go fuck yourself so hard you break your spine.
>>
File: untitled.png (1 MB, 1236x865) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
1 MB, 1236x865
>>62969689
Language
>>
File: 1448018432960.png (116 KB, 216x271) Image search: [Google]
1448018432960.png
116 KB, 216x271
>MIND CONTROL IS NOT POSSIBLE EVEN WITH RADIOACTIVE FREAKS AND A MAN FROM THE 50'S DRESSING AS THE AMERICAN FLAG FIGHTING ALIENS

>A nordic god shows up in germany and mind control a mob in front of the whole world with a magic gem 3 years ago (the events of the first avengers)
>>
>>62969754
Since Cap is back from some pretty old times I wonder if he ever dropped an N-bomb.
>>
>>62969775

How many people would lie about their actions and excuse them with weird shit? See, this is why everybody is right to hate mutants. They're a very real threat to normal life
>>
>>62964917
It's alright so far.
I just marathonned the first episode.
>>
File: 1447478652889.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1447478652889.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>62964917
>>
>>62969689
There is a difference between morally questionable anti-heroes (Daredevil, Wolverine, Punisher etc.) who are ruthless yet have a core and extremely unsympathetic entitled bitch who treats everyone like shit because "muh trauma"
>>
File: 1357095457483.gif (2 MB, 526x250) Image search: [Google]
1357095457483.gif
2 MB, 526x250
>>62965555
I shall check these quads
>>
>>62969852
How do you marathon a single episode?

Do you normally watch like five minutes of a show at a time or something?
>>
>>62967093
>>62966971
>>62966889
>>62966845
>>62966690

Tweet was a fake.

GamerGate is fine.
>>
>>62969878
I marathonned a single episode like a marathon an entire season of a show.
>>
>>62969891
Do you have a learning disability we should know about so we can take it into account when talking to you?
>>
File: 1363808668062.jpg (28 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
1363808668062.jpg
28 KB, 333x333
>>62965555
>>
I am loving all these references to Spiderman that are popping up in the MCU lately.

Like that final sequence of ant-man, he is a urban myth.

They should make his debut on the netflix series, not the civil war. But I doubt he won't show up in the defenders or in an episode of daredevil season 2 or 3.
>>
>>62964917
>How would normal people be living their lives like if nothing had happened if they had just been this close to being decimated by inter-planetary beings and AIs
What else are they going to do?
Also I think it's set before Ultron.
>>
>>62969896
He's just meming on you my family
>>
>>62965849
>Everyone knows she has powers because in the comics where she came from she had powers, but the point is that the TV series' story didn't require the main character to have powers, so whenever she used one of her special abilities it felt out of place and shoehorned in just to fill the Marvel quota.
it makes the plot go faster
>>
File: 1447739688519.gif (2 MB, 299x217) Image search: [Google]
1447739688519.gif
2 MB, 299x217
>>62969912

It's set after.
It's just like people choose not to speak about it, since Ultron never even touched new york. It happened in a shitty country somewhere in europe and south korea, and just like real life, americans don't give a fuck.
>>
>>62966114
>>62965806
his power needs to be reinforced every 12 hours or so. also he does not want to kill her,she is his toy.
>>62965806
>the worst parts of the series are the sjw lesbian parts. its old lesbians
they are not hot but it helps kill the myth that all gays are inherently good.
>>
holy shit

her having powers is the whole reason Kilgrave paid attention to her

it's the cause of the plot of the fucking show

do you guys even pay attention
>>
>>62970151
Not really, I stopped watching the first episode after 20min when she gets destroyed by that monkey.
>>
>>62970157
kill yourself
>>
>>62970228
Rude.
>>
>>62964917
>everybody is praising the acting on the villain, and that's ok, he does a nice job. But I find hard to believe that he's always under the radar when he clearly uses his powers very openly and in public places, how come no one notices like when he tells a full coffee shop to be quiet, you are telling me in all the time he's been doing all these things nobody has even bothered to check surveillance videos ?? And how come nobody just hire somebody to get him killed from a distance?!
>>
>>62965694
But they literally are children's picture books. I'm sick of this "liking things made for children is true maturity" bullshit that you fucking manchildren spout.
>>
>>62970259
And who fills up the gas and checks the tires of Tony Stark's vintage sports cars?
>>
>>62970365
Captain America to be honest family.
Also it triggers me that they just killed the qt redhead neighbor brother and it was like meh he was a white nobody lets just swipe it under the rug and cut his head off
>>
>>62969689

Why so hothead, family?
>>
>>62965849
Are you even part of the world today? I live in Baltimore. Guess what. The day after the riots, it was business as usual.

This takes place months/years later. You think the city can just stop for that long?
>>
>>62965555
quads check'
>>
>>62969566
Except that Batman fighint Doomsday is retarded. I mean, Batman is probably the coolest comics character ever, yet he's that when he fights the Joker, mobsters, psychos, not cosmic entities. If the approach must be realistic Daredevil fighting thugs is for the best and his best stories describe him as that.
>>
File: 1446615027808.jpg (338 KB, 1065x902) Image search: [Google]
1446615027808.jpg
338 KB, 1065x902
>>62965849
Yes it fucking did because its an adaptation of the comic and therefor needs to use the character and that is a fundamental trait of the character. What the fuck am I even reading here
>>
Some of the dialogue in this is terrible.

>God didn't do this. The Devil did.

And those edgy scenes, for what purpose?

>Chokes her neighbour to show how tough the character is?
>That guy on the bike

Time to go rewatch Daredevil.
>>
>>62965849
Well, they gave some sort of sequitur to that: in Daredevil they explained that houses prices dropped hard after the battle of NY, so that's why Matt and Senor Foggy could afford a place in Hell's Kitchen and that a lot of rich people left the city.
Also in both shows NY looks depressing and miserable, everyone overreact to anything, maybe not intentional but quite believable.
People are scared by gifted and react in different way.
>>
>>62965043
Hi, Reddit!
>>
Is it weird that I actually hate her for what her character did in Breaking Bad?
>>
>>62969534
At least Trish was pretty cool.
>>
>>62970895

That's fucking stupid.
>>
>>62965555
I dont get it? What is your complaint?
>>
>>62970691
You are supposed to hate her. That's what makes it brilliant!
>>
>>62970971

She's got giant Predator-like feet
>>
>>62970669
But it's not a fundemantel part of her character in the show, that's the guy's problem.
>>
>>62965254
>they didn't cast and include every minor character from the beginning so it's bad

Quit acting like a dense fucking idiot
>>
>>62965043
I love you
>>
>>62964917
For one she's pretty clearly based somewhere in brooklyn, while hells kitchen is in manhattan, so no not the same neighborhood or even the same burrough
>>
>>62970988
again, what's your complaint?
>>
>>62969775
Loki just scared them tho, and the sceptre thing never got public.
>>
>>62966985
>rate MA+15/R
>literally made for 12 year olds
does it hurt to be that stupid?
>>
>>62969907
I didn't catch it, care to remind when it happened here?
>>
The best things about Netflix's Jessica Jones:

>Trish
>Kilgrave
>The nurse from Daredevil

That's about it

I mean shit, they managed to make Luke motherfucking Cage uninteresting, how the fuck did they manage that?

And after the gloriousness that was Daredevil
>>
What I don't understand:

>Numerous reports of a mind-controller
>An entire fucking hospital and police station gets mind-controlled
>S.H.I.E.L.D never shows up even though they're looking for even the slightest hint of Inhumans right now

the fuck?
>>
>>62972687
>expecting middle schoolers with internet access to keep within their age bracket
This show is Veronica Mars for kids who watch Elfen Lied. I enjoyed it, but ultimately, it's still a noir/mystery show with every expected genre trapping, and all the coal-burning and casual lesbianism in the world can't transcend that.
>>
>>62970988
>big feet
>big dick
>>
>>62972783
Everyone was uninteresting tbqh except Purple, though I did like Smith. Jessica just seemed angry 100% of the time.
The pacing was way too fucking slow too, Kilgrave should've been dead mid season.
>>
>>62964917
8.9 on IMDB
is this rated by fanboys or really that good?
i mean, 8.9 is incredible
>>
File: VNyk86k[1].png (651 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
VNyk86k[1].png
651 KB, 1067x800
>>62965555
>>
File: 10803016226.png (909 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
10803016226.png
909 KB, 1280x720
>>62974752
>8.9
SJWs, and kekks. I guess you can sprinkle some comic fanboy nerds in there too.
>>
>>62974752
fanboys, it's mostly snail paced borefest. Its idea of showing super powers is Jessica basically breaking every single lock in the city and job like a motherfucker almost every time there's a poorly done fight scene. Tenant is the biggest redeeming factor in the entire thing. Jessica is never likable and acts retarded for about 98% of the plot.
>>
>>62974839
She isn't meant to be likable though she's not a superhero, I think most of the people complaining didn't know anything going in.
>>
>>62964917
As /co/ will tell you

BENDIS SUCKS!
>>
>all black men are heroes or sexual gifted studs
>all white men are either annoying betas, diaperfags or mind-control rapists
>all women (including lesbians) are strong and powerful and able to overcome the evil white man’s oppression.
>white men hate the word “rape”
>even the drug addict black guy is painted as a good guy who helps Jessica, “Go in there and help those people, that’s your super power!”
>but it’s ok to beat the shit out of white guys because they’re evil and creepy.

it actually doesn’t come as a surprise at all that this show was directed by a lesbian jew
>>
>>62974872
>She isn't meant to be likable though

As a person, no. As a lead character, yes, you kinda need her to be likable in some way, otherwise people will stop watching. I had no issues with her being a self destructive miserable drama queen, my problem was she was boring and nearly nothing about her actions was particularly likable. Her snark was awful, her super powers were laughable, her acting like a PMS cunt wasn't amusing and her obsessive quest to save Hope by nabbing Kilgrave got so pants on head retarded that it almost became a parody and then the dumb blond bitch kills herself anyway.

The few times I liked Jessica was when she was beating the shit out of Kilgrave in the cell and she was clearly enjoying it, but that's like five minutes in thirteen hours.
>>
>>62964917
>The main character's super powers are useless
How would she survive that BBC plow without powers?
>>
>>62975163
Main characters have to be compelling not likeable. Real character development comes from conflict, not from likeability.
>>
>>62964917
>She literally could have just been a girl that is a private detective only and it would have been just fine, but no: she can jump really high! And she has super strength! Yawn... Same goes for Luke.
Agreed desu senpai baka
Good thing i don't like superheroes shit so at least it makes the show miles better than if it was just about muh powerpuff girls
>>
>>62975056
d-diaper fags?
>>
>>62975655
So you want them to change the source material to cater to your needs?
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.