[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone hate this film? I liked it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 800x582) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 800x582
Why does everyone hate this film? I liked it.
>>
What was the fate of the other eggs?
>>
Because your a sick cunt, fuck you
>>
I feel like I'm the only one who preferred the original.
>>
>>62964416
Back to Leddit
>>
Was the original better or the remake? I haven't seen either. Should I watch both?
>>
>>62964234
it's a shot for shot remake of a movie that only needed to be made once,
>>
>>62964512
Shot-for-shot remake so i just like the newer version more
>>
>>62964528
except that film is a visual medium and subtitles distract from the presentation
>>
>>62964512
The remake if you speak/understand English. It's a shot-for-shot remake and film is a visual medium so being able to appreciate the scene instead of being glued to the subtitles is automatically a better experience.

Solid movie, worth a watch.
>>
>>62964604
I speak german you fucking pleb
>>
>>62965106
I'm sorry, you didn't mention your disability beforehand. Pray to Buddha and on your next spin of the wheel maybe you can be born somewhere that isn't a backwater.
>>
>>62964234
I disliked both.
>>
was he austitic? or just a kek?
>>
>>62964234
Don't worry.There are many people who appreciate this and the orginal equally. They also respect them both as films, in their own rights, for various reasons.

These films were some of the reasons that initially got me posting on /tv/.
>>
>>62964234

It's good, but it's not the film Bernake or whatever his name is pretends it is. It's an interesting foray into movie violence and destroying audience expectations, but that's it.
>>
I loved it a lot more than I expected. Michael Pitt is great (in general).
>>
>>62965816
this
>>
>>62965816
Agree with this, except for the "interesting" part. I mean, it's certainly different, that's cool, but I was thinking "okay, I get the point" long before the end and I don't think it's a point that needed to be made. It's kind of obvious so the film feels masturbatory to me.

It probably works better on people that feel the need to justify violence in films.
>>
>>62965067
glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Unless you speak Austrian or whatever the hell language there really is no reason to like the original more than the remake.
>>
>>62969624

Considering every edgelord on /tv/ hates every "ending" to any movie ever because some faggot character didn't die or something, I find this post humorous.
>>
File: Funny Games Naomi Watts.jpg (460 KB, 1280x692) Image search: [Google]
Funny Games Naomi Watts.jpg
460 KB, 1280x692
Some great moments in it.
>>
File: yawn.png (195 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
yawn.png
195 KB, 500x333
>>62969624
>piss off the audience
the only thing that pissed me off was that long take of that bitch crying.
>>
>>62964234
I don't hate it, though I found it hard to watch.

Funny, the first half functions perfectly as a horror movie until the second half subverts it. Part of me wishes there exists a version that just played it straight, but I know that's kindof Haneke's point entirely.
>>
>>62964471
i liked it
>>
>>62967103
also the acting is better in US version
>>
>>62965514
he's a cute
>>
>>62964234
It's preachy, self-indulgent, and its message is already pretty obvious by the halfway mark. If it was half the length and was a short film then I'd probably like it more.
>>
File: funny_games_frisch_500.jpg (16 KB, 400x255) Image search: [Google]
funny_games_frisch_500.jpg
16 KB, 400x255
>>62967103
I prefer the bad guy in the original

I just don't find Michael Pitt menacing at all
>>
File: 1280431892101.jpg (31 KB, 599x314) Image search: [Google]
1280431892101.jpg
31 KB, 599x314
>>62964234

Because pic related.
>>
>>62964604
>things plebs tell themselves
>>
>>62967103
>unless you speak Austrian
kek
>>
>>62964234
Because Haneke is a sadist who hates his audience and wants to morally lecture them for the film he chose to make.
>>
>>62964234
Fun fact: Haneke had to remake this because ameriblobs are too stupid to read subtitles.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.