[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blade Runner is the best Sci-fi movie in existence, arguably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: Tears.jpg (57 KB, 1600x667) Image search: [Google]
Tears.jpg
57 KB, 1600x667
Blade Runner is the best Sci-fi movie in existence, arguably the best film ever made.

I'm not kidding and you're probably a hipster faggot if you disagree
>>
if it's so great then why did tony scott kill himself
>>
>not the matrix
>>
its OK. I never got what the hype was and the praise usually comes from people trying really hard to express how much they like the movie, so it makes me suspicious.
>>
>>62962687
it's a boring as fuck drama where virtually nothing happens until the very end. the only thing anyone remembers about that shit movie is "le tears in the rain xD"
>>
That's 2001.

It's the one movie I'd pick to show to lifeforms more intelligent than we are.
>>
>>62962815
I watched it once and thought it was ok, I watched it again like a year after that and now it's one of my favorites, there's just so many details that serve not only as foreshadowing and meaning, but they also build upon the film's universe.

honestly one of the few films that I don't get disconnected from it because I don't buy the "future" it's set in
>>
>>62962871
The implications of existentialism and decline of humanity are bigger than your shitty meme quotes, but you're obviously bored if there's no explosions every 10 seconds, I'd suggest Guardians of the galaxy, it even has a dance off in the end bro.
>>
>>62963000
that's a good suggestions since guardians is a much better movie.
>>
>>62962815
>>62962871
Its about worldbuilding and perfectly comfy, lonley, rainy, saxophone atmosphere. Go watch it with that in mind on a slow day with moody weather while drinking hot cocoa.

The poster+name makes you expect indiana jones in space, which ruins most peoples' first viewing (mine included).

Also its got amazing and cohesive but diverse visuals going on.
>>
>>62963303
Also, the director's cut is the only one worth watching. Narration+alt ending ruin the film.

Does anyone have the 'i just do eyes' sequel poster? Can't find it on google.

>>62963069
Bait smarter, not harder

>>62962940
but thats actually a boring movie.
>>
>>62962687

rewatched it a few weeks ago, it was a lot more boring the second time. tears in the rain part still gives me chills
>>
>>62963740
Can you believe that was an ad-lib?
>>
File: patricianlistupdate6.jpg (2 MB, 1995x4839) Image search: [Google]
patricianlistupdate6.jpg
2 MB, 1995x4839
>>62963432
>but thats actually a boring movie.
Only to people who aren't patrician.
>>
>>62964108
this is trying too hard. this is reddit-tier.
>>
>>62963944

no way, i literally don't believe that
>>
>>62963944
It's a DIRECT QUOTE from the short story, what are you talking about?
>>
>>62964132
No, tourist, this is the list to make you patrician.
>>
>>62964108

if it wasn't for jack and jill and four fantastic four movies, someone might actually fall for this bait
>>
Me and my friend have regular Blade Runner night's after drinking sessions where we fall asleep to Blade Runner...Comfy levels you wouldn't believe.

No homo btw.
>>
It's such a unique film. Nothing compares to it in that regard, it's so...odd?
>>
>>62964206
>if it wasn't for jack and jill

Jack and Jill is one of those films that is only bashed by those that did not see it. While far from being great it does show a range from Adam Sandler that he has not been able to match in his other projects.

I did not expect him to win any awards for his acting in the film but if you ever see the film you will walk away with a new respect for Adam you might not have right now.
>>
File: blade runner production.jpg (125 KB, 743x1204) Image search: [Google]
blade runner production.jpg
125 KB, 743x1204
Knowing how they did it only makes the scene more impressive. Kind of like Fitzcarraldo.
>>
Blade Runner>Ex Machina
>>
>>62964108
>all that adam sandler garbage
at least make it believable.
>>
>>62962687

Would /tv/ be opposed to a movie that deals with Roy's 4 years?

No not Solider. That's a cop out.
>>
>>62964155
I can't remember source, but its legit if you look.

>>62964108
I said bait smarter

>>62964159
Wasn't in the script afaik

>>62964436
i could fuck concrete with this erection.
>>
>>62962687
A movie so boring that it rivals 2001 in terms of how fast it can put people to sleep
>>
>>62962765
You've got us there, anon.
>>
File: bait.gif (1 MB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
1 MB, 400x254
>>62963069
>>
>>62964108
I love charts like these because it actually mixes in shitty movies with good movies
>>
>>62962687
Deckard wasn't a replicant and anyone who says otherwise is a faggot. Ridley has dementia.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.