[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TFW there's a fucking shitty series based on something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: HL04--screenshot_large.jpg (53 KB, 603x402) Image search: [Google]
HL04--screenshot_large.jpg
53 KB, 603x402
>TFW there's a fucking shitty series based on something as shitty as The Walking Dead but there's no series based on Half Life 2.
>>
No
>>>/v/
>>
>>62952314
I'm sure a series based on the first game would be cheaper to make.
>>
Why would you want a tv series based on a property with no plot, characters with no personality, and a generic as fuck setting?
>>
>>62952314
Because Half-Life is already a movie. And a shit
>>
>>62952314
>>>/v/
>>
Fuck off /v/
>>
File: 1386114884124.jpg (57 KB, 584x649) Image search: [Google]
1386114884124.jpg
57 KB, 584x649
>Half-life
>good
>>
>>62952376
>>62952433
I imagine it to be like a WWII, Warsaw Uprising drama except set in City 17 with human resistance instead of jews.

How fucking cool would that be?
>>
>>62952314
Video games translate poorly to film/tv.
It can be good if the story is truly exceptional, but it usually ends up as generic shit.
>>
File: STALKER.jpg (106 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
STALKER.jpg
106 KB, 960x540
>>62952642
This shit worked both ways for STALKER.
>>
Because Half life is a shitty meme game.
>>
File: 07georms650.jpg (101 KB, 650x460) Image search: [Google]
07georms650.jpg
101 KB, 650x460
>>62952641
Come on, I know it can work.
>>
>>62952697
Thats because was stalker video game was very loosely based on the movie which was very loosely based on the book.

If you made an actual "Stalker movie videogame" it would be a shitty walking simulator
>>
>>62952314
I wonder if Colony might come close. I don't know anything about it at all except for having watched the trailer just last night, but it seems to have a similar premise.
>>
>>62952676
>plebian detected
>>
File: 927314-20050420-screen001.jpg (135 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
927314-20050420-screen001.jpg
135 KB, 800x600
I mean, The Walking Dead is already halfway there with the zombie shit. They just need to add all the other elements.
>>
>>62952314

Because you'd have to get permission to make a series from Valve and I'm positive that the only people they want making anything Half-Life related anymore is Valve.
>>
>>62952314
There's a long history of video game stories getting completely fucked with film/television adaptions. The Half-Life series stands well on its own.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
>>62952314
Because Half-life 2 sucks

Half-life 1 + expansions is where it's at.
>>
I'm assuming OP means, not a series directly based on Half-Life 2, but set within the Half-Life universe, focusing on characters elsewhere dealing with the same issues the universe presents.

It WOULD be a feasible concept except for one huge issue: budget. Zombie make-up is cheap as shit. But can you imagine having things like in the OP pic? Regardless of whether you use practical effects or CG, the time and cash involved would just be too much for a regular TV production. They could still do it, but it would be a major gamble considering it's a video game adaptation and that's untested waters.
>>
>>62952892
they don't even want that...
>>
>>62953028
Just get these guys to do it. They've already proven that they have the skills to do a good job and without any big budget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yCGRy_dR30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FlIvlEQj6A
>>
>>62952697
>>62952786
Not to mention that most (I bet 90%) STALKER players never saw the movie or read the book (and they were not expected to)
>>
>>62953105
Wowzers. Those suck.
>>
>>62952314
thank god.

stories that you like and love should be left as written by the original. Make your own fan stuff but never let it be dissected it into dozens of pieces and side stories and what not. don't let that shit even touch the word canon.

you enjoy your wine until the last drop and appreciate it's taste. you don't refill it with water afterwards and tell yourself it tastes just as great or let someone else pour his wine into your bottle telling you "it's the same".
>>
>>62952314
go back to your containment board you fagget
>>
I'm sure Valve will make a 7 Hoyr War movie themselves with Source 2 instead of finishing the trilogy.
>>
>>62954092
>you enjoy your wine until the last drop and appreciate it's taste. you don't refill it with water afterwards and tell yourself it tastes just as great or let someone else pour his wine into your bottle telling you "it's the same".

God, you sound like the most fucking, marvellous person, never change. Cheers *clink*
>>
Isn't the whole point of Half-Life that it's a game?

There's dialogue and such, but the game doesn't stop to become a movie. You can always walk around and do things.

Outside of that, it's not like the story or characters are particularly impressive. It's just fun playing a game in that environment.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.