[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MASTA SKOIWOLKA THEYAS TU MANIE UV THEM WOT AYR WEY GEWING TU DU?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 1446687392213.jpg (37 KB, 600x256) Image search: [Google]
1446687392213.jpg
37 KB, 600x256
MASTA SKOIWOLKA THEYAS TU MANIE UV THEM WOT AYR WEY GEWING TU DU?
>>
[HATE YOUNGLINGS]
>>
>>62943962
*teleports behind him*
heh, nothing personnel kid
*sheathes lightsaber*
>>
>>62944073
*sheevs lightsaber*
>>
All memes aside for a second,

Why was this in the movie? I know looking for methods to Lucas' madness is a rabbit hole with no end, but seriously. Does he not understand how awful this is? That killing kids is the cheapest and schlockiest way to show a character being evil imaginable?

Like, Vader does literally three things in this movie after becoming Vader: kills a room full of kids, kills a room full of unarmed and untrained Separatists, and loses a lightsaber duel. And THIS is supposed to be the legendary black knight of the Sith? Any fucking dude with a gun could do those three things.

Why not show him fighting and killing some older, trained Jedi? It makes him way more threatening to realize he's more powerful than a team of a few masters, isn't it? Rather than more powerful than a team of children which is worth shit because literally any grown adult could do that?
>>
File: 03.jpg (112 KB, 989x421) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
112 KB, 989x421
The soize ofa tanjahreen.
>>
>>62944249
If you try to be honest, you'd realize it's the same thing in the original trilogy.

What does Vader do ? He chokes people, beat his son in a duel, then lose - LOSE - against him even though he's trained for 6 months top.

Talk about some legend, but hey, it's the OT so there's no way it can be bad, right ?
>>
>>62944249
>e cheapest and schlockiest way to show a character being evil
You got it right here. This THE only reason. Lucas is a hack.
>>
>>62944411
Because Vader was a commander in the OT, not a legendary warrior. He wasn't even highest command.
>>
>>62944453
Come on, Obi-Wan talked at lenght to Luke about his father the great jedi warrior. Everybody fears Vader and, not only because he has a leather fetish.

Even if you consider he's not good with a lightsaber, his mastery of the force should be enough to defeat Luke.
>>
>>62944545
Well in Episode 5 he was mostly toying with Luke, so he could break him by telling he was his father.
In Ep. 6, I don't think it's wrong to assume that Luke is nearly on the same skill and keeps up with him in their next fight.
>>
>>62944249
Well, it's implied he did kill Jedi from all rankings at the Temple's massacre, but Lucas most definetely has decided to show only the most shocking thing he could to illustrate how evul was Darth Vader. I personally would prefer if the clones had dealt with children and he was busy with the masters and knights - it's one thing being there and being responsible for what happened and another is to do it himself. I can't buy him still having some good in him after that - and watching Clone Wars only makes me angrier with how Lucas depicted him as the cartoon showrunners did a much better job as showing him as an ambiguous tridimensional being instead of a psychotic manchild.
>>
>>62944594
>In Ep. 6, I don't think it's wrong to assume that Luke is nearly on the same skill and keeps up with him in their next fight.

Yeah, and that's my problem. In 6 months he managed to be came as powerful as one of the most powerful jedi that ever lived.

I mean, I like the OT, but probably a good half of what's been said against the prequels could have been said about the OT as well, if people were not playing around with their nostalgia googles.
>>
File: 1448038910564.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448038910564.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>You underestimate my power!
This is the most underrated line in the movie. It was unintentionally the most characteristic line for Anakin to say. After pledging himself to Sheev, he does no formal training for the dark side and merely kills a bunch of children and bankers. As brash as he is, he claims Obi Wan underestimates him, when in reality he has become no more powerful by simply stating that he has turned to the dark side. And this is why he loses the fight.
>>
>>62943962
What did he mean by this?
>>
so anakin had more midiclorians which meant that he had more connection to the force or something right. But I never really understood what that meant. Does it just make him stronger/faster or does he have access to different abilities that other force users don't have? what makes one force user stronger than another? I never got a sense that anakin was special, a lot of the other jedi seemed just as capable as him.
>>
File: 1447766424581.jpg (21 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
1447766424581.jpg
21 KB, 236x236
>>62944637
>I can't buy him still having some good in him after that

According to prequel canon, even killing a room full of kids doesn't disqualify you from being a Force Ghost. He didn't even have to confess. Easier than the Catholics!
>>
>>62944885
Short answer: Lucas is a hack

Longer answer: _____________________________________________________________________LUCAS IS A HACK_______________________________________
>>
>>62944686

Pretty sure that's Vader having reservations about killing his kid.

What he wanted was to overthrow the Emperor with Luke as his apprentice. When Luke refuses to even fight for his life, Vader realizes he still loves his son, even if he has never held him.
>>
>>62944686
Vader was a shell of his former self. As far as I'm concerned his abilities stopped developing after he got fucking wrecked by Obi-wan. He had no reason to strive for anything other than being the emperor's yes man.
>>
File: Gradyschair1.jpg (59 KB, 758x758) Image search: [Google]
Gradyschair1.jpg
59 KB, 758x758
>>62943962
He must feel like he's home.
>>
what do you guys think about the star wars ring theory?
>>
>>62944686
>6 months
You mean 5 years
>>
>>62944961
This. People don't take into account how torn Vader is in VI, and it's clearly shown. When he and Luke meet on Endor, you can easily feel his sadness. The line "It is too late for me" is a great giveaway. Then in the Emperor's room, he has to fight but clearly doesn't want to kill Luke.

(and no, Lucas, we don't need Vader shouting "NOOOO" to realize that, you autistic ape)
>>
>>62944249
This was the way Lucas killed his ex wife's kekold baby on screen.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.