[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who doesn't like these movies? I enjoyed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: TheWorldofTheHungerGames.jpg (860 KB, 776x1200) Image search: [Google]
TheWorldofTheHungerGames.jpg
860 KB, 776x1200
Am I the only one who doesn't like these movies?

I enjoyed the books, and I really like the movie aesthetics but something is missing and I don't know what. There seems to be a lot of hype, what's going on? What do you guys think? Is anyone else bored with this series?
>>
>>62943571

It's hype because teen fiction and they are alright to watch like with your gf or your friends that are girls or your friends that are geeks that have shitty taste and watch shows like arrow or the flash.

They aren't great movies but offer action and generic acting/love traingle shit.

I don't know what you think is missing but they just are ok movies.
>>
>>62943571
Both the flicks and the books were unoriginal pieces of shit.
>>
>>62943631

to add one thing I thought was extremely annoying was like

>stop dying for me whiny katniss

I already watched Harry Potter.
>>
I thought the first two were brilliant, unique, creative, and super entertaining and I even went into them thinking they're gonna be lame as shit. The third however felt like a complete amateurish attempt at a war movie. It was genuinely terrible. Haven't seen the fourth
>>
>>62943631
It's fucking weird. I'm 28 and my gf is 27, she did the same thing with Twilight.

At some point isn't she not supposed to be a teen girl anymore? It's not like I want her to go to......whatever fills the male version of that role; Transformers maybe?
>>
>>62943673
People will want to knife you if you say you didn't like Harry Potter.
>>
>>62943706
I actually enjoyed the 2nd one too. The third felt like a trainwreck
>>
>>62943739

Woah, I fucking love Harry Potter. I was just saying like I'm done with that idea, it isn't new.
>>
>>62943706
A very nonviolent movie about violence
>>
>>62943706

Gotta agree with you there.

>>62943713

My GF will watch them but she isn't necessarily attached. But your gf sounds likes a basic bitch. No offence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaghIdSJKvQ
>>
DUDE MUH CHILDREN AT WAR LMAO
>>
File: 1441831458761.jpg (165 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
1441831458761.jpg
165 KB, 1032x774
>>62943783
>Only R rated blood and guts for me!
>>
>>62943802
>>62943713

Also I think it's just like a girl thing. I mean really how many movies are there about girls being bad ass and she also has that love triangle tragedy albeit really not that big in Hunger Games as well.
>>
>>62943829
I don't even like gore, it's just awkwardly handled and doesn't make sense in the context of the story.
>>
>>62943802
uncomfortably accurate video
>>
>>62943571
mocking jay part 1 was literally communist propaganda
>>
>>62944238
Why does the mocking jay mock?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.