[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was really good. I don't know why everyone hated it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: w_movie.jpg (34 KB, 324x417) Image search: [Google]
w_movie.jpg
34 KB, 324x417
This was really good. I don't know why everyone hated it.
>>
Dude hindsight lmao
>>
>>62942550
It's a fairly even-handed biopic though. Dick Cheney and George Tenent are the only objective cocks portrayed.
>>
Because it's saying nothing while saying it very loudly.

It has no reason to exist, it's a TV movie with an overqualified cast.
>>
>>62942534

It was good

>>62942745
>Because it's saying nothing while saying it very loudly.

>This poor schlub, who would otherwise be a nice, affable guy, was in way over his head and receiving awful intel and biased advice. What did that look like?

Pretty effective
>>
>>62942745
>It has no reason to exist
Are you kidding me? A dramatization of one of the biggest American political dynasties, as well as the most prolific political clusterfucks of recent memory. You're fucking stupid, kid. You might as well say all of Oliver Stone's filmography shouldn't exist.
>>
>>62942575
Who the FUCK is George Tenent? Never heard of the guy before.
>>
>>62942852
sorry, George Tenet is his name. he was the WMD guy.
>>
>>62942788
I'd say it. The guy sucks.
>>
>>62942852

Just some guy from a Kanye West song, i think he's a rapper too

@3:15
https://youtu.be/FOrLNHbEzMg
>>
>>62942861
Ahhhh, you meant George Tenet! I know who he is.
>>
>>62942871
He's made some bad films but he's made some really good ones too. W is in the latter.
>>
>>62942784
>>62942788

It's a Greatest Hits of the same shit everyone already knows.

>He was an idiot, remember to hit all the major flubs he said
>He had a mean dad
>He was manipulated by his cabinet

There's no actual introspection on him as a person because there was no time to digest who he was. Stone was so desperate to stay culturally relevant he didn't bother to actually decide what his movie should be.

>You might as well say all of Oliver Stone's filmography shouldn't exist.

And how would that be so bad? He's a polemicist who dressed up his hand-wringing with edgy violence and political atmosphere. At least in his early days his movies had cinematic energy, now he's a worthless, sad old man who's finally shown himself to be the boring old codger he always was.
>>
>>62942947
>There's no actual introspection on him as a person because there was no time to digest who he was.
I am convinced you didn't see the movie because pretty much the entire fucking thing was "actual introspection on him as a person". The final fucking scene is a longing for what he was truly passionate for: baseball.
>And how would that be so bad?
Because a lot of his movies are actually really good and interesting you dogmatic faggot. You don't think W. has cinematic energy? Completely fucking untrue. It's not a worthless one-note "greatest hits" biopic like The Iron Lady or The Queen; It is a love letter to Texas, a glimpse into a political dynasty, a tale of a father and son at odds, and a dramatization of the greatest political event of the 2000s. It's every bit as "cinematic" as Platoon or The Doors.
>>
>>62942534
Nixon was better
>>
>>62943013
Dumb fucker, /tv/ has hated Stone for years. Ironically hes the most macho American director since Scorcese too but that doesn't matter.
>>
>>62943130
>/tv/ has hated Stone for years.
The same /tv/ that calls Alexander the most underrated sword and sandal movie of all time and quotes Platoon endlessly?
>>
>>62943171
Newfag
>>
>>62943220
No.
>>
>>62943171
/tv/ has taken a rightward turn in recent years, and most Republikeks hate Stone and want to reflexively defend W even though he may have ruined the Republican party for a generation or longer
>>
>>62943247
for every "Republic_u_c_k" on this board there's also a mealy mouthed leftist who wants everyone to shut up and enjoy whatever piece of shit the racebaiters are mad about, whether it's Star Wars, Jessica Jones, or whatever nerdy faggot content they're all into. You all make me never want to vote again.
>>
>>62943316
lel,

most Republikeks are mealy mouthed leftists just below the surface.
>>
>>62943316
>muh middle ground
Kill yourself already, you disgusting faggot.
>>
>>62943316
>society across the world has been moving left for thousands of years
>has problem with it

>muslims resists western (read: liberal) influence
>muslim nations are still in the 16th century
>universally despised

I side with Maher over these college millenial hipster liberals... Yes, it's racist to think all Muslims are terrorists. Yes, Christians, Jews, and Muslims all have horrible violent books featuring child molestation and abuse that pretend the God of Abraham only hurts us cause he loves us... It's fine to be religious, but do it at fucking home. And leave it there. Christians that are anti-Muslim don't seem to grasp that nations that enforce biblical law like Muslim nations do are exactly why there's an America... Religious law is inhumane, regardless of which book you're reading from
>>
>>62943130
>>62943247
>/tv/ thinks xy
>/tv/ does xy
>muh hive

Leave 4chan you fucking cancer
>>
>>62943437
beats this binary college football rivalry mentality that most losers can't seem to escape.
>>
>>62943437
I lean more toward the right honestly but you faggots are seriously doing my party a disservice. Shape the fuck up.
>>
>>62943482
>I side with Maher
stopped reading right there
>>
File: image.gif (58 KB, 350x376) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
58 KB, 350x376
>>62942534
I have always preferred a different flavor of Bush
>>
>>62943556
At least that Bush actually looked like Bush.
>>
File: 1292376399957.jpg (12 KB, 220x180) Image search: [Google]
1292376399957.jpg
12 KB, 220x180
>>62943510
>leaning right
There are really only two good options here: either you educate yourself or commit suicide. Pick one.
>>
>>62943591
You're right, I'll start reading the canon of Frankfurt School right now!
>>
>>62943130
>/tv/ has hated

are you /tv/?
>>
>>62943130

>we are /tv/
>we think this way

I understand there are many common opinions here but using it as a justification of your own is downright pathetic m9
>>
It would have been better thought of if it was released today. Don't know why it was made when everyone was sick of the guy.
>>
File: image.jpg (499 KB, 2437x1337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
499 KB, 2437x1337
You realize he played dumb right? He's really just a regular guy who did coke in college and likes to paint portraits on his off time.

>ywn dodge a draft and learn to fly a fighter jet throughout the war
>ywn do pure coke and crash your car into college
>ywn have a ranch to live peacefully at
>ywn be homies with Putin and Osama
At least I'm not Çückboi Jeb
>>
>>62944775
who is that ugly little troll on the far right?
>>
>>62945723

Senorita Boosh
>>
Karl Rove and Dick Cheney were perfectly cast.
>>
It was like a cartoon based on somebody's made up history. Just like Nixon, JFK, etc

"Try not to kill too many civilians"
"Ok"

I'm so glad I didn't write that.
>>
>>62944775
those were the good old days; a time when gays knew there place and health care wasn't a pile of fuck all. now we got trannie as a first lady a go go married to a nigerian tranny loving nigger all of which is a ruse in actuality a half and half Kike who learned well at the knees of his Jew grand mother who taught him to pretend to be a nigger to fool the goyim into following him even further than the path of Jewdom. we're all thoroughly fucked!
>>
>>62943556
Greatest sitcom ever. Fuck 9/11 for happening and canceling it.
>>
>>62949014
One of these days Laura, one of these days!
>>
People wanted a total attack and slaying of Bush. He was -hated- at the time, and Stone is this supposed wild man and political bomb thrower even though that ended 20 years ago.

W is not a bad movie, and the second time I watched it I liked it a lot more. Nixon and especially JFK (Stone's best IMO) are much better movies, but there's probably no way in hell Hollywood would bankroll a JFK-esque take on Bush, Cheney, 9/11 and the elections.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.