[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Mahtian worth watching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 220px-The_Martian_film_poster.jpg (20 KB, 220x326) Image search: [Google]
220px-The_Martian_film_poster.jpg
20 KB, 220x326
Is the Mahtian worth watching?
>>
It can't be worse than the new Star Wars movie.
>>
Wait until the director's cut is out.
>>
Is it any better than the garbage novel it's based on?
>>
its okay, not good not bad.
>>
>>62941370
The story is enjoyable, the visual effects are pretty good and Matt Damon is convincing so give it a shot
>>
>>62941370
>story
6/10
>visual effects
10/10
>acting
9/10
>memes
plenty/toomany
>>
dooly appointed fedrul mahtian
>>
>>62941370
It's fucking terrible
>>
>>62941370
it's a nice feel good movie. I can recommend watching it in the theater for some good effects and light hearted fun.
>>
>>62941370
it's okay
make sure you're doing something else while watching, like playing an RP
G, otherwise it really drags
>>
It's alright. It's a solid movie with a watch, and it's one of the better things out in theaters right now.

It's always worth giving Ridley Scott a shot considering his legendary resume, but you can tell he played it safe this time, trying to make a movie that appeals and satisfies all audiences. A good family movie, really.
>>
>>62941415
I thought the director was uncut.
>>
>>62941370

He makes it back
>>
>>62941370
Good movie. Excellent cast across the board (Jeff Daniels and Sean Bean were great), decent soundtrack, beautiful imagery, very well-designed costumes, Matt Damon really shines in some moments like when he's counting the potatoes while the flimsy plastic sheet he taped to the airlock was howling outside. Some of the comedy is very ill-conceived, but the story itself is good. 7/10.
>>
was positively surprised

there's no opponent
>>
Interstellar was better
>>
Get ready to say Golden Globe Winner Matt Damon next year!
>>
>>62943558
no it wasn't.
>>
>>62943558
regarding sound and visuals definitely, no doubt about it. to me interstellar should have gone with a less obscure story though. the martian did better in that regard.
>>
a good 7/10 movie
>>
>>62943558
lel
>>
>>62943652
shit meant that for him >>62943599
>>
>>62943672
you can't even 4chan right how is anyone supposed to take you seriously?
>>
>>62943599
>>62943628
I'm going to have to reddit the shit out of this
>>
>>62941370

Broadly enjoyable. Donald Glover's character is annoying as fuck and some of the dialogue is very cringey. Also a bit uncomfortable with the China-rimming (be prepared to see more of this in the future as China establishes itself as a major export market).

8/10 tho. Bretty good.
>>
>>62944375
I liked the China characters though. They were a lot more welcome than Leet Mathmatic Wizkid who confuses his piss bottle for coffee.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.