[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone love that Bobba Fett was this unexplained,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Darth Maul vs Boba Fett.jpg (304 KB, 1129x1600) Image search: [Google]
Darth Maul vs Boba Fett.jpg
304 KB, 1129x1600
Why does everyone love that Bobba Fett was this unexplained, underutilized enigma but hate that Darth Maul got the exact same treatment?
>>
>>62935130
Darth Maul is the millennials Boba Fett. He's rad as fuck and even got revived in later material.
>>
>>62935130
Because Darth Maul was supposed to be the main antagonist for the movie, Fett was just a side character who did what he was paid to do
>>
Boba Fett wasn't a major villain with a fight scene over 10 minutes long.
>>
>>62935130
darth maul got hyped a ton during commercials and other promotions, so when i was a kid and i barely saw him and then he just gets killed it was pretty anticlimactic

bubba had no hype so it was better
>>
>>62935130
Because a mysterious bounty hunter is cool and doesn't require a lot of explanation, the lack of explanation makes him cooler because you can kind of imagine that this is a guy who's been through a lot of shit and killed a lot of people.

A dark jedi who is the main villain of the movie can't get away with that treatment, you need to explain where he came from or why he's doing what he's doing, I mean it's like if Obi Wan killed off Darth Vader in the lightsaber duel in Episode 4, you'd still think Darth Vader is kind of a cool character but you'd just go "ok, that's it, what was that guys deal?"
>>
Sounds gay but I always liked that Maul barely spoke in the movie but when he did it was a somewhat handsome normal voice and he spoke clearly.

Not all super evil deep or spooky sounding, he was disciplined.
>>
>>62935130
>boba fett has a cool mask
Literally the only reason he's popular. All the other bounty hunters in the OT got ignored
>>
File: greedo-and-han-solo.jpg (212 KB, 1200x880) Image search: [Google]
greedo-and-han-solo.jpg
212 KB, 1200x880
>>62937529
>implying
>>
>>62935130
>Boba Fett
>Side Character who mostly hangs out in the background

>Darth Maul
>Hyped the fuck up as the main villain when he has about 10 minutes of screentime
>>
>>62935130
Boba Fett was a hired gun, his backstory didn't matter, but it lended him an air of mystique and interest.

Darth Maul was supposed to be a major antagonist, a knight of the evil sith order, the first major villain the prequel characters face, and the first canonical non-EU character to bear the name (sorry, "title") of "Darth" since Vader, everyone's favorite character. And then he just died like a putz without ever doing or saying anything important.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.