[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fly episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: download (4).jpg (9 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
9 KB, 284x177
what was the point of the fly episode. You know, the one where Walt chases the fly. It was super boring.
>>
the fly is guilt
>>
NO CONTAMINANTS
>>
>>62930783
To show how obsessive Walt has become and to have an entire episode without action and drama to focus entirely on Walt and Jesses relationship at this point in the series.
>>
>>62930783
To show how autistic Walt has become and to have an entire episode without action and drama to focus entirely on Walt and Jesses relationship at this point in the series.
>>
I thought it was about Walt losing control of his situation. The one thing he had still in his power, his lab, wasn't even all his.
>>
there are several reasons, the most important one is this:
>Fly was going to air the same night as the LOST finale
It's a significant episode in terms of character study but that's really all there is to it if you want an easy answer.

There are other interpretations though.
>Walt tried meth

>Walt was fixated on the fly because he could. escape from the incredibly horrific shit he'd done by trying to solve a problem.

>Just a demonstration of how obsessive and nutty Walt could be.

take your pick
>>
>>62930783
Some girl Vince Gilligan wanted to fuck said she preferred Mad Men so he tried to imitate it.
>>
to save money with one location and two actors.
>>
Because they couldn't get the fly off set so they just decided to write an episode about it.
>>
File: 1380289670190.jpg (35 KB, 270x490) Image search: [Google]
1380289670190.jpg
35 KB, 270x490
>It's a bottle episode
>>
>>62930783

It's a bottle episode as I recall. I still liked it, because the entire time I was worried that Walt was going to slip about letting Jessica Jones choke on her own vomit.
>>
>>62930783
>>62931050
There's an episode later on where Jesse goes to mexico to cook for the cartel.
It's in that episode Jesse imitates Walt's over obsession as seen in the fly episode to show professionalism to the cartel, so they would take him more serious.
So the fly situation is referenced/used again, beyond just that episode.
>>
>>62935165
btw the episode is im refering to is: Season 4, Episode 10: Salud
>>
I think that due to budget concerns for the season they had to make at least one of the episodes really cheap and this one was it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.