[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tv/ I've found that my sense of humor is weird and is turning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: nathan_fielder.jpg (68 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
nathan_fielder.jpg
68 KB, 640x480
/tv/ I've found that my sense of humor is weird and is turning people off. Like I love Nathan for You but everytime I show someone an episode they just say it's weird.

What are some pleb shows and movies that people find funny?

Like average normal everyday people. I want to be normal and loved.
>>
your friends are dumb. my friends are reddit-tier normies and they love nathan
>>
Big Bang Theory
2 Broke Girls
Modern Family

essential normiecore
>>
>>62927658
>Big Bang Theory
Nice try but that show is for nerds only, nerd
>>
>>62927633

that show is decently funny but I can't really condone it because he's basically exploiting people who are struggling financially and it's too cruel at the end of the day

and yes, I know, "go back to tumblr lol faggot"
>>
thats why you have to show them a really good episode first and then they'll get the gist of nathans character
>>
>>62927658
I think Modern Family at least used to be a step above the other two, the first couple of seasons were pretty funny. Gone downhill quite a bit now though.
>>
How hard is it to search "most popular comedy shows"? I'm not even going to bother, but I would guess Friends, The Simpsons, Seinfeld, 2 and a Half Men, etc.
>>
>>62927633
Nearly all of my friends thought Frisky Dingo was too weird for words.

Which is weird because they all love Archer.
>>
>>62927633
Social acceptance is overrated
>>
>>62927633
I liked this show a lot but now I'm growing tired of its formula and don't find it that funny anymore, I feel that Nathan should try something different.
>>
>>62927729
Friends is the normiest show in the history of television
>>
>>62927701

Seriously lad just fucking end it all now.
>>
>>62927723
So, /tv/, what's the best episode to introduce someone to Nathan For You?
>>
Currently Family Guy, two Broke Girls, and the Big Bang Theory.

Previously Friends, Seinfeld, cheers....thats it I guess. Normies hated things that were funny before 2004
>>
>>62927866
Gas station
>>
>>62927866
The Hunk
>>
>>62927866
Gas station or souvenir shop
>>
File: why.jpg (11 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
11 KB, 236x236
>>62927924
Did you just imply seinfeld isn't funnny m8?
>>
>>62927765
its also undeniably one of the greatest
>>
>>62927866
Best Buy
>>
>>62928249
This. Normies hate hot topic.
>>
>>62927633
I watched it because it was recommended to me on the grounds of me liking Tim and Eric and Eric Andre, it's nothing like those shows. It's not even funny, the comedy is just him being a weirdo in front of normal people. Terribly unfunny, don't get why it's shilled so hard.
>>
everyone that i know loves friends for the 90s kid nostalgia, and that show how i met your mother. i hate that show more than anything but every normie i know thinks it's total genius.
>>
>>62928264
Makes sense that someone who likes Tim and Eric doesn't understand deadpan.
>>
File: 070129_borat5p.grid-6x2.jpg (18 KB, 474x291) Image search: [Google]
070129_borat5p.grid-6x2.jpg
18 KB, 474x291
>>62928264
>the comedy is just him being a weirdo in front of normal people
You say that as if it's an inherently unfunny concept
>>
>>62928264
>he comedy is just him being a weirdo in front of normal people
No, the comedy is seeing how people react in the weird situations that he puts them in.
>>
>>62928378
>>62928345
Well I only watched the first episode so maybe it gets better, but their reactions don't seem very funny. They just kind of have a "Wow this dude is a bit weird" expression on their face.
Not to mention that some of the people are clearly actors.
>>
>>62928435
It's not really their expressions that are funny. It's Nathan's dedication throughout everything. From his ability to keep a straight face to coming up with absurd business strategies. Also, the whole show is real.
>>
>>62928435
First episode is one of the weakest, it's still good though so that just might not be your kind of comedy
>>
>>62928435
thats exactly it. hes a comedian playing an awkward person straight faced and people not knowing what the fuck to make of it. It's anti humor.

If you dont like it then dont watch it.

I find it hysterical
>>
>wanting to be a normie

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.