[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Penn & Teller Fool Us >Get fooled by something incredibly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 1437528253589.jpg (52 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
1437528253589.jpg
52 KB, 620x349
>Penn & Teller Fool Us
>Get fooled by something incredibly simple

You know where this show belongs?
>>
post good tricks that fooled them

post the simple ones that fool them

you fucking lad
>>
>>62916862
On the shelf of awesome
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK0-ImFaSG4

How did they do it?
>>
>>62916862
>watching anything by Penn & Teller after they threw Maddox under the bus
>>
>>62917073
What happened now?
>>
>>62917899
Nothing he just finally made that video

https://youtu.be/8_KNAoWXv0g
>>
>>62916862
Except they do not stop the show and review it frame by frame to discover how the trick is done.

The idea was to fool them with perfection, something innovative or original but after episdoe with two guys, where one of them pulls out the card from his mouth that was covered with ducktape before, it all became about all about shitload of fake forces and sly of hands to cover one of the most uncreative and simple tricks you can think about.
>>
>>62918166
>implying Maddox has any right to talk
le kek
Only 12-year-olds listen to either of them.
>>
File: rockcock64_400x400.png (334 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
rockcock64_400x400.png
334 KB, 400x400
>>62918166
>"they missed the nuance of my argument!"
>Maddox
>nuance
good one
>>
>>62918166
>He tries to argue about jokes
>Fallacy
>Hipocrite
>those insults
Who the fuck is this autistic faggot?
>>
File: Deadshot.jpg (29 KB, 317x315) Image search: [Google]
Deadshot.jpg
29 KB, 317x315
>>62918678
>failing to recognize his genius
>>
>>62918732
He's a writer that was around before you were born.
>>
>>62918778
>>62916862
>>
>>62917055
The gun is a remote and the glass is triggered to shatter that way remotely when Teller pulls the trigger/switch.
>>
Some 13 year old is forcing a meme here and ruining the thread. Can we ignore him please
>>
>>62919012
Nope! Nice try but you're still a stupid nefag.
>>
>isn't fooled
>haha that was good trick but we know how you did it
>DON'T FUCKING REVEAL HOW THEY DID THE TRICK
>
>>
>>62920425
Honor among thieves.
>>
>>62916862

The round isn't crimped into the casing, and after it is initialed, they pull the round out and palm it before it is actually loaded into the chamber. Notice how they don't show you the round, but only the casing, when they do finally load the round?

With the round concealed in hand, they go back to the stage, and while donning all their protective kit, they slip the round into their mouth.

When they pull the trigger, the hammer is hitting an actual primer, but there is no powder charge in the casing. There is, however, a wax projectile that is expelled from the gun with enough force to actually break the glass, and this force and impact shatters the wax projectile as a result, making it relatively harmless beyond close range, and invisible to the audience.

Then it's just a matter of putting the round in between their teeth as if it was actually fired from the gun, and that's it...
>>
>it's a penn and teller advertise for carl's jr episode
>>
>>62918493
The two hipsters with the really shitty/lame victorian mentalist act were the ones who started that trend. They switched a stacked deck in a bag, obviously, then the bag had a fake back.
>>
Bullshit was the worst show I've even seen.

I can't imagine how bad this crap is.
>>
>>62921898
If it's so shitty and lame why aren't you on television doing it and performing on stage in the fucking Rio in Las Vegas?

Stay fat and stupid, moron.
>>
why import a britkek with a speech impediment to host?
>>
>>62922204
The point is even penn knew exactly what was happening, but they purposefully did a shitty switch into a double-backed bag forcing penn and teller to either go "fooled us" or look stupid/shitty by trying to claim the bag was fake.
>>
>>62922204
Because he realizes that it's shitty and lame.
>>
>>62922546
The format is that they get a guess at how the trick is done. If the performer is canny enough to anticipate judgment, they win. The system favors Penn & Teller, they have used up to four guesses before to determine fooler status. If it's really hairy, they go to the video judge.

The Victorian "hipsters" FOOLED THEM by their rules and nothing about it was shitty. You're what's shitty.
>>
>>62920425
Most magic tricks are incredibly simple gimmicks hidden by skilled misdirection and deception. People always want to know the gimmick but it really destroys the entire allure of magic. That's why they guard their secrets so closely.
>>
File: Trashman Trumped.png (14 KB, 509x227) Image search: [Google]
Trashman Trumped.png
14 KB, 509x227
>>62917055
>that heavy breathing by Trashman after just walking a couple steps
>>
>>62917055
I'm pretty sure both guns fired squibs, since they never showed the barrels post firing.
>>
>>62923166
The problem is the victorians started a trend of magicians doing pretty obvious tricks while feinting "botched" moves to get P&T to guess wrong.
>>
>>62924587
No they did not. Watch the earlier episodes, it happened routinely.
>>
>>62917055
I saw this live.
>>
>enter thread expecting magic trick videos
>only one is penn and teller's most famous trick
>>
>>62923443
I remember watching this. Penn got kucked hard on live tv.

>Trump: "You've said nasty things about me in the past, trashman."
>Trashman: "I'm so sorry sir, that is all behind me!"
>Trump: Ha ha, ok. You're fired by the way."

relevant part here: https://youtu.be/bkxkYvppSH0?t=5m20s
>>
>>62925077
I report most magic trick videos to protect the craft btw. Post at your own danger.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.