[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hell would Saruman build his army and tower at the base
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Isengarddam.jpg (808 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Isengarddam.jpg
808 KB, 1920x800
Why the hell would Saruman build his army and tower at the base of a river only held back by a shitty wooden dam and a few measly orcs guarding it next to a forest known for walking trees that he was having his orcs cut down? Surely he was smarter than that to become king wizard
>>
>>62911397
>to become king wizard
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
The river didn't flow right through Isengard and Saruman did not build Orthanc, it originally flowed around it but Saruman dammed it up to power his rapid industrial revolution.
>>
>>62911397
Oh God the CGI looks so bad
>>
I mean, he was arrogant enough to think he could take the Ring from Sauron and rule Middle Earth himself, he probably thought there was no chance the Ents would rise up and he was safe in Orthanc
>>
File: Star Wars 6.jpg (92 KB, 1250x865) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars 6.jpg
92 KB, 1250x865
>>62911543
>tfw you get typecast as the bad guy trying to overthrow a bigger bad guy
>>
>>62911543
and he was right, the Ents didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>62911532
looks fine to me, I've never understood the shit LOTR gets for its CGI
>>
>>62911397
because the dam provided much needed electricity to power up the machinery invented by the lead scientist uruk-hai named Nikolog Teslákh
>>
>>62911578
Oh. Is that what Dooku was trying to do? Glad someone finally explained what the fuck his motivations were.
>>
>>62911668
look at the bottom right. Ents and the ground don't look good.

Couldn't care less tho, the movie still looks perfectly fine in motion.
>>
>>62911710
Actually you're quite right about the ground on second thought, but the ents don't look that bad, just a little plasticine-ey and if I can put up with that in Robocop, I can put up with LOTR
>>
>>62911532
Looks terrible unless in motion, and that shot lasts like 2 seconds
>>
>>62911602

Yeah the Ents weren't gonna do shit until Merry basically rubbed Treebeard's face in it.
>>
File: YEAAHHHHHH.gif (128 KB, 424x424) Image search: [Google]
YEAAHHHHHH.gif
128 KB, 424x424
>>62911397
Nobody expected the trees to rebel senpai, they were barely alive, and he sent almost his entire army to fuck Rohan
>>
This tower was there even before this war and before evil saruman. They probably dont think about this place as a strategic point for evil army.
>>
>>62911752

So like most CGI?
>>
>>62911668
The movies are 10+ years old now. Some of the CGI didn't age well, like a lot of the pelennor fields. The balrog still looks great though
>>
>>62911798
this desu senpai lmao kek

the tower is made of the same stuff as the palantirs and is invincible, it was placed there by the first Numenorean men iirc
>>
>>62911702
it's pretty much what every sith does.
>>
>>62911397
because tolkien is an absolute shit writer and he is only good at world building
>>
>>62912180
Nothing wrong with Tolkien's writing and OP's already been proven wrong anyway.

Saruman was given Isengard by grateful locals as his fortress- he didn't build it, and it was made of indestructible material so he didn't have much to worry about anyway - and when he went full edgelord he intentionally diverted the river to dam it as a mechanical power source.

The Ents were 99% asleep and not good for much resistance until the hobbits woke them up, and his army would have been able to take the Ents on and defend the dam, except they all happened to be away. It was extremely poor timing that the Ents just got woken up at the one time he didn't have tens of thousands of troops there to protect the dam.

Furthermore, even after the dam was destroyed, he was still sitting in an indestructible fortress surrounded by water with nothing to worry about. In Tolkien's version he managed to survive and re-establish another empire later in the Shire thanks to this. In Jackson's version he only died thanks to wormtongue betraying him.
>>
>>62912456
Sounds like plot armor to me
>>
>>62912514
How?
>>
>>62911532
Still better than the Warcraft movie
>>
>>62913358
epic post my friend

I can already sense all the shit the movie will get from memeposters on /tv/ _just_ because they don't like the game
>>
File: 1439076388865.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1439076388865.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>62911397
>Saruman built Orthanc

You absolute faggot.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.