[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone explain me what's so good about Star Wars?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: disney.png (17 KB, 1019x773) Image search: [Google]
disney.png
17 KB, 1019x773
Can anyone explain me what's so good about Star Wars?

>shit director
>shit writing
>poor acting
>mediocre photography
>>
No.
>>
>>62901547

You've already made up your mind. An explanation won't help anything.
>>
>>62901547
It popularized the concept of sexy alien slave girls in western society.
>>
>Toy stores in 1977
>Toy stores in (insert year here)
>Toy stores in 2015

You'll figure it out
>>
>>62901547
>Photography
>>
>>62901605
Nice cop out there
>>
>>62901547
If you have to ask, you'll never understand.
>>
>>62901640
Pardon me, English is not my first language

Probably you call it "cinematography"
>>
>>62901547

The retardedly large however nonsensical EU, and the fact that it all fell apart with Georges shit show of directing and brand management.
>>
Social media culture. Most people on this board only started liking it in the last 5 or so years when it became "cool"
>>
>>62901679
>нe пocтить нa cвoeм языкe в пepвyю oчepeдь
aй лaмao
>>
>>62901763
?
>>
Was an achievement for its time. created the GOAT villain. was fun and nostalgia is an amazing thing.
>>
Because the director actually got something out of film school rather than being cynical, in debt, and browsing /tv/ all day with nothing to offer in life but regret. And cause it was pretty revolutionary for its time.
>>
>>62901547
The way it makes neckbeards rage.

Honestly as a fun space adventure I don't mind it however overrated it may be, but the cancerous culture around it is unbearable.
>>
60% nostalgia
40% shilling
>>
>>62901702
How old are people on this board?

24 years old here grew up with Star wars
>>
>>62901547

you watched it way too late. its magical to watch as a 6 year old and this is why its so loved.

watching it at a cynical twentysomething NEET its not going to have the same effect.
>>
Basic themes that are relatable across cultures. Good pacing adventure movie, with great special effects that have aged like fine wine. Was also a cultural phenomena, not only as far as popular culture, but that it helped enable new development of technology and filmmaking that was outside of the old monolythic studio system.

Personally I think Lucas is underrated as fuck as a business icon. People won't stop slobbing on Steve Job's knob, but he's got nothing on Lucas.
>>
this desu senpai
>>
File: spoonfeeding 4.jpg (19 KB, 350x234) Image search: [Google]
spoonfeeding 4.jpg
19 KB, 350x234
> why is this kids movie not so good to me as a grown adult?

I'm more concerned you cant figure this one out by yourself.
>>
>>62901547
All it is, is the retrofuturistic technology and game-theory of the setting. Incredibly romantic. Most of it isn't even Lucas' designs.

The story itself is shit-tier, and Han Solo is the only relatable character.
>>
File: soap.jpg (44 KB, 480x445) Image search: [Google]
soap.jpg
44 KB, 480x445
>>62901547
Ssssshhh, Just. Let. It. In.
>>
It feels like a genuine adventure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gpXMGit4P8
>>
>>62901547
nothing it's crap the franchise is a dead horse, sage all Star Wars shit
>>
>>62901547

good sound design
>>
>>62905811
11/10 post
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.