[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck you, you cant justify this film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 15
File: Alien_resurrection_ver3.png (854 KB, 936x1259) Image search: [Google]
Alien_resurrection_ver3.png
854 KB, 936x1259
Fuck you, you cant justify this film
>>
>>62898780
Watching this right now. Your butthurt is embarrassing, movies don't need justification.
>>
File: 1400898679314.gif (2 MB, 209x213) Image search: [Google]
1400898679314.gif
2 MB, 209x213
>>62898780
>implying you need to justify watching a Noni film
>>
File: H._R._Giger.jpg (105 KB, 771x1027) Image search: [Google]
H._R._Giger.jpg
105 KB, 771x1027
>>62898780
the xenos finally get to fuck humans though.
>>
And just to be clear i didnt like aliens 3 as well. I was the last watchable film but the series DIED at Aliens.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a retard.
>>
File: 1438647735064.jpg (48 KB, 620x262) Image search: [Google]
1438647735064.jpg
48 KB, 620x262
alien 3 was shit so they made a hilarious comedy. Ron Perlman alone justifies the film

alos minus toy story, its the best thing Joss Whedon has worked on
>>
>>62898780
This movie was crappy for an Alien film, but actually tried some new things and nailed the Alien atmosphere.

Biggest problems were the retarded newborn, generic survival-horror escape plot, and fucking up continuity/canon forever, not to mention establishing the fucking retarded idea that you can't have a good Alien film without somehow involving Ripley who's story was finished in 3.

But it had based Ron Perlman.
>>
>>62898780
It had some good ideas and intentions mixed in even if it was a huge mess. Which is more than Alien 3 can say.
>>
>>62899001
Let me clarify: the newborn itself wasn't a bad concept, and the first models had a big dick thing going into a vagina on its crotch.

But the execution ended up being kind of retarded and the hybrid weirdness was just fucking weird.
>>
>this thread
>>
>>62899084
I think it's a pretty good design and fits with the whole horrible genetic experiments angle. Trying to make a more monstrous last boss than the Queen is a stupid idea, but a more horrible abomination, you can work with that.
>>
>>62899163
Yeah I feel like if it had an upright posture, no saggy tits, and more biomechanical design it would've been fucking terrifying and awesome.
>>
File: tumblr_np134xYirH1qfzcnbo1_400.gif (2 MB, 350x242) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np134xYirH1qfzcnbo1_400.gif
2 MB, 350x242
>>
Oh, look, it's the A4 wasn't a complete, franchise-ruining disaster meme.
>>
The Newborn creature Joss Whedon originally scripted in Alien Resurrection was drastically different to the one ultimately featured in the film. In the script, it is an eyeless, ivory-white creature with six limbs — four, spider-like legs at the front with two dog-like rear limbs. It also has bulging red veins running along the sides of its elongated Alien head and an inner jaw, with the addition of a pair of pincers on the sides of its head. These pincers were used to immobilise the creature's prey as it drained its victim of their blood using its inner jaw.[4] The Newborn was also meant to rival the Queen in size. Jean-Pierre Jeunet, the film's director, later asked Amalgamated Dynamics, Inc. to lean towards making the human-Alien hybrid more human than Alien.[5] Chris Halls created several concept sketches of creatures that blended Xenomorph and human characteristics, but the final design ultimately bore little resemblance to these.[6] The Newborn's eyes and nose were added to improve its expressions to make it a character, rather than just a "killing machine", and give it depth as a character. Originally, the production team considered giving the creature Ellen Ripley's face, although the idea was eventually dropped for fear of comparisons with Sil from the film Species, which had been released the previous year.[5]

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Newborn

Instead we got dickbutt
>>
I liked Jean-Pierre Jeunet's direction. He gave the Xenos an uneasy sexual presence that really gelled well with Giger's designs.

I honestly believe the studio salvaged this movie the best they could by tearing apart Joss Whedon's script. A jeep chase on a space station is an awful idea.
>>
winona was the cutiest android ever seen on film

this alone justifies its existance
>>
>>62899260
i prefer the more human hybrid tbqh. i feel so sorry for that poor thing when it dies.
>>
>>62899459
God I had such a big crush on her back in those days. I'd still lay her down some meat that's for sure.
>>
>>62899364
>I liked Jean-Pierre Jeunet's direction. He gave the Xenos an uneasy sexual presence that really gelled well with Giger's designs.

Giger himself said the Aliens were shit, that they literally looked like shit.
>>
>>62899364

I don' tknow. I think they take it a little to far. I like Alien's genital-look of the facehugger. It's there, but subtle enough to not be intrusive.

A4 is just over-the-top. Even the proposed design anon posted is too much with the vagina and cock. It crosses the line of disturbing to fucking gross.
>>
File: 1HLGqaj.png (92 KB, 444x440) Image search: [Google]
1HLGqaj.png
92 KB, 444x440
>>62899483
Had to look that up again, Jesus, that was brutal.
>>
It was a fun movie and had some cool special effects
>>
Man, I loved Resurrection. It was great. Dan Hedaya's expression alone were fucking fantastic.

Based Brad Dourif making faces at the Alien through the glass

That guy at the end who goes berserk and has the chest buster go through another body.

Movie was the shit
>>
3>4>1>2

My actual opinions.
>>
File: 1350866922588.jpg (7 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1350866922588.jpg
7 KB, 400x400
>>62899740
>>62899734

What the fuck is wrong with both of you?
>>
>>62898780
It's so bad
>>
>>62899001
>nailed the Alien atmosphere
What the fuck man it was all brightly lit and the aliens weren't scary at all, it didn't even feel like they were a threat to any named characters
>>
>>62901185
swimming aliens were terrifying
>>
>>62901317
They didn't hide or strike from darkness though, they were shown swimming in centre frame via CGI
I honestly don't get how you can say it nailed the Alien atmosphere when the movie seemed to treat them more like the aliens in Pitch Black rather than how they were in Aliens
>>
File: robert de niro laughing.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
robert de niro laughing.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>
>>62898780
>Fuck you

Rude.
>>
>>62899000

Joss Whedon's idiotic script and incessant need to turn everything into a tonally dissonant comedy is what killed it

the cast, direction, cinematography, sets, and sound were all largely good to great
>>
File: species2.jpg (88 KB, 338x507) Image search: [Google]
species2.jpg
88 KB, 338x507
>>62898780

6/10 action flick watch ever so often, who are you to tell me what i shouldnt like. It fantasy for god sake
>>
Alien - 9/10
Aliens - 8/10
Alien 3 - 7/10
Alien R - 6/10
>>
>>62898780
>film
you misspelled flick
>>
>>62899604

no he said

>The creatures in Alien:Resurrection are even closer to my original Alien designs than the ones which appear in Aliens and Alien3. The film also resurrects my original designs for the other stages of the creature's life-cycle, the Eggs, the Facehugger and the Chestburster. Alien:Resurrection is an excellent film.

i actually really like the resurrection design. it feels way more real even if the toned down biomechanical motif is mildly less creative
>>
>>62899604
>>62901633
What does Giger know? Not like he did anything for the film other than some neato concept art
>>
>>62901626
more like movie
>>
>>62901392
None of the films are just "more of the same". That's that great thing about the franchise. I mean, 3 & 4 get shit for being "too different" than the originals but even they were like night and day. Visually, tonally, in terms of plot and cast... Aliens was nothing like Alien.
>>
File: hr giger.jpg (42 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
hr giger.jpg
42 KB, 396x594
>>62901645
>getting triggered by Giger from the grave
>>
daily reminder that Sigourney wanted to shoot an orgy scene with the xenomorphs but it never happened

>>62901404
kek
>>
>>62901664
What, people like 3 entirely for being similar to the first one despite being a worse movie. You don't know shit, the fourth was a total tonal shift and it sucked because of that.
>Aliens was nothing like Alien
Jesus Christ
>>
>>62899000
>minus toy story, its the best thing Joss Whedon has worked on

> joss worked on toy story
I don't have enough vomit pictures
>>
>>62901695
>ur triggered
Looks like I win this one. Thanks for coming lol
>>
>>62899734
>That guy at the end who goes berserk and has the chest buster go through another body.
Which doesn't make fucking sense, in the other movies going through something like that is so traumatic it saps your strength and makes you lose consciousness, but somehow this guy was able to feel it coming and had the strength to hold someone down in front of him while it happened.
>>
>>62899650
That was what Ridley Scott wanted to happen to Veronica Cartwright's character in the original Alien but the production crew told him it wasn't feasible on their budget.
>>
>>62901392

the alien shows up blatantly on screen and relatively well lit in every one of the films, except alien where they're never well lit but still blatantly on screen

also after the first one everyone knows what the fucking alien looks like, its not some big secret that must be shied away from the camera for two hours before a climactic reveal
>>
>>62901754

i meant except aliens
>>
>>62901708
>>Aliens was nothing like Alien
>Jesus Christ
Alien is a horror film, Aliens is an action flick
>>
>>62901754
Yeah but they're introduced by striking from darkness and hiding and generally being dangerous creatures, in 4 they're introduced in a well lit area being observed by scientists.
What don't you understand?
>>
>>62901784
Yeah until the soldiers get their shit pushed in and it's back to a small group getting hunted by a dangerous otherworldly foe, there's just more of them.
Seriously what genre you classify them doesn't mean shit, there's a clear tone and atmosphere that is carried throughout the two, which Resurrection ignores this. It's why people think it's the worst Alien film by far.
>>
>>62899642
>It crosses the line of disturbing to fucking gross.
The director actually agrees with you. The studio asked him to tone it down and he agreed that maybe it was a bit too much.

I'd really recommend listening to the director's commentary on the blu ray release. On the technical level its a pretty impressive movie.
>>
>>62901708
A horror movie vs an action movie, Ripley barely surviving vs "get away from her, you bitch!" scientists vs marines, 1 alien vs a shitload of aliens, clean/white sets vs dark/dirty sets... etc. They're very different movies.
>>
>>62898780
I'll be happy as long as someone gets fucked in the face by a monster and we get to see some HR Geiger inspired art.
>>
>>62899260
Are you honestly saying you would have rather had Ripley's CGI face over top of more shitty CGI?
>>
I watched this the other day again. Don't see what everyone's problem is. It's entertaining as hell and has some interesting things in it, plus the newborn death at the end is brutal.
>>
>>62898868
Just fell down the stairs and died, damn. Why couldn't it have been autoerotic asphyxiation?
>>
>>62899001
>the fucking retarded idea that you can't have a good Alien film without somehow involving Ripley
Good God this. It could be so much more if they didn't feel the need for Ripley in every film.
>>
Jeunet's direction creates the most insular, hair-raising horror seen since the very first installment.

Considering the limits he pushes the franchise and the middling, Josshwhedon material itself, it might even be the peak.
>>
>>62902276

because contrarian /tv/ has taken 3 to being an overlooked masterpiece on par with the first, despite it being reviled by the public, critics, and even its edgemaster director

so /tv/ needed to rally around a new worst-alien-film and outside the minority of super-contrarians that think 2 is an irredeemable piece of shit that pisses all over the ridley's, that pretty much leaves 4 to be the whipping boy

even though the only problem is whedon's shitty script, and while that's certainly a big problem, it's still more enjoyable than 3 (muh assembly cut or not)
>>
>>62902459
3 isn't a masterpiece, but it also isn't to be so quickly dismissed. Especially with the work print cut on the blu ray that puts characterization and subplots back into the story to flesh it out. Most people don't like it because it wasn't Aliens 2.
>>
You guys need to stop defending 3. Come on now

There is zero natural motion in that film. Every actor is hitting Fincher's marks to serve his flashy, caffeinated storyboards. This is a movie that stylistically never even made it past fucking pre-production and here you are defending it. Let the man learn. God forbid he return to this type of "filmmaking".
>>
A3 wasn't a complete loss. I like the fact that it told us that the result of face-hugger impregnation takes on the attributes if the host; e.g. the xenomorph in 3 bursts from a dog instead of a human and so is faster, smaller, and more agile. Requiem fucked this up with eye candy, muh showdown shit writing and design with the xeno/predator hybrid.

I think Ressurection may have been better if they hadn't based the human/xeno splice on the original art and figure design at all. Boring imo. The "humans play God" thing should've given us something truly original.

Xeno impregnates a human:
A+B=Ab
Human tries to copy it:
A+B=X
>>
>>62902524
trust me he learned. I hate alien 3, but ill admit no fan will ever hate that movie as much as david does.
>>
>>62902524
What the fuck are you typing, you total retard?

Alien 3 is more of an Alien film than Aliens was. Take a good, long run at fucking yourself.
>>
Alien 3 turned me off so badly, the whole prison for man, religion stuff, fuck you man just give some alien shit, saw like 30 minutes and dropped it.
>>
>>62902626
I mean that I can't help but feel like I'm watching storyboards converted directly to film, as opposed to working with the actors to develop something more fluid and less closed off and stagey, stylistically speaking. Imagine an entire film formally adopting a comic book panel visual structure and there's Alien3 as far as I'm concerned.

Shitty Robert Rodriguez movies fall in this camp as well.
>>
>>62902633
I'm surprised, a planet full of convicted criminals hungry for some boipussy sounds like it would be right up your alley.
>>
i like resurrection t-b-h

superhuman ripley was pretty dumb but the rest of it is entertaining
>>
>>62902697

Ripley isn't boipussy
>>
>>62902785
But you are ;^)
>>
>>62902683
I still don't know what the fuck you're talking about, man.

PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.