[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has any movie this year had any more "how can they be that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (389 KB, 600x290) Image search: [Google]
image.png
389 KB, 600x290
Has any movie this year had any more "how can they be that dumb?!?" moments than this movie?
>>
I thought the Pratt n raptor stuff was gonna be dumb, but it's the least problematic thing in this movie

Mine was more: the I Rex is RIGHT in front of you and you have a bazooka SHOOT HER
>>
>>62897726
>dat feel when aiming the bazooka at the man eating serial killer dinosaur and when diarrhea hits you
>>
There was so much stupid dumb bullshit in this movie, but my expectations were so low I ended up enjoying it more then I expected.
>>
>>62897829
That's the power of dinosaurs
>>
The ending nonverbal "great job bro" between the trex and the raptor was hilarious whether intentional or not.
>>
You know, even though I knew Jurassic World was more than likely going to be shit and had no expectations for it I was still severely disappointed. It's just like, this was the best script they could come up with after all those years?
>>
File: dinosaur dna.jpg (46 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
dinosaur dna.jpg
46 KB, 960x540
>>62897867
Doctor Hammond I'm Dee En Aye
>>
I had extremely low expectations but not for the absolute shit-tier CGI

they literally had one job
>>
>oh man the big dinosaur probably climbed over the wall and escaped
>even though there are guards all around and it'd make shit ton of noise
>even though there would be a huge crater where he landed, and a fucking earthquake you can't miss. There's no way he'd ever escape without leaving obvious as all fuck tracks
>also why don't we have cameras all around? Sure we should be able to see him climb it if we did
>why don't we just call the doc and ask what possible abilities it might have based on the DNA it was created with?
>why didn't he give us a list like that to begin with? It wouldn't reveal what animals were used, it would just make our job more safe
>why doesn't the guy guarding the dinosaur have one of those transmitters that show where the dinosaur is with him?
>why don't we have double-gated entrance to this Dinosaurs cage even though we have to the raptors for obvious safety reasons, even though they are way less dangerous?
>you know what fuck it just send people to the cage yolo

I don't usually nitpick about plotholes and what not but goddamn this one fucking scene was more dumb than the whole of TDKR
>>
>>62898372
>>why don't we just call the doc and ask what possible abilities it might have based on the DNA it was created with?
>>why didn't he give us a list like that to begin with? It wouldn't reveal what animals were used, it would just make our job more safe
Covered in the movie. Wu was working for the military guys.
>why don't we have double-gated entrance to this Dinosaurs cage even though we have to the raptors for obvious safety reasons, even though they are way less dangerous?
It had 2 gates. They were cut off from the one they came in, and the fat security guard opened the other door to try and save himself.
>you know what fuck it just send people to the cage yolo
They sent 3 people.
>>
I never understood the whole "DUDE TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF" but I was actually able to enjoy this movie basically because of that, if you nitpick their stupidity and plotholes you will spend your whole time hating the thing, but the I-Rex and the whole weaponization of dinosaurs plot was so fucking stupid.
>>
>>62898477
I also had to turn my eyes off when those blurry bad CGI flying dinos were zipping around
>>
>>62897726
This sums up all of the major plot holes quite quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXGCyjJh48I
>>
>>62897680
When they shot the dinosaur full of bullets and rocket launchers from a distance of 5meters and it didn't even get scratched I was kind of over with the whole thing.
>>
>>62898538
Awesome.
>>
>>62898460
>Covered in the movie. Wu was working for the military guys.
What was the reason then?

>It had 2 gates. They were cut off from the one they came in, and the fat security guard opened the other door to try and save himself.
It didn't have two gates, the one they came in from was just an entrance from the inside, it was only human sized

What's your point about sending 'only' 3 people, it was retarded to send any

as was everything else with that scene
>>
>>62898855
>What was the reason then?
To make shitloads of money with military contracts. He was experimenting out in the open on an unrestricted budget. Indian Hammond was a figure head and had no idea what was going on.
>>
>>62898984
>Make us a killer dinosaur out of different DNAs
>alright
>so what DNAs are you using? Is it possible he can spit poison for example, or emit some dangerous gas, or play dead? This is pretty important to make sure us and our viewers are safe, especially since there's only a glass between us
>nah bro I ain't gonna tell you
>well alright, fair enough
that's even more retarded
>>
>>62897680
The I Rex escape scene was really the only scene I had a big problem with, and really it could have been solved if they added a bit where Claire tries to call the control center from the paddock but can't get a signal. I mean that happens at another point in the movie, and even the fat dudes walkie talkie sounds all shitty at first while they're inside the paddock. I can forgive everyone going into the paddock seeing as how they had no fucking reason to believe it was in there. I mean logically speaking they would engineer an attraction that would be easy to see, rather than the exact fucking opposite. What that one anon said about the scientists not revealing what it's made of is a good point and totally bullshit. I'd forgive it if there was a good reason, like Masrani doesn't want to know what it's made of because he wants it to be a surprise when he sees it. He's an eccentric guy and I can see that happening with him. Other than that the movie was fine with me and I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>62899589
honestly my biggest issue was the lack of anyone checking out if there are any tracks on the other side of the wall, where it supposedly climbed over. That was the most obvious thing and instantly sprung into my mind, it can't fly it will leave huge tracks upon landing
>>
>>62899743
Eh, I can excuse that as they were checking the inside first to see if it were even plausible for it to escape and they'd check the outside next. Not exactly smart, but it's an excuse.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.