[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friends was 'problematic'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1386785033377.jpg (56 KB, 773x396) Image search: [Google]
1386785033377.jpg
56 KB, 773x396
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsQ5za-J6I8
You should all be ashamed of yourselves, cis scum!!
>>
This is pretty good so far, thank you over reactive SJW's
>>
>>62890365
dated surprisingly well in sending up PC awkwardness over these things. Still current.

Never really got into Friends. I might enjoy it more if they trimmed it all down to just the funnies and ditched the weak character-driven sentimental shit.
>>
>>62890599

>not shedding a single tear after watching the prom video
>>
>>62890365
Not one of those jokes was even slightly homophobic.

I found this one interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p5i7lu2pGQ&feature=youtu.be
>>
The funny thing is some of the most human moments in friends are between ross and his ex wife or her partner.

It's easy to point out friends as making homophobic jokes (although its ridiculous, most of them were VERY light hearted and played on the clear idiocy of the characters making them) but it was also very compassionate; showing a lesbian couple successfully raising a son with strong family values.

Likewise with Chandler's father, the butt of the joke is never that he's in a dress it's that he's in a dress and looks just as fabulous as his ex wife.

It was very progressive in the sense that it treated its LGBT characters as humans with flaws, unlike the 'gay' sitcoms at the time which mostly played to stereotypes.
>>
Holy shit, that's Jonathan McIntosh's YT account
>>
>>62890365
What's more painful? Chandler as a homosexual, or Ross as some sort of urban alpha?
>>
when did america turn into such pansies?
>>
Very little of that could possibly be construed as offensive.
>>
>>62890365
that's a long video
>>
>>62890365
This is a show for women.
>>
>>62893448
For you
>>
>>62890365
As a gay person I can safely say the majority of gay people find gay jokes fucking hilarious, anyway. And they make the best ones.

It's people who are overly sensitive in general/people who think gay jokes will always offend gay people who get butthurt about it. Just like ... with everything else ...
>>
>>62890365
>people judging shows out of the context of the time they aired in, and Friends was a very progressive show re: LGBT in the 90s

why does this happen
>>
Americans are such faggots now, jesus. How the fuck did this happen so quickly?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1uE5F9EnUA

another shorter gem from the same channel
>>
>>62893915
I want to believe this.
>>
File: the-adam-and-joe-show_625x352.jpg (47 KB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
the-adam-and-joe-show_625x352.jpg
47 KB, 625x352
Who else gets 90s nostalgia from the girly pre-Friends advert sent up by A&J at the beginning of this parody?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRb92CDLlq0
>>
>>62890714
Am I the only one who thought the Carol character was kind of a bitch?
>>
>>62890365

The worst part about Friends is that all the characters, except maybe Chandler who felt the most realistic out of all of them, are too fairy tale esque and nothing truly bad happens to them.
>>
>>62894086
social media, cultural marxists not holding back in universities, politicians encouraging identity politics so they can find idiots to get votes from, jewish television, etc.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.