[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Ring Ending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: ue_noah_face1.jpg (22 KB, 640x382) Image search: [Google]
ue_noah_face1.jpg
22 KB, 640x382
Im confused as to why the movie ended the way it did. How come samara continued to kill people through the tape? Why was the blonde chick spared and the male protagonist killed? Pls help me understand this anons. Jus t watched this movie and it made me change my underwear a couple of times.
>>
She made a copy of the tape after he was killed iirc

Yea it was pretty spoopy, don't care what anybody says
>>
>>62878203
1. A lady posting! Tis such a wonderful sight to beholden on these fair four chans!
2. The lady was spared because A. She freed Samara like the dumb bitch she was B. She stayed alive because she made another copy of the tape
>>
>>62878274
1. I aint no femanon
2. what does making a copy have to do with staying alive?
>>
>>62878300

Making a copy basically undid the 7 day curse. Movie didn't explain why too well

But if anyone watched the tape they still get fugged:DDDD
>>
>>62878300
>a man wet his boxers in fear while watching the Ring.
I would explain more but I don't want to catch the gay.
>>
I've been meaning to rewatch this for ages
>>
>>62878347
>takes a figure a of speech as literal speech

this new
>>
>>62878347

You can't deny that the moment she comes out of the TV isn't one of the most tense moment in horror.

If you think you can, I would sincerely like to hear what you think surpasses it by a large margin.
>>
>>62878406

Hallway scene in Kairo.
>>
the original movie explained that copying the tape reset the curse
>>
>>62878432
ayy anon sure knows how to pull a leg
>>
>>62878432

I'll give you that one

I still think it would rank pretty high
>>
>>62878448
reset it in what way?
>>
>>62878203
>that face when you finally nut after edging for 2 hours
>>
Watch the last scene the Ring 2 where Samara and Naomi Watts are trying to crawl out of the well, it's proper laugh out loud comedy gold.
>>
Horror movies are a lot scarier when they're chock full of dread and rely on your imagination running wild.

We Are Still Here did this well in its first act; Rosemary's Baby does this well throughout. Other than that, I've never been genuinely spooked by a scary movie.

The Ring sucked.
>>
>Hollywood Ring

Not even once. Literally just a scene-by-scene recreation of the Japanese film but worse.
>>
The Mummy had better CGI. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>62878203
This scene creeped me the fuck out when I was a kid, I would never see the aftermath of what happens to the people though.
>>
>>62878203
>GABAGOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL
What does he mean by this?
>>
>>62878586

I took it as the curse was "Passed" onto someone else through the copy.
>>
>>62879268

Verbinski trimmed the fat and took out the psychic bullshit.

Also the atmosphere is completely different.
>>
>>62878406
it was kinda spoopy when seeing it for the first time, but it got corny pretty quickly. there are dozens of scenes in other movies that inspire more dread and horror

28 days later when they change the tire in the underground

28 days later again when jim and selena go up the many stairs to frank and hannah

[REC] last 15 mins, + other scenes in that movie that are better thant samara coming thru tv

alien

jurassic park

jaws

hause on haunted hill

shutter original

seriously, shutter SHITS on the ring!!

could go on further
>>
I watched this as a teenager and was absolutely terrified. I wonder if I'd be braver and less scared if I watched it now. I could do this just for scientific purposes to find out how much of a pussy I am.
>>
>>62881476
I know it hasn't been said in a while... but legit almost cut myself on those edges m8e
>>
>>62879600
>SAMARA WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT THE DOOOOOOOOOOOR
>>
>>62881617
i dont even know what that means
>>
>>62879251
The Mothman Prophecies is good at this too
>>
File: 1250828743361.jpg (138 KB, 375x335) Image search: [Google]
1250828743361.jpg
138 KB, 375x335
>>62878203
So the ghost put him back in the chair?
>>
>>62879251

>We Are Still Here

This is exactly the movie I wanted from House Of The Devil.

If you're going to spend the first two acts of your movie doing almost nothing, your payoff either better be emotionally resonant or cinematic and insane. WASH was a 10/10 on the 2nd front.
>>
>>62881182

This. It's not just making a copy. It's showing it to someone else. Sadako wants the curse to spread. Read the fucking book. Read the sequel, Spiral, as well. Just neger EVER read Loop. If you have any lobe for the Ring series pretend Loop doesn't fucking exist.
>>
File: 1446345133820.png (108 KB, 526x437) Image search: [Google]
1446345133820.png
108 KB, 526x437
>>62881476
>jurassic park
>jaws
>>
>>62881899
>watch jaws when 10 years old
>still some kind of underlying fear when surfing 15 years later

Jaws is tense as fuck.
>>
>>62881747
What's wrong with loop?
>>
>>62882119
This, that shit fucking stays with you. A lot of kids got scared of even getting in the bath after watching Jaws.
>>
>>62881747
Shw doesn't want the curse to spread you dumb fuck. She wants more people to know what they did to her.
>>
the american version differs from the japanese version ringu

at the end of the american version she has to do the chain letter thing to avoid being killed. the whole plot literally just turns into a chain letter but with vhs. make copies and distribute and you dont die
>>
>>62882323
What did they do to her? It's been so long that I've forgotten.

>>62882343
What happens in the gook version then?
>>
>>62882504
Her fat father put her in some mental asylum and never visited her and probably raped her too.
>>
>>62878300
>>62878334
The fuck are you faggots talking about. I haven't seen the American remake in a while but I'm bretty sure the ending is identical to the original Japanese movie. The reason Sadako spared the girl was because she showed the tape to the guy. Throughout the movie they're under the impression that if they discover Sadako's corpse than it'll break the curse. It's just a red herring and it turns out to save yourself you have to show the videotape to someone else, thus passing on the curse to that person.
>>
>>62882119
>>62882269
How? Genuine question, are you guys over 30 years old? I'm 21 and literally no one I know finds or found jaws scary that Ive asked.
>>
>>62884008
Not them and not sure if Jaws had anything to do with it, but I'm silly scared of oceans. Jaws in itself is not a particularly scary movie but it instilled a culture of fear towards sharks. Since then there's been a buttload of information how sharks aren't nearly as dangerous as they've been imagined before.

And maybe your plebby generation can't understand because the effects nowadays seem more silly than scary, and there's Sharknado and Megalodon movies that makes the whole thing even more ridiculous.
>>
>>62882323

>she

>>62882258

What's wrong with Loop? It was all The Matrix. I wish I was making that up but I'm not. Everything that happened in Ring and Spiral was all a computer simulation. Oh, and Ryuji was able to decode something in the tapes and call out of the simulation into the real world. That was the phone call he made at the end of Ring. They end up putting his consciousness into someone so he can live in the real world. And that's how the Ring trilogy ends.
>>
I remember being terrified of this film as a teenager. I recently re-watched it and it's laughably bad in places. Not even the slightest bit scary. Not sure how to explain it but it's "aura"/reputation wasn't on my mind and I just watched every scene and even the ending was shit.

But yeah, I don't think what the blonde chick did affected anything. If you copy the tape and make someone watch it (like spreading the disease) you are spared.
>>
File: more silly than scary.gif (834 KB, 479x253) Image search: [Google]
more silly than scary.gif
834 KB, 479x253
>>62884111
Yeah I was going to say that maybe its something to do with growing up in a culture where you couldnt just google what sharks are really like and so people actually believed jaws was an accurate representation of sharks.

>And maybe your plebby generation can't understand because the effects nowadays seem more silly than scary
This turned your post from relevant to literally retarded
>>
>you will never see a close movie adaptation of the Ringu novels

They turned them into fucking ghost stories? What the fuck?
>>
>>62882323
The other interpretation being that after it all she's just fucking evil at this point and irredeemable. Not sure if either of those is canon tho
>>
>this movie will inevitably be remade yet again, but this time instead of a VHS tape, it'll be a dvd

How many versions of The Ring are there? like 4?
Also BBC radio did a version with 3D Sound. Haven't really listened to it, only skipped around, but it seems neat.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p035kml2
>>
>>62878432
LOL
>>
>>62884579
The Jap tv movie was better than the theatrical one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring:_Kanzenban

Btw, there's also a tv series. It's pretty decent.
>>
>>62884579
When it comes to movies there's only like two different series, the American one and Japanese one.
American series: The Ring, The Ring Two and Rings (third one is being released next year)
Japanese series: Ringu, The Ring: Rasen, The Ring 2, The Ring 0, Sadako 3D, Sadako 3D2

Rasen was a sequel to the original that followed the novel to a fucking T. It was batshit insane and literally ended with Sadako taking over the fucking planet and enslaving humanity, no joke. Then they made The Ring 2 which ignored Rasen and continued the series in a more generic typical horror formula. Just checked Wikipedia and apparently there was a TV series and there was even a direct-to-video movie of The Ring before the more popular Ringu that most of us have seen.
>>
>>62884496
The effects used in Jaws nowadays look more silly than scary, sillybuns.
>>
>>62884743
Yeah but how does that make this generation plebby? Wouldnt it be less plebby because it can spot a real shark from what could be mistaken for a slightly above average sized dragon dildo?
>>
Was the movie Grudge (and I guess the Japanese originals it was based on) in the same universe as The Ring? I always remember it being marketed as a sort of spin-off or something like that.
>>
I really liked the fuzzy screen ending thing. I was watching this alone and in the dark on a huge TV so it was very effective.
>>
>>62884826
No. It's just the same sub-genre of horror, but not the same universe.

I think The Grudge is scarier than The Ring. The story is better too. The american remake of The Grudge is one of the few times that a remake is better than the original. Except for the no-jaw girl reveal. It was better in the tv movie, even if the effect wasn't really good. The way she was walking when she entered the house was freaky.
>>
File: 5 (1).jpg (709 KB, 1422x2170) Image search: [Google]
5 (1).jpg
709 KB, 1422x2170
>>62882597
What was Sadako/Samara and why did she had all those spoopy ghost powers though?

I never quite get that.
>>
>>62878203
WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FAAAACE
>>
File: ngbbs3e6c21eaa8058.jpg (7 KB, 240x292) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs3e6c21eaa8058.jpg
7 KB, 240x292
>>62885511
DONT YU THINK AM PRETTY?
>>
>>62878203

>when you nut but she still going
>>
>>62885554

>when the drugs kick in all at once
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.