[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long until they ban Hollywood films from China?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: Capture.png (219 KB, 518x493) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
219 KB, 518x493
How long until they ban Hollywood films from China?
>>
hope they do soon desu senpai
>>
Sounds like China needs some freedom.
I wonder if they're hiding some alien tech or some shit slowly biding their time to conquer the world.
>>
They deserve it for making Transformers 4 a success, fucking gooks.
>>
They already have a capped quota for Hollywood films that's set to expire in 2017. There's a very real chance they'll end up renewing it though.

With this new wave of Chinese co-financed Hollywood films they wont be banning Hollywood shit.
>>
>>62820902
This anon's right. The Chinese market props up shitty blockbusters. We need to start excluding people for the sake of art.
>>
Good riddance, perhaps now we can stop all the obvious pandering to the Chinese in movies...
>>
The jews will find a way.
>>
>>62820878
they don't have any worthwhile natural resources and they are crowded

they're not going to get any Freedomâ„¢
>>
>>62820848
>there are idiots who want the Chinese to rule the world
>>
>>62820848
I like to imagine chinese hipsters hate their country's cinema and television and lust after torrents of Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
>>
Even with all these retarded SJWs and political correctness the Western world is still the best place to live in.
>>
>>62821045
>>62821045

This, fucking seriously. I'm sick of mindless action blockbusters and shitty movies that should have bankrupted a studio making a profit because of the "international box-office"
>>
File: 1430896022014.jpg (1007 KB, 1484x2158) Image search: [Google]
1430896022014.jpg
1007 KB, 1484x2158
Never as long as they keep bribing people.
>>
From one hand it's good because the chinks have absurdly awful taste in movies, so if the hollywood stops pandering to them there might be a marginal improvement in quality.
On the other hand they hate gays, blacks and feminist shit in general, so without them the hollywood might go full on retarded SJW.
>>
>>62821262
>Hollywood
>for people with taste
>ever
Your pleb is showing.
>>
>>62821299
But that's all anyone ever talks about on here
>>
File: 1235976771644.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1235976771644.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
>>62821229
Their success is still overwhelming due to the domestic box office.

Basically if it bombs here, international performance rarely makes up the difference.

It's certainly not enough for studios to bet the bank. Movies like Transformers 4 did well because most Americans wanted to see Marky Mark say "I TINK WE FOUNDS A TRANSFOAM AH!"
>>
>>62820848
Did Chinese people even watch American shows much? What do they think of all of this
>>
>>62820878
We got the alien tech though. We just got lucky I guess.
>>
>>62820848
They are going to be the reason why we will get 3 more nigger star wars,
Screencap this.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 720x439
>>62821042
>>
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 488x516) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 488x516
>>62821469
It's not like they have any rights anyway so their feelings are irrelevant.

Man I hate the Chinese government. It's also part of their "all work,no play" culture.

One of my Chinese buddies couldn't leave his house on weekdays and his parents would change the wifi password on the weekdays just so couldn't go online and accidentally entertain himself. They just made him read multiple books a week. School was like the only place he wasn't pressured to work too hard in. He still got straight As otherwise his parents would ground him harshly. But now he got a job and dropped out of college but his parents disowned him so he's on his own financially. And they're pretty rich too.

But now I just show him all the movies he's missed that last couple of years of not being allowed to watch tv or go to the movies.
>>
>>62821768
Does he like them? I thought Asians had weird taste
>>
>>62820848
Not for a long time, Chinese cinema has alot to learn still and it shows. The people expect to see Western gwailo cinema in moderate doses. Now for tv theyre completely fine with Chinese communists fight the jap devil #13224.
>>
>>62821566
But movies with black leads never do well overseas. Even the Sony hack they mentioned that
>>
>>62821804
Well he has just awful taste but I try to manage.

Hated:
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
Daredevil

Loves:
Agents of Sheild
LOST
Family Guy

It's pretty bad. I assume most of China hates narrative because they don't understand English natively so they just want cheep entertainment. I think they also have a hard time connecting with characters and empathizing with someone like Rick from TWD because they don't take storytelling as seriously as we do. To him GoT and BrBad is just overproduced shlock because he doesn't really pay attention to what's going on he just wants simple stuff like Agents of Sheild. it's really hard to get used to.
>>
File: 1412106955344.jpg (71 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1412106955344.jpg
71 KB, 300x300
>>62821994
>Hated:
>Breaking Bad
>The Walking Dead
>Game of Thrones
>Daredevil
>Loves:
>Agents of Sheild
>LOST
>Family Guy
>>
>>62821860
I just saw this yesterday and kek'd pretty hard. It's funny to watch the PLA think they're relevant, plus the amount of morale patches is sickening...

Am I wrong to think that it was aimed towards a western audience?
>>
>>62822040
Of course I forgot the picture...

It's called Wolf Warrior, catch it on Netflix
>>
>>62821994
But LOST is one of the most all over the place story driven pretentious shows there is
>>
>>62822036
Again they just don't seem to take any form of media seriously. He's the same with music. If he ever met someone from /mu/ I think that guy would legit strangle him because of his music taste. The only thing I've seen him care about is the Naruto manga. It's really bad but the real reason we're friends is because we play basketball a lot so that how i deal with it.

I'm really happy I'm not like him. I don't where I would be if I didn't take film as nothing more than background noise for browsing Facebook.
>>
>>62822090
Again it's just background noise to him. Lol I bet he'll love the ending too.
>>
>>62821994
asians in general its style >>> substance
>>
>>62820848
I wish I was Rich so I can live like a elite in China. Fucking royalty
>>
The only reason they're banning it is cause of access to CNN and other gwailo news stations.
>>
File: 07activision-web1-superJumbo.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
07activision-web1-superJumbo.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>62821053
lmoa this
>>
Ban films? Shit. They keep funding more and more of them. Meanwhile I guess tv is too wild and has too much content to doctor or censor. They might even bring some over to China. They just don't want them browsing everything out there.

Hell. A friend of mine is teaching over there and alrrady before this getting proxies to watch US shows was a pain.
>>
>>62822237
My friend says westerns can make dman good money over there. You just have to be up for living in China for a couple years. Maybe if it was Japan I would, but their economy is in the shitter right now.
>>
I bet half of the businessmen over there will eventually buy out Hollywood like they have in real estate, big pharma and electronics.
>>
>>62822064
does he die? he dies in everything else. granted hes usually a baddie. Bonus points for his fight against Sammo Hung, that was awesome even if he did die
>>
>>62822759
So.. can we expect lead and carcinogens in our ticket stubs and popcorn tubs?
>>
>>62821768
A friend was saying how the Chinese tv they do watch is boooooring pro-China historical soaps and shit like that. We really don't have anything to compare being a young country. Maybe revolutionary war docudramas or plays about Rome?

Hell. Even shitty American reality shows would be a change from that.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.