[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: critical thinking.jpg (44 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
critical thinking.jpg
44 KB, 736x414
What did he mean by this?
>>
I just realized how much I loved this show on Season 1. Should propably watch it again.
>>
>>62818525
It meant he was an edgy athiest faggot but thankfully he found God in the end.
>>
>>62818600
Fuck off memester, Rust had a reason for his edgyness and he actually knew his shit
>>
>>62818525
Makes sense, religion trains you to recite meaningless words and phrases and to instinctively praise others who do so. It also trains you to attribute random events to the designed will of God and to reflexively discount or ignore evidence against its given premises

Look up the symptoms of brainwashing and tell me it doesn't sound like the devoutly religious
>>
>>62818704
Doesn't matter how edgy you are.

You don't outwardly insult people desperately optimistic for some form answer to their own meaning, especially when you yourself are an absolutely fucking spiritual trainwreck.
>>
File: 1443538484227.jpg (27 KB, 367x276) Image search: [Google]
1443538484227.jpg
27 KB, 367x276
>>62819825
They gotta get together and tell each other stories that violate every law of the universe just to get through the goddamned day? What's that say about their reality?
>>
>>62818704
>Rust had a reason for his edgyness
No m8.

At least he ended the season as a happy God-fearing Christian though. One of the best character changes I've ever witnissed.
>>
>>62819881
Again.

Pot.
Kettle.
Black.

Fucking beer cans in a detective interrogation room.
>>
File: 600px-TrueDet-S01E05-6.jpg (41 KB, 350x336) Image search: [Google]
600px-TrueDet-S01E05-6.jpg
41 KB, 350x336
>>62819949
It was Thursday and past noon.

On Thursdays he starts drinking at noon.

You don't get to interrupt that.
>>
>>62820074
No wonder only edgy children liked this show.
>>
>>62819825

His thinking was that if they were all the same spiritual trainwreck he is maybe they'd finally all walk hand-in-hand to extinction like he wants.

>>62820074

So I watched this for the first time about a month ago, and the lead up to Ledoux was pretty righteous. Good stuff. What the fuck was Rust doing though when he walked back outside with an AK with a drum magazine?
>>
>>62820091
Yep, every single person that enjoyed season 1 of true detective is 13-20 yrs old and wears a black trench coat and fedora, and owns a katana with steel folded over 1000 times
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.