[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TV Tropes that you hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: tvtropes-pix-1.png?w=1200.png (80 KB, 1200x404) Image search: [Google]
tvtropes-pix-1.png?w=1200.png
80 KB, 1200x404
Are there some tropes that make you immediately lose interest? Mine are

>alternate universe/history
>time travel (12 Monkeys and Looper were some exceptions though)
>shapeshifter enemy
>mind control
>vampires/werewolves/zombies

needless to say Star Trek was tough
>>
Dystopian future
Human female that is inexplicably physically superior to men
Will Smith
Robots
Secret world that is unknown to most people (like Harry Potter)
Die Hard like story (Olympus has fallen, etc)
>>
>>62816735

>Black Male - White Female pairing

immediately dropped
>>
>>62816923
>Dystopian future
not even The Road?
>>
File: 1420763010493.jpg (590 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1420763010493.jpg
590 KB, 1000x750
This wikipedia article was obviously written by libturd tvtropers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_featuring_whitewashed_roles

If you take a look at the tropertard forum you see nothing but inane leftist fucks aswell
>>
>>62817049
That's more apocalyptic than dystopian. I mean all the movies with totalitarian governments that are always Nazi-like
>>
File: shia.jpg (62 KB, 750x736) Image search: [Google]
shia.jpg
62 KB, 750x736
Literally who is the autist on tvtropes who keeps putting in Pinball as a category of media?
>>
>>62816735
is seth rogan a trope
>>
>>62817168
I'll allow "dude weed lmao" as a trope
>>
>>62817069
Where is the wikipedia article about Blacked roles?
Oh, it's called "color-blind casting"

So if a White person is cast in a "Black" role it is malicious White people whitewashing the role, but if a Black person is cast in a "White" role it is because the film maker did not consider ethnicity?

Day of the rope when?
>>
>"You're a wizard Harry"
Stfu no one is, quit
>>
>>62817018
won't even watch if i know ahead of time.
>>
>>62817018
honestly you have bad taste
>>
I like alternate history genre, but whenever they make a movie or TV show in it it's invariably "what if Nazis".
>>
File: 1446952671720.png (149 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1446952671720.png
149 KB, 499x499
>>62817373
>>
>Everything is possible if you try enough!

d
r
o
p
p
e
d
>>
>OP makes candy-ass gay thread for fags

Into the trash.
>>
File: 1439084970019.png (20 KB, 638x778) Image search: [Google]
1439084970019.png
20 KB, 638x778
>>62816735
>mfw my teacher was talking about a famous film in class, and then an autist raises his hand, gets called on, and then proceeds to rant about something tvtropes said about the film as if the teacher knows what tvtropes is or cares
>>
File: 1447779767140.jpg (285 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1447779767140.jpg
285 KB, 720x960
Anything involving romantic drama. It always comes across as forced and just makes me hate the characters. Recent example would be The Flash. The actual main storyline was comfy but every time it focused on romance the show would take a huge nosedive.
>>
>Series gets retconned so that all the events of the previous entries were actually just part of an elaborate scheme by the master villain in the current entry.
>>
>>62817774
This. I hate when every movies main characters have to hook up.

Also when bad guys die just because there has to be a "happy" ending (Collateral, Heat etc.)
>>
Mind control is my least favorite.

Say there's a teaser or a comic book cover that shows a heroic character acting like a heel. 99.9% of the time it's mind control. Lazy and stupid.
>>
>angsty but witty protagonist manages to solve every problem on their own

>misunderstood loser with no friends is played by a 9/10 attractive person or A list celebrity
>>
>naturist happy cult
>the leader is evil and plans to kill everyone
>>
>>62817069
>Director Ridley Scott said about his casting, "I can’t mount a film of this budget, where I have to rely on tax rebates in Spain, and say that my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such. I'm just not going to get it financed. So the question doesn’t even come up."

Based Ridley Scott BTFOing libtards
>>
Wilhelm scream

The interracial relationships are exclusively Bm/Ww instead of the literal myriad of other pairings
>>
File: nwa_straight_outta_cover1.jpg (129 KB, 685x685) Image search: [Google]
nwa_straight_outta_cover1.jpg
129 KB, 685x685
>>62817018
You mean Where Da White Woman At?
I hate it too.
>>
Super beta protagonist gets 9/10 girl

Cop who breaks the rules (people right to privacy/ the Constitution) in order to "get his man" just because of a gut feeling

Characters with no weapon experience being expert marksmen (Walking Dead)

Unlimited ammo until it is dramatic to be low on ammo (fucking Walking Dead)
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.