[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Futurama have a golden age like the Simpsons? Thinking of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Futurama.jpg (61 KB, 530x543) Image search: [Google]
Futurama.jpg
61 KB, 530x543
Did Futurama have a golden age like the Simpsons? Thinking of making it my next background noise/netflix show
>>
>>62815459
one of my friends has seen it all the way through about 6 or more times. It's always his netflix background show.

It's good, but I prefer simpsons
>>
Futurama Classic [1999-2003]
Futurama (CC) [2010-2013]
>>
It's always been been a roller coaster. Some episodes are great, some are shit, some are watchable but nothing special. Since it came out it has cycled through the 3
>>
All the pre-cancellation episodes are god tier. Some of the ones afterwards are okay.
>>
1-4
>>
the handful of feels episodes are p great
>>
>>62815459
Seasons 1 to 4 are mostly great with a handful of mediocre episodes. Everything after that is wildly inconsistent.
>>
>>62816601
this desu
>>
It was great until it was cancelled. Comedy Central episodes can range from almost-as-great to god awful. Expect to see a lot of references to 2010 era pop culture if you watch those (ex. Leela gets a sentient boil named Susan).
>>
>>62817170
I'm not a great fan of pop culture jokes although i'm watching season 2 right now and there was a Good Will Hunting jokes
>>
you can watch all of futurama pretty safely even if the newer seasons are up and down

its not like simpsons where you just stop eventually
>>
>>62817170
>Expect to see a lot of references to 2010 era pop culture

To be honest, the original run had a lot of that kind of stuff as well. There were whole episodes based on movies like Titanic and Armageddon, prominent cameos from contemporary celebrities like Beck, The Beastie Boys and Lucy Liu (who appeared in an episode all about Nappster, no less) and lots of other references to 00s things like Amazon, ebay, Iron Chef, Al Gore etc.
>>
the first 4 seasons are great. the first 3 episodes are the best in the whole series, imo.
>>
overrated as fuck desu famo
>>
>>62815459
Yeah, it's called season 1-5. 6 is acceptable though mainly because those movies were fun.
>>
I can't get into Futurama for some reason, I think it has good bits but I never laugh and I hate all the characters
>>
>>62815459
My little brother and I used to watch this show together before he died
>>
>>62819465
That's the thing about Futurama, though. If you aren't laughing you are at least entertained by the plot. Maybe that's just me.
>>
It's original run was like, really, really good. Even the first season was great and it really played with the world throughout.

The 4 movies were a bit of a stretch. They were pretty good, but Futurama really benefits from short 30 minute premises rather than movie long ones. The D&D one was my favorite, probably because i play D&D.

Comedy Central ones were pure ass, only watched them once, so i can't really put my finger on it, but i found them barely watchable, with some being downright unwatchable.

So yeah, 1-4 was the golden age, Movies were the decline but still good, Comedy Central was shit.
>>
>>62815459
>Thinking of making it my next background noise/netflix show
I thought I was the only one, but I think Futurama isnt the best for background since their jokes are great but require a moment to miss it if you're trying to be productive, at least that's how I see it. But I totally agree with the concensus of the later seasons being more hit and miss.
Some of my background shows include always sunny in Philadelphia, and bob's burgers
> judge me!
>>
>>62815459
First five seasons are pretty good with a few bad episodes, it has some great feelsy ones like Jurassic Bark or Luck of the Fryrish. The post cancellation ones range from just as good to pure sjw tumblr cancer, hell they had a whole episode in tribute to Obama for fuck's sake.
>>
>>62819763
I throw on Family Guy when I want to take a nap. I try to stick to the first five seasons because I've seen them so much over the years. Falling asleep to that show on adult swim forever has made it perfect for this.
>>
American Dad is good tv to watch and background noise. same with family guy.
Futurama is a smart show. i found myself trying to have it on as background noise but get distracted when I hear some very key dialog
>>
>>62819763
I've already gone through philly at least twice and i watched bob's recently so i'm with you bud
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.