[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, like, do people recognize this is probably the best dark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: observe and report.jpg (168 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
observe and report.jpg
168 KB, 550x367
So, like, do people recognize this is probably the best dark comedy of the last decade?
>>
>>62812950

there's also Super.

you're welcome
>>
Super is way better stupid idiot
>>
>>62812983
I really liked Super.
No one else did though
>>
File: capeshit.jpg (69 KB, 484x725) Image search: [Google]
capeshit.jpg
69 KB, 484x725
>>62812983
>>62813043
>>
>>62812950
Nope

it came out after Paul Blart
>>
>>62812950

I'm still pissed that they advertised this as a wacky, zany comedy. I love this movie, but what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>62813079
I don't get it?
>>
>>62813109
I didn't get it the first time I watched it, should I watch it again?
>>
>>62813109
Some friends dragged me to see it and I did think it was going to be the usual Rogen schtick. Hilariously enough, I walked out of it thinking it was great and they thought it sucked.
>>
>>62813109

if you get it , you get it. If you dont well, then.. you wrong
>>
great soundtrack, I liked everything Jody Hill put out so far
>>
Amazing film.
>>
>>62813181

It's basically Taxi Driver in a mall. There's laughs, but it's more about this lonely guy's sad, fucked up life.
>>
So wait this movie was depressing as fuck or something?
>>
>>62812950
It shows just how fascist Americans are. I love it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3W0AnCAZsg
>>
>>62813616

It's dark but not depressing. It's about a sociopath with delusions of grandeur who abuses the shit out of his tiny sliver of authority.
>>
>>62812983
>>62812950
These are both good but Four Lions is better than either of them.
>>
>>62812950
Never bothered watching this movie but the reason it was seen as shit is because they advertised it as a DUDE WEED LMAO movie
>>
File: meme.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
meme.gif
2 MB, 500x282
>>62812950
observe and report
>>
>>62814078

Which is funny, because it's practically the opposite. He even rapes Anna Faris at one point.
>>
>>62814413
he didnt rape her she asked him to keep going when he tried to stop
>>
>>62814469

After he got her drunk. If for any reason she went to a lawyer, his ass would get locked up.
>>
>>62813079
Sleep well puppers
>>
>>62812950

I remember being very surprised that I really enjoyed it. Then I realized people were just hating on it because blart came out around the same time.

This was genuinely funny. Even down to that shitty sweater he wears when he's trying to bang what's her face.
>>
Why does Paul Blart get a sequel yet this amazing movie doesn't?
>>
>>62815991
Maybe because Paul Blart is the most amazing movie ever to be pulled out of Adam Sandlers ass since Billy Madison.
>>
>>62815991

Because Paul Blart made way more money and was kid-friendly.
>>
>>62815991
not all movies need a sequel
>>
>>62813109
They were probably cutting the trailer together, and looking at what the movie was, and the roles Seth Rogen was known for at the time, and it makes sense.

I mean, its fucking retarded, but I get why they cut the trailer the way they did.
>>
>>62814541
He's borderline retarded in his defense
>>
I thought this movie was incredibly dark while I was expecting an goofy comedy. I said this to the people I watched it with and no one else felt the same way.

Rogen's character is completely out of touch with reality, in a really sad way, honestly. His whole life is a wreck but he doesn't see it, or chooses to live a fantasy world.
>>
>>62812950
Seths character would have never of been hired as a security guard. Even the worst Security companies make all applicants take a psych evaluation questionare before they fill out the application.

They wont even give them an application if they don't pass.
>>
>>62814541
Honestly, if you want to go by standards of competency, she's still sane. A piece of trash, but sane.

He's a poorly medicated ... well, whatever he is, he is absolutely committable. Not really capable of consent.
>>
I do it, so other people can sleep well at night, meanwhile, I'm up all night fighting demons, just screaming bloody murder, waking up with nosebleeds, night terrors, finding myself a mile from home with bloody feet and a gun in my hand I have no idea how I got there, but pound for pound, I'd say there's not one human being in this mall that deserves this coffee as much as myself.
>>
>>62817865
Uh, no they don't. Certain positions require a background check and drug test, but there's no sort of psych evaluation.

Source: I work for a shit security company.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.