[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Show on TV right now: Fargo vs. The Leftovers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: best show.png (2 MB, 1258x914) Image search: [Google]
best show.png
2 MB, 1258x914
People who watch Fargo say it's the best show on TV right now.
People who watch The Leftovers say it's the best show on TV right now.

But what do people who watch both say?

Also feel free to mention any other currently-airing show that you think is better than either of these (like, I know the Knick is pretty good, but I'm not caught up)
>>
Never seen the leftovers but it can't be worse than Coen fan fiction: meme edition.
>>
>>62812187
Have you watched any of Season 2 of Fargo? That's what I was referring to when I said best show on TV "right now."
>>
The Leftovers is silly and overbearing. Though, there are moments where it works. Fargo is entertaining and consistent.
>>
>>62812153

It's a tough choice, they're both amazing shows.

The Leftovers > Fargo >>> The Affair >> Ash vs. Evil Dead >>>>>>>>>> The Walking Dead > American Horror Story
>>
>>62812681
>Ash vs. Evil Dead
Is this like Army Of Darkness or Evil Dead? I like the first 2 movies but I'd literally kill every single person on the planet who liked AoD. I've beat the shit out of people for quoting that dogshit meme flick before and I'd do it again. I shake with rage just thinking about it.
>>
The Leftovers jumped about 12 sharks this season. Its garbage.
>>
thought this season of Leftovers is pure garbage
dont understand why so many seem to like it.
>>
Both shows are amazing. But I like them for different reasons. Every Sunday night watching The Leftovers is like an experience to see how these people's lives unfold, and then I wait till next week, no biggie. Every Monday is a treat watching Fargo s2 with my brother, I'm laughing my ass off while at the same time hanging on the edge of my seat and when the episode is over I can't wait for next week.
>>
>>62812756

I'd say somewhere between Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness leaning more towards Army of Darkness.
>>
>>62812756
It's like evil dead, but you're a pile of shit if you can't enjoy army of darkness
>>
>>62812853
It's one of my hated films of all time. It's literally impossible for me to have empathy for someone who supports it.

You know how the meme crowd feel about Spider-Man 3? AoD is like that times 1000.
>>
>>62812769
thanks, i knew it couldn't be as good as everyone here said it was

i knew it was bullshit

thanks random anon
>>
>>62812946
Yeah but spiderman 1 and two were good movies.
Evil dead was always about cheesiness.
>>
>>62813001
No surprise to me that the Army Of Darkness apologist isn't able to appreciate why the first two movies are masterpieces.
>>
>>62812153
I think the second seasons of both are improvements over the first but Fargo is not just more consistent but gets better with each week.

When The Leftovers is exploring grief and occultism it's brilliant - see Erika and Nora squaring off with each other over the survey or Laurie and Tom infiltrating the cult, but I think this stuff with Kevin might cause the supernatural parts to finally come flying off the rails.

I stand by the second season being better though; much richer setting, better ensemble with the black family, more screen-time for Matt and Nora, better acting, less GR, less edgy teens, less Kevin as a focal point (well, for now). S1 had around 3 truly excellent episodes and the rest was variable
>>
Only complete normies think Leftovers is good.
>>
>>62812153
The Leftovers has no appeal. They take an almost interesting premise and run it into the ground whenever they try to be more than just a family drama, which it also fails at.

The Knick is better than both shows anyway.
>>
I watch both and neither of them are better than The Knick
>>
File: 1438535042062.jpg (682 KB, 1946x1146) Image search: [Google]
1438535042062.jpg
682 KB, 1946x1146
>>62812756
>he doesn't like AoD
>he doesn't like fun
>>
>>62813338
>The Knick
You know I like meme cinematography and meme electronica as much as anybody else, but I can't abide being told to prep the bull in every episode.
>>
>>62812948
>everyone else says its good so it must be good
>why would i even bother trying to form my own opinions

The only reason anyone here thinks it's good is because it hasn't hit the mainstream. It's not a popular show right now, its a niche. Once more people start to take notice, /tv/ will turn on it, like they do with everything.
>>
Vikings
>>
>>62812153
I watch both and love both. It's a tough call but If I had to chose I'd take the leftovers.
>>
>>62812153
>Fargo
comfy, bit silly, but in a good way
>Leftovers
mysterious, great drama

both are great, but if i had to choose, then it's Leftovers
>>
>>62813383
"Fun" is /v/eddit. "Fun" is meme. "Fun" is fedora.
>>
>>62812153
I haven't seen Fargo, but The Leftovers is one of the best television shows I've ever watched. Season 1 was amazing, season 2 is just as good.

Maybe The Leftovers will turn to shit after a few seasons, but ride now I'm enjoying the ride. It's better than Lost and the mysteries of this show's mysteries are answered as new mysteries arise (except for the big mystery of the show, which either won't have an explanation at all or will in the last season, but it will be in the background of the story with the main characters not really giving a fuck because they're finally over their grief.) Other 'mysteries' aren't really mysteries and are simple metaphors and symbols, which plebs won't enjoy.
>>
>>62813610
fuucc I made a few typos there.
>>
>>62812153
I watch both, it's a ridiculous comparison, they're miles apart in themes, genre, visual style, music, acting. I can't think of any point where they overlap to make a fair comparison really.
>>
>>62813366
>>62813338
I'm only three episodes in with The Knick, so I appreciate that things can soon change, but so far I'm not seeing it as much more than a 'grungy', period House.

Thack aside, the characters just aren't interesting me. Three episodes in, The Leftovers had that fantastic Matt episode and sprinklings of Nora going for it. Fargo had set up a whole range of players by that point, notably Peggy.

I feel like I'm TRYING to like it more than I actually do.
>>
I wanna hear more about The Knick. Is it actually good?
>>
>>62813675
sounds like its not for you
just drop it already
>>
>>62813366
This
The Knick is just so fucking good right now.
>>
>>62812153

They definitely are the two best right now. I'd give the slight edge to whichever one I have watched most recently, which today is Fargo.
>>
>>62812153
>[marketers for] Fargo say it's the best show on TV right now.
>[marketers for] The Leftovers say it's the best show on TV right now.

Fixed.

They're both pretty awful and are only noteworthy because of the "right now" bit.
>>
>>62812215
That description still applies to season 2.
>>
>>62812795
lindelof's style appeals to the young adult demographic.

if you go into any thread "discussing" leftovers, its like a high school lunch table full of girls.
>>
>>62813110
As someone who's just recently watched all three for the first time since he was a dumb kid, they're all pretty terrible.
>>
>>62814114
>its like a high school lunch table full of girls.
I'm sure you were invited to those all the time.
>>
>>62812153
How come The Last Kindom isn't getting any love? This show is far better than vikings but I have yet to see one thread about it.
>>
those shows are great but not the best right now, sorry.
>>
>>62814055
>if you like something you're a marketer
>if you hate something you're a contrarian
>>
>>62814157
One of them formed around me once. It was quite possibly the worst thing I ever experienced. Imagine at the height of your sexual obsession/energy, you learn that girls are all completely retarded AND disgusting.
>>
Watched both since the beginning. They are both "well made" and are pretty much the only shows I watch right now, other than Nathan For You. I think Fargo is awesome and is a great idea for a story with some great characters, but the Leftovers makes me feel things I've never felt before. Like I think I'm going through an existential crisis in my life right now, and I can't tell if it's just a timing coincidence, or if it's due to this show.
>>
What's the bigger sack of shit? You can only choose one.

>fargayyyyyy lmao
>May 1972 issue of National Geographic
>>
i binge watched the leftovers over 3 days and almost couldn't take it near the end of season 1. this show can really transmute a feeling into your life if you've ever experienced any sort of loss.

thank god season 2 feels like a walk in the park compared to the fucked upness of s1.
>>
I watched season 1 of The Leftovers and didn't really get it. Seemed highly mediocre. Like a ripoff of the returned or something.
>>
>>62814055
Say, if I go to a PM firm and just show how I shitpost all day you think I could get a job?
>>
>>62817050
PR firm*
>>
>>62812153
The Leftovers ended. There's nothing more to do with the characters after season 1.
>>
>>62812756
You got reeeal ugly
>>
knick and leftovers
>>
>>62812153
The current season of supernatural is better than this season's Fargo. Even fucking empire is better than the leftovers.

Currently
Supernatural>Empire>Leftovers>Fargo>The Walking Dead>The Flash>The Arrow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Supergirl
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.