[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Jackie Chan movie and why is it Project A?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: project_a_dvd1.jpg (96 KB, 718x1024) Image search: [Google]
project_a_dvd1.jpg
96 KB, 718x1024
What is the best Jackie Chan movie and why is it Project A?
>>
Thats not rob b hood
>>
>>62810232
Legend of Drunken Master and Police Story are tied for best Jackie Chan movies.
>>
because Sammo
>>
I always thought Police Story was the complete package. The comedy actually works instead of being completely cringeworthy like most of these HK action movies, the plot works instead of just being something to serve the next setpiece and the finale in the mall is the greatest action sequence ever.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxD5Z0ClLd8
>>
>>62810232

Wheels on Meals has the best Jackie fight scene.
>>
>>62810481
Too bad you have to sit through the actual movie to get to it at the end.

I always tell people they're better off checking out the scene where Jackie and Yuen Biao kick the guys off of their bikes in the beginning and the fight scene on Youtube. The rest is meh.
>>
>>62810232

My favorite Jackie movies are when he teams up with Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao. Those guys really brought out the best in each other.
>>
>>62810405

When Jackie finally chimps out and kicks the shit out of that shitty smug lawyer while everyone looks on? That's satisfying as hell.
>>
>>62810549

That Spanish chick was hot as hell, though.
>>
File: bitches ain't shit.png (985 KB, 671x1065) Image search: [Google]
bitches ain't shit.png
985 KB, 671x1065
>>62810549

The rest of the movie is great too
>>
>>62810648
Yeah. The whole last 15 minutes of the movie is Jackie just releasing that pent-up frustration on a bunch of scumbags that need an asskicking.
>>
>>62810232
Police Story 1, cant be beaten well maybe Police Story 3
>>
>>62810701

Bros before hoes.
>>
cant we all agree that Jackie Chan>>>>>>>>Bruce Lee?
>>
>best Jackie Chan movie
>no mention of Operation Condor
>no mention of Rumble in the Bronx
>no mention of First Strike

Kill yourselves. Super Cop and Legend of the Drunker Master is up there as well.
>>
>>62811055

This

Also Who Am I
>>
>>62811055
>Operation Condor
Acceptable answer. It's a shame that Armor of God 1 was nerfed due to Jackie suffering that injury that nearly killed him during filming, it's obvious that they slowed things down for him because of that

>Rumble in the Bronx
Nostalgia-goggles tier, if you ask me. If the whole movie focused on Jackie protecting his Uncle's shop against a colorful group of 90's thugs then it could be perfect. But instead they throw in some crime syndicate as well and diamond plot. The ending had to be completely rewritten due to Jackie injuring his foot too.

>First Strike
Only the original HK version and not the hack-job that Miramax released. So much of the movie was cut out, including parts of action scenes.
>>
>>62811055

This was the only reason to watch Operation Condor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxVms0grK54#t=2m05s
>>
Who Am I is dope, the car chase/fight scene is fantastic
>>
>>62811223
>>62811203
Good taste detected.

>>62811223
Although you're absolutely wrong, I did rewind and pause that scene plenty of times on VHS.
>>
>>62811244

The part where he jumps up on that little rock and screams "WHO AM I?!" at thr heavens is pretty funny.
>>
>>62811203
>>Operation Condor
mah niggrar
>>
File: 1436041082236.jpg (7 KB, 156x267) Image search: [Google]
1436041082236.jpg
7 KB, 156x267
>>62810405
>that scene in the police station where he's juggling four phones at once

I know that was lifted from another movie somehow
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.