[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What horror movies has genuinely scared you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: 1447575268134.jpg (35 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
1447575268134.jpg
35 KB, 489x423
What horror movies has genuinely scared you?
>>
>>62809131
Your mom's sex tape
>>
>>62809131
why is pepe scared?
>>
Rosemary's Baby
>>
what scared the most in a long time was the nightmares Louie episode
>>
that fucken emily rose shit
>>
>>62809146
She shouldn't have filmed you without asking, I apologize on her behalf.
>>
>>62809198
Hey man dont worry about it
>>
With Open Gates
>>
File: threads.jpg (558 KB, 1366x1013) Image search: [Google]
threads.jpg
558 KB, 1366x1013
I consider it horror.
It's realistic, it's spooky and I don't want to ever fucking experience it myself.
>>
Blair Witch Project when i believed it was real.
I was 11 or 12 and was scared for nights.
>>
>>62809411
LotR?
>>
I can't be the only one that thought this was pretty spooky

That lady's face
>>
LE BABAPOOP WAS SO SCARY I HAD TO TURN IT OFF XDDDD
>>
>>62809447
The third one.
>>
>>62809160

Mom is bringing up jobs again.
>>
Blair Witch. Everyone still thought it was real bc found footage movies hadn't been invented yet. I saw it at night in the woods at a drive in. Terrifying.

No other movie has ever so much as made me jump.
>>
File: animan.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
animan.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
The room
>>
>>62809160
he fears reddit is shutting down
>>
>>62809180
Say what you will about King c uck, but that episode was phenomenal. I was genuinely freaked out by that shit
>>
Alien Abduction.
>>
>>62809748
This. We read nothing about it at the time and were expecting some cheesy slasher flick. Yikes. Probably the most intense movie viewing I've had. Whenever it turned daylight in the movie, I felt as relieved as the characters did.
>>
The only movies that genuinely scare me are David Lynch movies. Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire both fucked up my head something fierce after watching them.
>>
>>62809748
Everyone still thought it was real bc found footage movies hadn't been invented yet

You're showing just how fucking young you are. Ever heard of a film called Cannibal Holocaust? The director was arrested because the italian police suspected he murdered the cast. That's how fucking real people thought it was.
>>
>>62810028
this tbhqh. it's all in the atmosphere that he sets. it just freaks my bean
>>
File: bonecrusher.jpg (44 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
bonecrusher.jpg
44 KB, 600x398
>>
I saw Kairo (Pulse) last night and I have to say there were some genuinely spoopy scenes. I thought there would be more scares and less of "muh red tape", but it was an all around enjoyable movie. Somewhat depressing too, what with everyone on the planet either killing thselves and disappearing and then turning into ghosts. The first scare is still pretty sweet though.
https://youtu.be/Y0FTKqEnGKI
>>
File: 1408821703165.jpg (221 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1408821703165.jpg
221 KB, 1024x1024
>>62809131

my life
>>
>>62810052
He clearly meant it hadn't been made popular yet, calm down buddy.
And Cannibal Holocaust is nothing but gratuitous gore, just because the public reacted strongly doesn't make it a good movie.
>>
Tdkr desu
>>
Fantastic Planet weirded me out for some reason.

Something about the ayy lmaos was rather unsettling.
>>
>>62810190
Now's not the time for fear, that comes later.
>>
>>62810052
Your average moviegoer in the late 90's had likely never heard of Cannibal Holocaust, nor was it easy to acquire even if you were aware of it.

Also your wikipedia factoids that everyone is already aware of aren't impressing anyone.
>>
Sinister and Conjuring

call me a foggot, but I got seriously spooked
>>
File: robinwalker.jpg (36 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
robinwalker.jpg
36 KB, 620x372
>>62810052
>Calls me young
>Can't greentext
>>
File: carolyn petits tits.jpg (31 KB, 720x537) Image search: [Google]
carolyn petits tits.jpg
31 KB, 720x537
night of the hunter
jacob's ladder
angel heart
the orphanage
julia's eyes
>>
Dark Skies for Big Guys
>>
>>62809180
Yeah that was great. That first scene where the eyeless man runs out of the darkness was terrifying
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.