[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are six more Star Wars movies coming out over the next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 13
File: star whores.png (653 KB, 840x570) Image search: [Google]
star whores.png
653 KB, 840x570
>There are six more Star Wars movies coming out over the next six years, but Disney has no plans to stop there.
>According to a new feature in Wired, Disney and Lucasfilm have decided to put out a new Star Wars movie every year, so long as there's an audience willing to buy tickets. Considering that pre-order tickets for The Force Awakens sold out in minutes, becoming the fastest selling movie of all time, it doesn't look like fan disinterest will be an issue.
>"If the people at the Walt Disney Company, which bought Lucasfilm for $4 billion in 2012, have anything to say about it, the past four decades of Star Wars are merely prologue," Wired writer Adam Rogers wrote. "They are making more. A lot more."
>Rogers added that another way of looking at the volume of Star Wars films the studio is interested in making is by examining age. If, like him, you were "conscious for the first Star Wars film" then chances are you probably won't even be around by the time the last one is released.
>Perhaps even more interesting is that executives at Disney and Lucasfilm aren't just interested in making more sequels, but in branching the franchise out into an "infinite series." Think what the Marvel Cinematic Universe has been able to accomplish over the past seven years.

I didn't think there could be something worse than capeshit.

I was wrong.
>>
JUST MILK ME UP SENPAI
>>
If it's even slightly better than where Lucas left it, god speed Disney.
>>
I've never been a fan of Star Wars and even as a kid I rooted for the Empire. If they have the Rebels and Empire team up to fight a worse evil, even I'd watch that.
>>
You know
This might be pretty cool
If we get talented, dedicated writers, directors and staff who just want to bring us fantastic stories set in the expansive Star Wars universe

But then we'll probably get a bunch of shitty, reference filled cash ins made for a quick buck

What a time to be alive
>>
It is possible for Star Wars to flop.

The 3D re-release of Phantom Menace bombed at the box officd and no further 3D conversions were attempted.

Since Star Wars was on shakey territory already its only going to take one total shit bomb to kill it off.
>>
>as long as it can
Yeah, will love to see how long they can keep this force-feminized sham profitable :^)
>>
File: 1436541759858.jpg (28 KB, 407x387) Image search: [Google]
1436541759858.jpg
28 KB, 407x387
>>62806339
>one more bomb and a MULTI BILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE will be killed off
>>
>>62806124
>slightly better than shit is fine as long as its Star Wars

I've seen a bunch of actually good movies this year that were far more deserving of my money, some of which pretty much went down without trace.
>>
>>62806066

I'm sure people would be upset about Disney turning Star Wars into a slick profit-making machine and milking it for all that it's worth if... A. Lucas hadn't already been doing that and B. Lucas flushed away all of his fan support and loyalty with the prequels

People want some actually decent star wars movies, regardless of who makes them or why.
>>
>>62806229
>fantastic stories set in the expansive Star Wars universe

the setting is actually more limited than capeshit in terms of what kind of story you can tell. people just haven't cottoned on yet.
>>
>largest demographic by far is adult white males
>explicitly say that you're making a movie to attack white males
What is their market strategy again?
>>
>>62806433
Limiting the types of story that can be told with a coherent setting is actually a GOOD thing, capeshitfag. Go back to your idiot manchild comics that try to stuff every single character into a single "shared universe" no matter how retarded it is.
>>
>>62806339

I think by the time TPM went 3D most people who rode the hype train during the prequels had sobered up and realized they were actually pretty shit movies.

Also CGI was maturing during this time so even SW's supposedly ebin CGI god curbstomped.

Lucas was fingered as the villain, him and that asshole producer. Now they're gone, it's in Disney's hands, the original cast is back. Really there's nothing that suggests this movie will be anything but great. However, if they start churning out movies every year, it's only a matter of time.
>>
File: 1447452843240.jpg (160 KB, 2920x316) Image search: [Google]
1447452843240.jpg
160 KB, 2920x316
>>62806066
The prequels will look like thought out master pieces in comparison to what we will see in the coming years
>>
JUST
>>
>>62806433
>the setting is actually more limited than capeshit in terms of what kind of story you can tell

I disagree. They could easily make a trilogy of the Empire/Sith reform and win again then the rebels find or make a time travel device going back to the previous canon timeline.
>>
>>62806441
Crashing this franchise..
>>
And people thought capeshit was bad
Enjoy the "EU stories but with millions of dollars behind it"
What'll it be called? Starshit?
>>
ITT: people responding to completely fake article quotes
>>
I don't know anything about Star Wars other than the original trilogy and sadly the prequels.

I don't know if it's established but if they made movies on Darth Vader tearing ass between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope it mite b cool
>>
They will get $1 billion guaranteed EVERY time they release a new Star Wars movie

>$4 billion was too much they said
>Lucas got the better deal they said
>>
File: Jewing_66e872_5416060.gif (378 KB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
Jewing_66e872_5416060.gif
378 KB, 208x200
>>62806066
>>
Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars and it's milking the shit out of both until people get bored. This is no surprise, faggot OP.
>>
>>62806479

I actually think the opposite is going to happen. Right now all we have to compare the prequels to are the originals, and in all honestly only Empire Strikes Back is actually a great movie, A New Hope is fine as a low-budget buck rodgers knock-off, and Return of the Jedi is a wandering bloated mess. Those movies have also aged pretty poorly in some cases.

The most mediocre by-the-books SJW riddled moden star wars movie will be miles better looking than the prequels ( at least ep. II / III ), better written, and have more compelling characters. The prequels are honestly bad and having a new movie to compare them to made by the world's safest director choice with tons of oversight by Disney will only make them look worse.
>>
File: 1442666948908.jpg (661 KB, 958x775) Image search: [Google]
1442666948908.jpg
661 KB, 958x775
are you ready for more diversity goys?
>>
>>62806550
>implying the money is in the movies

Star Wars is about selling toys and other merchandise. That's the true money source.
>>
What's the point of this article? Disney already admitted to this plan 2 years ago.

How can anyone be surprised that starshit is the next capeshit (not that capeshit is leaving)?
>>
File: 1435630454386.jpg (83 KB, 1000x807) Image search: [Google]
1435630454386.jpg
83 KB, 1000x807
>>62806548
ITT: You taking the bait.
>>
>>62806441

>What is their market strategy again?

Selling billions of dollars worth of toys, video games, and merchandise to children and manchildren who don't care about identity politics.
>>
>>62806550
they could also re-release the old ones while they make new ones

LOADS-E-MONEY
>>
>>62806066
>branching the franchise out into an "infinite series."

It would be cool to see a saga that wasn't focused on the Skywalkers and friends.

a Galaxy is billions of planets after all.
>>
>>62806339
there's 3D conversions for Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, but Disney decided not to release them I think. They were shown at that Star Wars Celebration thing
>>
>>62806621
Interesting gamble. Will see how well it works.

>Hey ralph, back the truck up, gotta 'nother load of these "Finn" toys that didn't sell!
>>
>>62806548
Even if its a fake quote, which it probably is, its simply something that is extremely likely
With disney branching the storyline off so that minor characters get their own movies, and the ridiculous success that TFA has already before its even out, it's just smart business to milk this exactly like capeshit
>>
File: sheev.jpg (41 KB, 536x409) Image search: [Google]
sheev.jpg
41 KB, 536x409
>>62806546
>Starshit
Yees, yeeeees
>>
>>62806618
How am I the one who took the bait? Everyone here is acting like a photoshopped title and some made-up quotes are the end of the world
>>
>star plebs will defend this because of nerd culture
BOOOO GET OUTTA TOWN
>>
>>62806506
>time travel to make Star Wars storylines
You have to be 18 to post on 4chan
>>
>>62806548
http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/17/9749528/star-wars-the-force-awakens
>>
File: MUST CONTAIN RAGE.png (903 KB, 1500x1545) Image search: [Google]
MUST CONTAIN RAGE.png
903 KB, 1500x1545
WHEN WILL IT END

WHEN WILL IT ENNNNNNND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC-7fgPJOYY
>>
Theyll just treat SW the same way theyre treating cape shit. Which is shit, but who cares? The prequels completely killed any respectability the property had. The elimination of the EU from canon snubbed SW's most die hard fans. It now belongs to the casual normies, just like capeshit.

What might be cool is that in combination with Gravity, Interstellar, and The Martian, SW might push movie makers to make more sci fi. which already seems to be making a comeback.
>>
File: spoon.jpg (144 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
spoon.jpg
144 KB, 425x282
>>62806548

>durr hurr how do i internet?

since you're literally a baby, i guess i'll have to spoonfeed you

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/building-the-star-wars-universe/
>>
>>62806546
All hail Starshit
>>
100% sure these will happen

>Live action Clone Wars movie(s)
>Movie focusing on a different group of rebels during the Empire era.

Fuck it, just make new wars to focus on.
>>
>>62806683
article is real

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/17/9749528/star-wars-the-force-awakens

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/building-the-star-wars-universe/
>>
File: ThisCantBeReal.png (189 KB, 281x349) Image search: [Google]
ThisCantBeReal.png
189 KB, 281x349
>>62806758
This cannot be real. How could they be downright boastful about the milking? I cannot believe this is real; it shouldn't even be possible to produce a new franchise movie yearly indefinitely.
Is wired a legitimate source? I'm assuming that's either a prank or a pipe-dream statement from a low-level exec that the reporter just threw out as fact.
>>
>>62806992
>How can they be downright boastful about the milking
Considering marvel did it and plebs loved it, why wouldnt they be boasting
Its not even "honeymoon"-phase but average moviegoer will eat this shit up. Its fucking starwars, too big to fail.
>>
>>62807072
When will people understand that too big to fail is a very bad thing
>>
>>62806066
>have anything to say about it, the past four decades of Star Wars are merely prologue,"

prologue for what? They were supposed to be Darth Vader story. How can you expand on that, unless with spinoff unrelated to the protagonist?

this is retarded. Who the fuck cares about the force in the end? It was supposed to be about fall and redemption
>>
>>62807136
>prologue for what?
Shit tons of money from toys
>>
File: TOO_BIG_TO_FAIL-death-star[1].png (62 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
TOO_BIG_TO_FAIL-death-star[1].png
62 KB, 480x480
>>62807072
>>62807128
>>
>>62807136
an entire galaxy is a very big playground to play in
>>
>>62807136
As in the empire vs rebels story is the prologue for their much grander neo-empire vs neo-rebels storyline, this time not ending after 3 movies bit lasting much, much longer
Essentially just means theyre going to milk the shit out of the new movies is all
>>
>>62806066
Heyy new Star Wars games. Maybe a new good rpg
>>
>>62807072
people will eat it up until they get bored of it. then they will simply not give a shit any more.

that's what makes normies different from nerds, they aren't going to obsess about something for decades after it's ceased to actually interest to them.
>>
Franchise burnout in 3 years tops.
>>
>>62806992
>How could they be downright boastful about the milking?

What are you going to do? Not watch the movie?

There's literally 10's of millions of other people that will still throw money at Disney.
>>
Just ggive me the Old Republic Netflix series and I DONT GIVE A FUCK HOW MANY SHITTY MOVIES YoU MAKE
>>
JUST WRECK MY FRANCHISE UP
>>
File: 1367542167211.png (14 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1367542167211.png
14 KB, 800x600
>>62806698
Why do people think Star Wars is nerdy when it's the biggest pop culture juggernaut in the world?
>>
>>62807555
nerd culture isn't about appreciating it as a movie, it's about obsessing over every trivial detail and basing your life around the franchise
>>
>>62806479
the new movies are alredy better then the prequels just by looking at the trailers
>>
File: 00rage.png (263 KB, 570x428) Image search: [Google]
00rage.png
263 KB, 570x428
>>62806066
>they're gonna milk that cow until its tits fall off

>they're blissfully (but soon painfully) unaware that millons got burned out on seeing SW shit everywhere when they were only coming out once every 3 years

>we have to wait behind THREE SW movies and fuckloads of capeshit before Disney will release the newest POTC movie (fuck you I like the POTC series except the 4th one)
>>
>>62807625
being better than the prequels isn't good enough. stop talking like it is.

being mediocre will likely wind up being worse, as the prequels were stuffed with memes and making fun of them birthed a lot of superior entertainment like Plinkett.
>>
episodes 0, -1 and -2 when?
>>
>>62807860
When the episode number hits a stack overflow
>>
Do "people" (capeshitters mostly) actually like this sort of shit?

I mean, knowing that the story will go on and on as long as you keep paying, never getting a sense of closure, never being able to look back at the series and remember the good times knowing that the good guys won and so on, knowing that they'll just pull another group of villains out of their ass for the next movie and, if you're lucky, they'll give you a half-assed ending when the series stops making money (and it doesn't even fucking matter at that point, obviously). Seriously, what the hell.
>>
>>62807860
I wouldn't be surprised if KOTOR gets the movie treatment
>>
>>62806339
that's not it, TPM 3D grossed $43 million domestically, which is a lot for such a hated movie. (Titanic 3D grossed $57 million)

the 3D re-releases were stopped because Disney bought Lucasfilm and decided to release a sequel trilogy instead of re-releasing the old films
>>
>>62808069
That's fine to do with comic books because they don't cost a fortune to make.
Blowing billions on a chain of movies that will only be appealing to the majority for a limited time is likely good in theory, but not so much in practice.
>>
>>62807757
POTC?
>>
>every year
That's how they'll keep the quality up
>>
>One (1) Star Wars movie a year is as bad as seven (7) capeshit movies a year

Nah
a
h
>>
>>62808308
Pirates of the Caribbean.
>>
>>62807625
The prequels had great trailers too. Fool me once, shame on Jew, fool me twice, don't trust the Jews
>>
>>62808308
President of the Keks
>>
>>62808093
>tfw it will be full of tortanic shit
>>
Its ogre. Disney can now place rides/areas in all of their themeparks around the world. Tomorrowland at Disneyland? You better believe it'll be reconstructed to be Star Wars themed. Billion-dollar box office movies, merchandise, television shows, Disneyland/World, all that shit. Disney is going to grow beyond measure
>>
senpai
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.