[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A month to go... Why the fuck is the hype off?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 23
File: characterposter1.jpg (268 KB, 630x918) Image search: [Google]
characterposter1.jpg
268 KB, 630x918
Is it me or the whole promotional campaign for the new film has kinda run out of steam? There is a shortage of toys and other merchandise and I haven't seen enough promos and spots. Have the geniuses at Disney already spent too much money promoting the film or what? What happened?
>>
>>62801205
keep it in one of the other 30 star wars threads, faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 570x516) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 570x516
Did any of you get your tickets yet? Here's mine, I can't wait famalam
>>
>>62801205
It doesn't need a whole promotional campaign. It's going to make hundreds of millions of dollars no matter what.
>>
>>62801266
>Get excited anon, you are going to the movies!
pepe.jpeg
>>
>>62801271
This
>>
>HAY GUYS, TOTALLY NOT A MARKETER FOR STARWARS (TM) HERE, BUT ISN'T IT STRANGE HOW DEYS IS NOT MUCH SWS MARKETING RITE NOW???
>>
This is gonna bomb on my country, most people don't even know what it is.
>>
>>62801205
>>62801614

Op here. My point is that there haven't been enough promotion and/or products. Force Friday was a total trainwreck. I bet somebody at Disney is stealing millions of dollars worth of advertising and merchandise, hence the lack of more stuff. Just a feelin...
>>
Toy shortage? Yeah. Not enough TV spots and ads? Fucking hardly, they've been putting out new ones twice a week now. It doesn't even need them, the hype is already there. It's going to break every record.
>>
>>62801727
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU FELLOW TOTALLY-NOT-A-STAR-WARS(TM)-MARKETER

please just fuck off
>>
>>62801727

Yea, but I haven't seen enough stuff. I mean, for the billions they probably used in promotional stuff there should be more stuff. I think is just too little. PHANTOM MENACE HAD MORE STUFF AND MORE HYPE
>>
>>62801727
>tfw haven't watched any of the TV spots
Hopefully that'll be enough to make this movie blow my fucking mind.
>>
>>62801840

It would be interesting to research how much money Disney invested for promoting teh movie. I bet it must have been a lot. Don't you think some sleazy fuck must have thought "Gee, there is no need to promote, I'lll keep all this money for myself" instead of use it in more merchandise and campaigns? I don't know... the whole thing seems kinda like... too little too late
>>
nah, they're still making threads pretty constantly. They're just trying to be subtle about it rather than just endlessly spamming.

see >>62801205 for an example.
>>
The hype just couldn't be higher than when the final trailer hit, it topped off.
>>
>>62801266

gotta buy that 2nd ticket so people don't think you're going alone
>>
because it looks boring as shit m8
>>
>>62801205
Please tell me that's not an official poster.

Please.
>>
they staurated the media and the world got tired of it

they blew their load too soon and now they're just sitting there with promotional semen on their leg beginning to feel sad
>>
>>62801723
you just mad that disney didnt paid you for shilling last month?
>>
>>62802071
>the world got tired of it
>tired of Star Wars

Seriously sometimes when I come to /tv/ it's like some twilight zone shit where you people are not on this earth. The hype for this movie couldn't be any higher, this is a producers/studio wet dream.
>>
>>62802071
Disney seem to be legitimately cursed when it comes to sci-fi franchises.

I hear people talking about Hunger Games, Batman Vs Superman, Captain America Civil War, etc all the time, but The Force Awakens barely gets mentioned in passing.

I have to admit I'd have a damn good laugh if this turned into another Tron Legacy or John Carter for them (can't see it being on Tomorrowland's level though, just due to name recognition).
>>
>>62801266
>tfw IMAX was sold out so I have to see BEST VERSION at a later date

smdh, tbqh, pham
>>
>>62802047
Heh heh...
>>
>>62801727
>It's going to break every record.

It'll break some irrelevant first-week fastest records that'll be broken by the next big blockbuster event, but the only record that matters (highest grossing film of all time) will stand.
>>
File: SW IMAX.png (59 KB, 888x504) Image search: [Google]
SW IMAX.png
59 KB, 888x504
>>62802256
just bought 2 tickets online for me and my cousin
people aren't so hyped about SW in third world
>>
File: no singles.png (30 KB, 578x325) Image search: [Google]
no singles.png
30 KB, 578x325
>>62802390
>>
>>62802390

looks like a dick

lmao
>>
>>62802357
>WE'VE SOLD THE MOST ONLINE TICKETS SINCE ANY MOVIE TO EVER DO THAT
>only 2-3 movies have done that, they were half-hearted about it
>90% of the tickets sold are on ebay
>>
>>62802457
What are you saying?
>>
File: John_carter_poster.jpg (22 KB, 259x383) Image search: [Google]
John_carter_poster.jpg
22 KB, 259x383
>>62802071

Disney is not supporting it anymore because it's going to end like this...
>>
>>62802457
What? I can't understand what stand you are trying to make.
>>
I really want it to fail desu. It's always nice to see social engineering fall flat on its face.
>>
>Why has the hype died down

This movie is not out for a clean month and THIS is what my theatre has for available seats for IMAX AKA the most expensive ticket.
>>
>>62801205

I think they fucked it up

>They released ALL the toys months before

>They released ALL the merchandise months before

>They didnt release a trailer until a month and a half before the film airs

>They released like eight different trailers almost all together a month before the film airs

To top that

>The google drive presentation with ALL the fucking movie written down and explained scene by scene has been proven 100% correct for what we've seen so far

So that's why there's no steam anymore.

As surprising as it is, people are already tired of a film that has not been released yet.
>>
>>62802556

>spams desu like all his 4chan lemmings
>It's always nice to see social engineering fall

good job anon
>>
File: 1440468867433.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1440468867433.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>every single person knows about the new star wars movie

They don't need to do anything now till a week or two before release then start the hype again
>>
>>62802614

It's the word filter.
>>
>>62802256
>senior

I...isn't senior discounts 60+
>>
File: tfa-first-cards-03.jpg (251 KB, 712x954) Image search: [Google]
tfa-first-cards-03.jpg
251 KB, 712x954
>>62802606

They fucked up BIG time. I can't find a single fucken Kylo Ren figure and I'm really a true fan. Fuck you VERY MUCH, Disney.
>>
>>62802603
woo forgot picture
>>
>tfw disabled and front row seats only left

Holy shit why didn't I buy my ticket earlier :((((
>>
>>62802606

>They released ALL the merchandise months before

Dingdingding.

There's usually some merchandise released ahead of a film's release, but not usually three-four months ahead and not usually all at once.

They blew their merchandising load too early, and they're effectively going to lose money because everyone will be turning to ebay and amazon scalpers to get merchandising for Christmas presents.

I have the Bandai SHF Kylo Ren, Stormtroopers and Captain Phasma preordered in Japan because I know full well I'll be able to sell them for four-five times what I'll be paying for them come January.
>>
>>62802685

For another spammed word that emerged from shitposting about reddit.
>>
>>62801266
>Watching it on the premiere
Watch out for IS
>>
>>62802758
Just see it later, senpai. I'm seeing it at 530 AM because all of the good seats in the opening night showings were taken. Gonna trip acid and see it on the IMAX 3D awwww yeah

Also, anyone who thinks this marketing isn't incredible is a fucking moron. Showings were sold out two months in advance and all signs point to it having a more than 250+million opening weekend.
>>
>>62801266
Yeah I got mine, at the AMC in Disney opening night.
>>
desu
>>
>>62802047
He looks so sad and tired.
>>
>>62801205
Pretty sure the last TV spot with tons of hype was like what, earlier this week?
>>
>>62802706
>Armour up

Excuse me, what?
>>
>Friendly reminder that the Phantom Menace was the most popular of the prequels and still made less than 50 million.

>Friendly reminder that J.J. Abrams most successful movie was Star Trek, with a paltry 250 million gross

>Friendly reminder that it isn't even getting released in China
>>
>>62802738
Would you sit there?
>>
File: phantom.jpg (62 KB, 260x909) Image search: [Google]
phantom.jpg
62 KB, 260x909
>>62803123

What is long time investment and that's not even counting merchandise and videogames.

>But I know more than a multi billion dollar company
>>
>>62803017
That's not my problem, my problem is that it's a shitty, lazily-photoshopped image instead of glorious hand-painted poster art.

I can't get over how cheap and by-the-numbers Disney's handling of this has been. Biggest, most beloved film franchise in world history and they're treating it like an extension of the Marvel movies.
>>
>>62803215

I dunno brah, what IS a "long time investment"?
>>
>>62803123
>Not getting released in China

That can't be ri...

https://www.thewrap.com/star-war-the-force-awakens-still-hasnt-locked-china-release/

...holy shit. If China doesn't approve it Disney are fucked.
>>
>>62801205
>Why is the hype off
>Millions of thread including yours about Star Wars
>Hype dead

No, faggot. It's still live and kicking
>>
How people can be hyped for a new SW movie after the prequels? Besides, is there anything left to tell? I don't want to see my childhood heroes as washed up old people making room for a bunch of nobodies. At this point, I'm starting to think Palpatine was right, a strong centralized government was needed to put order on the galaxy, otherwise everything fall apart. Thanks for ruining my childhood, JJ
>>
>>62803323
Internet popularity =/= real popularity

Ask Scott Pilgrim, Kick Ass, etc.
>>
File: image.png (342 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
342 KB, 2048x1536
So I'm buying tickets and I'm like why THE FUCK would anyone reserve tickets in those corners like this are they not planting bombs are they NOT in those corners so they can have a good vantage point on the auditorium when they shoot up the theater???
>>
>>62801727
>It's going to break every record.
You are way overestimating the drawing power of this good night story franchise for manchildren.
>>
>>62803484
>How people can be hyped for a new SW movie after the prequels?

Because JJ has said in the nicest way possible that he hates the prequels and is trying to make these movies as much in the style of the Originals as he can.

Practical effects, actual extras in costumes for the stormtroopers instead of all CGI, minimal greenscreen, actual models for the ships, only using CGi when necessary, etc
>>
>>62803319
>https://www.thewrap.com/star-war-the-force-awakens-still-hasnt-locked-china-release/

LOL released until 2016

>DISNEY IS FUCKED
>>
>>62801205

Oldfag here. I watched the OT in the cinema since ESB when I was a little kid, and let me tell you, the current hype is fucken NOTHING compared to what it was back in the day...
>>
>>62803632
Delusional manchild.
>>
>>62803632

And yet the trailers have more CGI than practical effects. Bravo JJ
>>
>>62801266
3D
hahahahhahahaha
>>
File: im done.png (5 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
im done.png
5 KB, 429x410
>>62801266
>mfw all the showings are 3D only
Fuck Disney.
>>
>>62802706

>tfw I got a Starkiller Kylo just today

9/10 pretty fucking excellent

But it doesnt come with an unmasked head
>>
>>62804056
>tfw i want that starkiller kylo but dont want the shitty snow on his robe
ill just settle for regular
>>
>>62804151

Spray paint it black.

It's worth the effort because the figure is better and more accurate to the film, not to mention the lightsaber design, also better.
>>
>>62801727
It's won't beat Episode 1 adjusted for inflation.
>>
>>62803746
imax 3d is different to pleb 3d, you obviously havent been to imax
>>
>>62802256
Ayy Im seeing it at the same theatre
>>
>>62801205
The merchandise until now was for sell out the tickets for the debut and the first weekend. When 17 september comes and the records start to be broken, the movie will sell itself for the next weeks/months.
>>
File: last seat.jpg (60 KB, 473x331) Image search: [Google]
last seat.jpg
60 KB, 473x331
literally the last seat
>>
>>62804651
*december... correcting myself
>>
>>62801679
Where are you from?
>>
>>62802521
Fuck you, John Carter was great. It only failed due to abysmal marketing.
>>
>>62803632
It's cool to hate the prequels these days. They're objetively bad but this is just a PR stunt. No matter how much the old cast suck JJ's cock, he'll always be a Hollywood's mindless minion.
>>
>>62801936
>Implying disney needs to use secretive tactics to convince 4chan to go see this movie
Lmao
>>
>>62804492
I only got 3D because IMAX is sold out :(
>>
>>62801205

Why is Han's face so fucking crooked?
>>
>>62803636
No, Disney are HOPING it will be approved for release in 2016.

The Chinese government still haven't approved it.

Apparently this is what that massive promotional event at the Great Wall was all about, Disney trying to strongarm the government into approving the movie by drumming up public interest.
>>
>>62804834
Because Harrison Ford was tired of SW by ROTJ and he thought to be free of the role of Han Solo. Unfortunately, he's too old for getting job and his recent movies have been massive flops.
>>
>>62804953
>Unfortunately, he's too old for getting job and his recent movies have been massive flops.

I like to think of them as warm-ups for SW. It wasn't his fault, it was the movies themselves.
>>
>>62804953
Harrison Ford was never a truly great actor anyway. He was handsome and charismatic but that's it.

Aren't rumors of a new Indiana Jones with Harrison Ford?
>>
>>62801271

You think that's much?

If this movie makes less than 1.5 billion $ it's a failure.
>>
>>62806276
$1.5 billion would be underperforming, honestly, and suggest the movie had failed to bring in a new generation of fans.
>>
>>62803681

Can confirm. Even special edition hype was so much stronger it's not even comparable.

For the masses this is just another flick.
>>
>>62803681
>>62806490
Nothing will have a bigger hype than The Phantom Menace
>>
>>62806189
Will it have BASED Shia?
>>
>>62801266
>giving my money to a kike kekold

Nah, I'll sneak into the theater
>>
>>62801723
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnAiUd4_Z8E
It's fucking everywhere retard.
>>
I just recently re-watched the OT and it was kind of boring. I don't know why I liked it, I guess I wanted to fit in with the nerds or something.

I haven't really watched the prequels (watched some minutes but never a complete episode), I guess I'll never do.
>>
it hasn't lost steam per se but the way disney has gone about promoting/marketing this film is baffling.

they waited months before releasing the first official full length trailer, and then jj comes out saying that was it until the release...then a week goes by and the japanese trailer comes out, then the tv spots and other shorts, it's more like an overload of SW at this point.

it's going to make a lot of money...but the december release date is really gonna make it hard to beat JW in total global box office.
>>
>>62803484
kek
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 800x600
>>62804326
>tfw my second one has been sitting on my desk for a month because I don't have time to finish a simple detail paint job
>>
File: starwars.jpg (257 KB, 630x918) Image search: [Google]
starwars.jpg
257 KB, 630x918
>>
File: starwars2.jpg (215 KB, 630x918) Image search: [Google]
starwars2.jpg
215 KB, 630x918
>>
>>62807478
this aren't my glasses!
>>
>>62801727
More like nigger dicks are going to break every blood vessel in JJ Abrahm's colon.
>>
>>62803572

pretty shady t-b-h pham
>>
>>62802606

where can I find this google drive presentation?
>>
>>62806727
/tv/ is literally the only place on the internet that give a shit about Shia
>>
>>62807004
While I like Star Wars, it's a prime example of the hype far exceeding the movies.
>>
>>62804715
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!!
>>
>>62803319
>>Not getting released in China

Oh its getting "released" alright. We're just not paying for it. lol
>>
>>62801205
>Why the fuck is the hype off
Because it's fucking star wars faggot
it's pure shit
>>
>>62807360

I also have those Hotweels ships.

I strongly recommend you get some Micromachines. Well worth it. Not the playsets though. Just the blisters.
>>
>one month left to release
>steady as she goes, don't rock the boat
>cast and crew suddenly come out and explicitly say the movie is meant to be an "attack on white people"
>hype completely dissipates
WHODA THUNK
>>
>>62801205
What planet are you posting from?
>>
People will forget about that movie in a week
>>
File: Pepe0678 - 3pizEKl.png (13 KB, 530x492) Image search: [Google]
Pepe0678 - 3pizEKl.png
13 KB, 530x492
>>62801266
Nice dubs. I'm going alone but no one will care because i'm not ugly or fat.
>>
>>62801723
Because they went overboard with The Phantom Menace and since this film will actually be good they don't want to that again.
>>
>>62802166
People here thought Interstellar and Jurassic World would flop. This place is just a bunch of contrarians.
>>
>>62807478
now im hype
>>
>>62801723
Oh, yeah! Because they're just so popular that somebody might want to steal and sell them to pocket some cash, or maybe you're wrong and they're just SO POPULAR that people have simply bought them all!
I guess that means I should follow their example and be excited too! :^)
Fuck off, faggot. Fuck Star Wars, and fuck Disney.
I'd rather wait for that sequel to Prometheus.
>>
>>62804834
He wants to facepalm at all this fuss over a shitty sci-fi, but he just doesn't give enough of a fuck anymore.
His face is literally caving in, because he has absolutely no fucks left to give.
>>
>>62802606

still no Luke and Snoke fa͏m
>>
File: like-poetry.png (1 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
like-poetry.png
1 MB, 1024x576
>>62804726
I know this is a business but it irks me in the wrong way to see the old cast indirectly shitting over Lucas for making JJ to look good. Lucas fucked up really badly with the prequels and the actors are just reading a script written by a PR guy but still bothers me
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.