[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Trek thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9
File: risa based gfs here i come.png (526 KB, 498x753) Image search: [Google]
risa based gfs here i come.png
526 KB, 498x753
Star Fleet engineers can turn rocks into replicators edition.
>>
File: what stardate is it.jpg (47 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
what stardate is it.jpg
47 KB, 500x382
I feel like Noonien Soong plot line had so much potential.

It had airs of Tyrell Corp, like an homage to Blade Runner.
>>
File: sleep it so.jpg (31 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
sleep it so.jpg
31 KB, 694x530
>>
File: POLITICS.jpg (85 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
POLITICS.jpg
85 KB, 500x376
>it's a middle of the day and /tv/ is full of plebs talking about garbage shows episode
>>
File: also a member.gif (999 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
also a member.gif
999 KB, 400x300
How come some people hate Bill? I know he was supposed to be the opposite of Jean-Luc, but that doesn't mean he wasn't based.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnrfyvzXR1g
>>
dammit.
thought we were still on the Dyson sphere thread
>>62789409
>>
File: Screenshot2012-04-03at112909PM.png (323 KB, 799x631) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot2012-04-03at112909PM.png
323 KB, 799x631
SHOW YOURSELVES
>>
>>62801245

Starting a ST thread without the proper title is against regulations
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 300x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 300x410
Best Star Trek movie coming through
>>
>>62801455

I don't disagree, but based Khan can go up against anyone tbqh.

Undiscovered Country was also not bad.

To this day whenever I hear the music in any situation I know shit is about to go down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58wJRrvVgZI
>>
>>62801524

and scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPz-6HuM8Sc
>>
>>62800722

WAKE UP, CAPTAINIKI
>>
So what are the odds that the new Trek isn't total shit?
>>
>>62802077

I have faith.

Paramount imho has been good to Star Trek. As good as a corporation can be anyway.
>>
>>62802077
>Executive Producer Alex Kurtzman
I'm sorry.
>>
>>62802077
Well, the SEVEN MONTHS AND STILL NO TRAILER TRAINWRECK CONFIRMED posts should start popping up any day now so there's that.

Personally I'm more interested in hearing about a new series.
>>
>>62802559
I actually meant the new series, didn't even think about the movie.
>>
File: 1446333756460.jpg (80 KB, 522x593) Image search: [Google]
1446333756460.jpg
80 KB, 522x593
>>62800894
>opposite of Picard
>anything but based
>>
I hope to see plenty of tense diplomatic negotiations in the new series.
>>
>>62803539
>we are living in an era where Doctor Who has more tense diplomatic negotiations than Star Trek
Shaking my head, family.
>>
>>62800680
It would have been cool if they had taken the idea of Datalore and had Lore secretly swap places with Data after Brothers, but no hint is given at all to the viewer until later when abnormalities show up in various episodes. Kind of like what happened in Voyager season 2 with the mole and Tom acting suspicious.
>>
>>62802248
Hey anon, guess what. This isn't being made by Paramount, it's being made by CBS.
>>
Is the new show going to be in the old or new/alt universe thing (with the super transporters which makes space travel irrelevant)
>>
>>62803713
Kinda did that with O'Brien in S2or 3 of DS9 too, didn't they?

>>62802692
Ah, I think we might be alright, I know there's a few things I don't want. I'd actually rather not have another serialized Trek like the last three we had. I don't mind revisiting a story or character or planet now and again but the series long political storyline or archvillain seems like it's been done in every sci-fi series for the past 20 years.

A bunch of stand alone episodes and two-parters lends itself better to the exploration theme imo and would feel fresh at this point.

I also want imperfect characters. I realize the need for crew members who are specialized and adept in their respective fields but JJ's "We need an expert", "Well, I'm an expert sir" bullshit in every situation just dilutes the tension.

Oh, and don't fuck up the Vulcans like on Enterprise.
>>
>>62804330
No one knows. There are three options here:

> TOS JJ Verse
This is unlikely, despite the vocal outcries from uninformed idiots. CBS owns the rights to Trek on TV, Paramount/Viacom owns the movie rights. These companies don't get along well after the split. For ST2009, Paramount wanted to sell merch based on the new movie, but CBS cockblocked them and didn't allow it. I seriously doubt Paramount is going to let them set the new show in their universe

> Prime Timeline
Also unlikely. Why? Because normies don't give half of a shit about the other shows. It would bomb hard. This is CBS we're talking about here, the same network responsible for the Big Bang Theory. Just let that sink in.

> New Timeline
This is what I think we're getting. Yet another TOS reboot with callbacks and references to appease the normies. It also doesn't have to suffer from the baggage of the previous shows. Unless they really want to shoot themselves in the foot, you can post this in January 2017 and I guarantee it'll be right.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.