[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the worst The Simpsons episode recent times?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Homer_simpsonwoohooo.gif (351 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Homer_simpsonwoohooo.gif
351 KB, 1280x1024
What is the worst The Simpsons episode recent times?
>>
all of them
>>
Lisa goes Gaga
>>
all of them since like 2000
>>
OP's mum.
>>
they're all pretty bad

the non-treehouse halloween episode was pretty shit and last week was awful
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Came_to_Be_Dinner

This one, apparently (I haven't seen it).
>>
>>62797297
Anything about Lisa. Anything.
>>
Most of them are shit, but Lisa's episodes are a huge pile of "progressive" crap.
>>
>>62798000
That one. Fucking Kang and Kodos and a trip to Rigel VII is a plot in a non-Halloween episode? Disgusting.
>>
>>62797343
This. Completely re-hashed just for Gaga
>>
>>62798040

Not to mention they had the gall to rehash the chips in space joke but with bart eating the chips before homer could reach it

And it ends with them flying around space in that spaceship for an undisclosed period of time
>>
>>62798079
That was godawful
>>
>>62798109

Plus the not-disneyland 'parody' where a group of tourists were melted with acid for sitting in the shade for too long

The whole episode felt like a rejected futurama plot that was awkwardly converted to work with simpsons characters
>>
>>62798000
Trips confirm it, and it really was actual human feces.
>>
>>62797297
Why would you watch the show if it's turned to shit so bad? It's ratings are probably the only thing keeping it going.
>>
honestly, in terms of the current season (whatever it is), they had one where maggie starts hanging around with a bunch of 'cute' forest creatures and goes on some adventure and ends up meeting spider pig iirc

fucking atrocious, even by the shudderingly low zombie standards. don't remember what the main plot was
>>
>>62798307

That sounds like a treehouse plot
please tell me it's a treehouse plot
>>
>>62798362
no. it was a week or two before the treehouse ep. there were actually 2 halloween-themed episodes this season which is weird
>>
>Homer randomly gets a promotion which means he needs to work late and go to conferences
>This leads to Marge and Ned almost having an affair, going as far as to almost kiss right before Homer comes home
>They never address this again despite their having to be unresolved sexual tension
>>
>>62798079
In general terms what pisses me off the most in modern Simpsons episodes is where they'll do a random "homage" to a joke from an earlier episode, one of the "classic" jokes.

So they only ever reference stuff up to Season 9 or so, and its usually done so blatantly and shittily, like a character will just say "hey, remember that one time <insert cultural touchstone from early Simpsons>."

Its like they know the series isn't as good anymore and they're piggybacking off of memorable plots and jokes they had nothing to do with personally.
>>
>>62798498

The newest episode references yvan eht nioj with an australian boy band (which doesn't even make sense that they're promoting the US navy), that's a S12 reference to an episode most people already hate

They're losing it
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.