[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this show so good, pham?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: 71ZBGKzqLXL._SL1058_.jpg (145 KB, 743x1058) Image search: [Google]
71ZBGKzqLXL._SL1058_.jpg
145 KB, 743x1058
Why is this show so good, pham?
>>
>>62795837
It's not though.
>>
I saw a commercial for it at the bar and it looked like absolute garbage
>>
>>62795837
>joan watson

no thanks.
>>
>>62795837
>>
>>62795837

Johnny Lee Miller
>>
It is pretty good, but I hate how they made holmes like a modern hipster with a gentlemen's way of talking.
>>
>>62795837

It's a super comfy procedural that manages to mix character development smoothly into the narrative and sometimes even in the cases themselves and it's actually handling Sherlock's drug addiction in a smart manner. Watson's also got more to do than just sit in the sidelines, she's got her own subplots at times and is slowly becoming a valuable partner and detective on her own right.
>>
>>62795852

Well it isn't.
>>
>>62797478
/thread
>>
Sherlock>Elementary

All you Elementary fags know it's true.
>>
I watched a whole season of it

It was OK I guess. It doesn't do anything new or interesting, but at the same time Sherlock himself is always an interesting character.
>>
>>62798603

Sherlock has some really poor episodes. Elementary season 1 is consistently good throughout and has better mysteries. Sherlock is just very good performances from the two leads.
>>
>>62795837
Well I haven't seen it but the two actors on that poster are shit.
>>
>>62798603
Sherlock has shitty fucking Cumberbatch in it.
>>
>>62798603

Sherlock has 10/10 direction and god-awful writing. The Irene Adler episode basically made me want to kill myself once we got to I AM SHERLOCKED and Holmes impersonating a Muslim terrorist to save Irene's life.

Elementary's direction isn't cinematic like Sherlock, but the writing is a fuck of a lot better.
>>
I sure 90% of people who say they hate in on /tv/ hate it because Watson is a woman. It's really not a bad show. I just wish they did something more original than a "Sherlock is an addict" arc.
>>
Watson is a girl now? There's your reason it's fucking shit
>>
Watson is there to have a more normal character because watchers (previously readers) needed someone to related to, because most people cannot related to the near autistic Sherlock. Making Watson a woman does not undercut their purpose.
>>
I don't know if it's "damn good" but it is pretty good. One of the few procedurals I actually like.

Also John Noble is in it now!
>>
>>62798603

Sherlock is shit m8. The writing and acting are awful. Like some doctor who style kids shit for tumblrinas.
>>
>>62795837
JLM
also its less retarded than "Sher"locked" XD
>>
>>62795837
I only watched until maybe halfway through the third season, after that I couldn't be bothered with it.

Also the feminist bullshit was way too predictable with Kitty OF COURSE having been raped being her "dark secret" Holmes becoming some sort of absurd whiteknight out of the blue and the general fetishzising of victimhood.

Does it get any good afterwards? I did like the twist with Dormer as Moriarty.
>>
Watsong ching chong
>>
File: 1435975669407.jpg (73 KB, 531x683) Image search: [Google]
1435975669407.jpg
73 KB, 531x683
>>62800828
>I sure 90% of people who say they hate in on /tv/ hate it because Watson is a woman.
oh fuck off tumblr
>>
>>62798603
> Sherlock> elementary
Go back to tumblr kek
>>
>>62802361
You know it's true. Whether they mean it or not is another thing, but that is one of the major complaints 4chan would have with it.
>>
>>62795837
>Female Watson
>Female Moriarty
>Tranny landlady

It's SJW trash
>>
Worried about the ratings decline since it came back but it was against football and paris attacks news.

Plz don't get canceled, it's so comfy and good.
>>
File: elementary-23.jpg (156 KB, 542x329) Image search: [Google]
elementary-23.jpg
156 KB, 542x329
>>62804704
>implying smirkfu Moriarty isn't best Moriarty
>>
>>62800799
you are a dumb dumb
>>
>>62804817
The only reason it wasn't cancelled already is due to wanting syndication. Unless this season really takes off, and it won't because every season has been worse than the last, it's done
>>
>>62804704
>It's SJW trash
Last week's episode had a victim named Sarkeesian who was 'perfecting the art of brainwashing'.
>>
>>62804817
If Grimm can get syndication Elementary definitely fucking can.
>>
>John Noble as Sherlock's dad
>not as the real Moriarty
what a waste
>>
it's too fucking try hard with it's 'look-we're-so-relevant-and-hip-Everyone(teehee,Anonymous)'

I only watch it because I have that disease where if I ever start watching something I have to watch every episode of every season of that thing.
Too many disappoints
Too many crapshows
Too many hours
someone end it. please.
someone kill me now
>>
I only watched it because Lucy Liu is in it
>>
>>62795837
wait a minute...
is this zero cool?
>>
>>62795837
>why is this sho so good
um, maybe because you've never watched sherlock
>>
>>62805020
>smirkfu is Moriarty
I guess that's a good a reason as any to start watching
when does she show up?
>>
>>62806640
Too soon for my liking and the reveal is bollocks too, A lot of the earlier episodes are weak.
>>
>>62806540
Go back to tumblr.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.