[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nathan For You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: SmokersAllowed.jpg (124 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
SmokersAllowed.jpg
124 KB, 1366x768
Genius? Ironic Madness? Madness? Art? Comedy? What is it?

Has Nathan For You melted the boundaries between post-modernism, art and comedy?
>>
woah, this recent episode was super cringeworthy. I was squirming in my seat. xD
>>
>>62793185
It's the most profoundly funny anti humor I've ever seen. I love it.
>>
>>62793185

I thought the episode was average when i first watched it but ive been thinking about it a lot and its pretty genius
>>
>>62793185
how long before edgy kids on /tv/ start calling it a "reddit" show because its getting too popular
>>
File: nathan for you main.png (261 KB, 633x356) Image search: [Google]
nathan for you main.png
261 KB, 633x356
I'm getting an "art" boner
>>
Just watched episode 4. The first segment sucked but the second one was fucking terrific.
>>
he wanted to strap himself on the nose of a plane but comedy central wouldn't let him
>>
>>62793185
>Nathan For You
>For You
>>
>>62794338
yeah we all know nathan browses 4chan
>>
>>62793439

Nathan reached Charlie Kaufman tier with that scene.
>>
>>62793266
It isn't anti-humour though.
>>
last episode was pretty shit desu
>>
>>62793439
>>62794544

this
>>
>>62794678
What is it
>>
What that means?
>>
>>62794750
It's just humour. Anti-humour is where you try to be deliberately unfunny to subvert the audience's expectations. That isn't what Nathan does. His show is full of irony, funny dialogue, character comedy, farce, slapstick and clear comic set-ups with satisfying pay-offs. It's about as far from anti-comedy as it's possible to get, even though the format is pretty unconventional.
>>
>>62794750

If I was anti-humour it would be on anti-comedy central.
>>
>>62795626
That isn't what they are now?
>>
>>62794860
>>62793266
i agree anti-humor is the wrong word for it

i think what he was going for was 'cringe' - where you laugh at the awkwardness of something

for american comedy shows it's relatively rare, curb your enthusiasm comes to mind
>>
>>62796267
Eh there are shows with characters that play a sort of dead-pan personality, like Aubrey Plaza
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.