[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people actually get paid for doing these posters?...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: really now.jpg (388 KB, 1410x886) Image search: [Google]
really now.jpg
388 KB, 1410x886
Do people actually get paid for doing these posters?...
>>
>>62771436
Everything is getting outsourced to India now, so they're getting paid in curry.
>>
>>62771436
Yeah, but not much
>>
>>62771436
>dat Beretta
>>
>>62771453
I was wondering what the professional process for this would be. Like does a studio give a bunch of production stills, some publicity photos, give general tone for the poster and then it's all pure creativity or what?
Same thing goes for trailers. Do people get full film before the release, so they could make a trailer?
>>
>>62771436
Yes of course they get paid.

>>62771502
Usually they contact a couple of companies that design posters. Give them a brief explanation what they had in mind and then wait for these companies to come up with their posters and then they pick the "best" one.
Same for trailers.
>>
>>62772088
Forgot to add: The process starts before everything is shot, so they give away whatever material they have, at that point in time, (and want to share) for people to work with.
>>
>>62771436
who is the semen demon on the right
>>
>>62772088
>companies that design posters
They contract any designer, give them shitty material to work with and expect a good poster. I've done it once, never again.
>>
>>62772280
Alison Carroll, ma man
>>
>>62772375
But OP's pic is pure amateur.
If I had nothing to work with I'd go with "less is more" and just put a good picture of the title car.
>>
>Taken 1
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.