[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
films that you think really stand in their own space I saw some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Scene-from-Il-Divo-001.jpg (36 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Scene-from-Il-Divo-001.jpg
36 KB, 460x276
films that you think really stand in their own space

I saw some of "il devo" on foreign TV late at night, I couldn't not really make much sense of it, but it stuck with me

it took me months to work out what it was called, and I was surprised to find it won a jury prize in cannes

I had never seen anything like it before, andI have never seen anything like it since
>>
File: Le-planete-sauvage-0.jpg (81 KB, 631x388) Image search: [Google]
Le-planete-sauvage-0.jpg
81 KB, 631x388
also this

le planet sauvage
with a space oddesey vibe and a daliesque rendering, it was really something else

some of my worse nightmares still look a bit like scenes from it, though I can't put my finger on what was so frightening about it; maybe the soundtrack?
>>
>>62771253
how old were you when did you watch it?
>>
File: tank.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
tank.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
waltz with bashir

for the soundtrack if nothing else
I made some spray-paint stencils of the film just because the style of animation was asking for it, the changes in mood threw me and by half way through I was just staring at the screen in a trance

many things in this film are likely to give you unwanted feelings, from the shock and awe style parachute flares, drive by's, the daze of normal life

I think they could have left the raw footage out of the end, or animated it as well; but that is politics for you
>>
>>62771321
young, how young I can't remember
it still scares me though
>>
>>62771212
It's called "Il Divo" and it's about the life of a corrupted italian premier, Giorgio Andreotti, who was behind several Mafia murders in the 70s- 80s.
Director is Paolo Sorrentino, one of the best italian directors today.
You should also check "Le conseguenze dell'amore", his best film in my opinion.
>>
>>62771350
I think that movie is fucken rad. do you hate the psych shit about it?
>>
Morvern Callar (2002)
>>
>>62771372
there was a lot of Freudian imagery in there, and many references to the obscene

there is something about the physical depictions of creatures in it I find unsettling, there is so much which is truly alien
>>
>>62771362
I will, thank you anon
>>
>>62771409
well any kid watching that would unsettle them. especially the 70s slow-moving feel soundtrack. plus its generally considered an odd movie. the animation doesn't help
>>
>>62771511
I got the same feeling when I watched primer for the first time and heard the noise the box made

primer was not a very good film, I do not know why I got the same feeling from it; most other people I've spoken to found my feelings odd
>>
>>62771548
haven't seen it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.