[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Settle an argument for me and a friend, on how valuable Kubrick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: ews.jpg (58 KB, 900x300) Image search: [Google]
ews.jpg
58 KB, 900x300
Settle an argument for me and a friend, on how valuable Kubrick actually was as an artist.

Why would one go through such scrutiny to make sure the picture ended up a precisely certain way?

Why would one riddle it with mircoscopic touches, symbolism and parallels when almost none of the films audience would ever notice?

How can we know that it is deliberate at all, and not just overloaded with props with a backstory, which we know are easy to over-analyse and draw the wrong conclusions through?
>>
>>62771053
>Why would one go through such scrutiny to make sure the picture ended up a precisely certain way?
Because it was his job?
>>
>>62771053
>none of the films audience would ever notice

But they have, we have. Kubrick did this for two reasons, 1 was for the audience, and 2 was for the actors. He wanted the actors to experience it as close to reality as he possibly could. The green poker table of the Pentagon War Room table is a good example. The joke to him was that you had all these people basically playing a poker game of war, but it worked, it made the actors feel like that was the situation and it came out in the acting.
>>
Kubrick was very much into putting subliminal messages into his films. He wanted to put symbols into his films which could be understood, or at least felt, by any audience member.

I think it's a testament to his craft that people are STILL debating the meaning and symbolism in his films. The fact people can watch say The Shining and come away with wildly different meanings is kind of unprecedented
>>
>>62771053
>Why would one riddle it with mircoscopic touches, symbolism and parallels when almost none of the films audience would ever notice?
Because he found joy in doing so.
He loved what he did as a craft, whether people will get it or like it is not important.
>>
because he was an autist and not having the details aligned with his imagination would give him extreme duress and anxiety.
>>
>mfw when all the posts in a Kubrick thread are legit

/tv/ is bretty gud today
>>
You have to be some sort of autist to be a genius
>>
>>62771134
This is a prime example why Kubrick is overrated by morons. The green table in Strangelove is a myth... It was tan, not green, there are color photos. Green photographs terribly in b&w.

How does it feel to be part of a decades long game of retard telephone?
>>
>>62771127
>>62771134
>>62771204
>>62771219
>>62771833
>>62771573
>>62771870

So. Much. Reddit.
>>
>>62772270
>So. Much.
spotted the true plebbitor
>>
>Frederic Raphael, who authored the Eyes Wide Shut script for Kubrick recalled that Kubrick once remarked that "Hitler was right about almost everything," and insisted that any trace of Jewishness be expunged from the "Eyes Wide Shut" script.
>Kubrick's bizarre relationship to his own ethnicity deeply troubled Raphael, a fellow Jew. Raphael was further puzzled over Kubrick's cryptic praise for Hitler, unable to decide if Kubrick was jesting.
>Raphael was equally puzzled by Kubrick's trashing of Schindler's List. After Raphael mentioned “Schindler’s List,” Kubrick replied: “Think that's about the Holocaust? That was about success, wasn't it? The Holocaust is about six million people who get killed. 'Schindler's List’ is about 600 who don’t."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_and_religious_beliefs_of_Stanley_Kubrick

>Hitler was right about almost everything
what did he mean by this
>>
People love watching autism at a safe distance.
>>
File: 3-600x400.jpg (42 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
3-600x400.jpg
42 KB, 600x400
>>62772192
>>
>>62772402
lol, look closely at the middle. That's Nixon.

You just quoted Watchmen, fag.
>>
>Oh lala la, look at me, im such a refined director xD I put complex puzzling things in my movie that nobody will ever be able to decode, wow the will discuss me forever omg i know so many le illuminati sekrets xDDDD

Just tell us what you mean you old kike, I hate those faggy directors who use "ambiguety" and wont reveal what happened. I'm looking at soprano homo director.
>>
>>62772418
>kubrickfag can't tell difference between jewbrick and snyder

topkek
o
p
k
e
k
>>
What's the meaning of green and red in EWS? They are overemphasized (I know it's set at christmas time), during the scene at the end where Ziegler talks to the main character, the image filter noticeably switches from a reddish hue to a more greenish one.
>>
This thread just ate my post, fuck this
>>
>>62772192
>decades long game of retard telephone
the fucking set designer said that it was green in 2005 what are you even talking about?
>>
>>62772631
>insists they can understand jewbricks uberhuman intellect
>can't use google

imgur.com/a/CAMwP

Stop kowtowing to reddit and educate yourself
>>
>>62772270
>punctuating like a redditor

Nice try faggot
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.