[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Circle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
WTF kind of bullshit movie was this? Did some college kid who took an ethics class right this nonsense? Jesus Christ this was a terrible movie.
>>
>>62770173
Let's See Your Screenplay OP
>>
>>62770181
Are you seriously trying to defend this crap? Did you really think this movie was good?
>>
>>62770173
write*
>>
>someone goes on an angry political rant
>gets killed
>people bitch at each other for 2 minutes
>someone else starts ranting
>repeat

I hate bad movies with interesting premises.
>>
>>62770173

Eh, good enough premise, minimalist, but they didn't do anything with it.

I enjoyed how they straight up kill the Muslim chick with no input, it almost felt like some redeeming self deprecation from such a shallow movie.

Then they just had to shit on it with aliens.

Still better than that horrible turd "the exam" I think it's called or that pretentious piece of shit known as "the signal"
>>
spoil it for me. premise reminded me of an awful movie with Sabina the Teenage Witch called Nine Dead.
>>
>>62770173
>>62770410
>>62770486
>>62770499

What would you have done in this situation. I hate to admit it, but I really think I would be the silent guy who doesn't vote.

I don't really subscribe to utilitarian ethics, I'm more deontological with a mix of virtue ethics. So I couldn't participate in killing off people, even if that means I'm might/will be next.
>>
>>62770486
>Circle better than Exam
You know what? You make me laugh!
>>
>>62770499

>50 people wake up standing in a circle
>every 2 minutes someone gets killed
>if they touch someone else or leave their spot they get killed
>they can each vote on who gets killed next
>person with most votes dies
>tiebreaker means revote, or they both die

>crowd somehow deduces that ayyliums are behind it
>they're purging earth and letting humans do the dirty work
>they decide this on no evidence except one guys testimony but it turns out to be true anyway because muh plot

>>62770410 happens
>everyone but ginger autist dies
>convinced everyone to let the pregnant chick and the little girl live
>betrays them at the last minute
>ends up back on earth with other people
>there's tons of flying saucers in the sky
>implying everyone on earth is doing the same elimination thing
>end

I would put these in spoilers, but it's a really bad movie and no one should waste their time with it.
>>
>>62770524

>save the doctors and skilled workers
>kill the druggies, criminals, and religious nut jobs
>save the little girl
>off self

No way am I living in an extraterrestrial dictatorship. Life ain't that great anyway.
>>
>>62770660
>save the doctors and skilled workers

Anyone could lie and say they are a doctor or a skilled worker.
>kill the druggies, criminals, and religious nut jobs
I'm pretty sure that's not a hard reduction given that many of the people still alive at the end were children.
>save the little girl
Why not save 2 lives instead of one?
>off self
sooner, or later?
>>
>>62770173
fuck you, i liked it
>>
>>62770871
Explain why? Explain why this movie is not philosophy or ethics 101 class?
It's just your classic lifeboat ethics story... but with aliens.

You would like shit.
>>
>>62770899
dunno
>>
>>62770970
It's some edgy college students wet dream that they fantasized about in college...

Have you been to college, or taken college courses? Because this shit is always discussed in one class or another dealing with utilitarian vs deontological ethics.
>>
>>62770998
sadly no
can you recommend any literature available on the subject?
>>
I put it on while doing dishes. It was fine that way. Did you really think it would be high art?
>>
>>62771030
>
>>
>>62771021
>pic related
It's the one I read in college, it goes into meta-ethics, the history of ethics, moral language, normative ethical theories, and applied ethics.

It's probably the best book you can get for an introductory lesson on ethics.
>>
>>62771071
dank
>>
>>62771064
good reply
>>
>>62771095
dank
>>
>>62770329
>Did you really think this movie was good?

I thought it was ok. They had a good mix of people in the room and it was interesting to see how the over lapping groups would interact due to who had higher numbers. Plus timing it wise it played out rather quickly.

no roaming around and having 10+ min between kills. It was tick tick tick vote, tick tick tick vote. Kept the pace up and forced people to keep talking and working their angles.

Down side of the film is that it really does seem more like a stage play then a movie.
>>
Yeah I watched it recently. It was good in the sense that, it was a minimalist set. But it was predictable. Seriously, every character was just a basic stereotype.

>Racist white business man
>Gangster thug who is a GANGSTER AND A THUG
>Upset black guy who pulls the racism card

The writing was terrible as well. Why didn't they try damaging the machine? No one ever thought to throw a fucking shoe at it or some piece of metal? OR ANYTHING? But that wasn't the point right?

I mean the cinematography was decent enough. But other than that it's a shit filled wannabe "make you think" film.

Also who says those humans died? They just got zapped and dragged away. That's something that really bothered me. They could have been knocked out.

It's a decent enough of film but it's shitty and it does it's message to an extreme.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.