[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soundtracks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Empire_strikes_back_old.jpg (398 KB, 1369x2125) Image search: [Google]
Empire_strikes_back_old.jpg
398 KB, 1369x2125
Hey, /tv/, what's the greatest movie soundtrack of all time?
I'm gonna go with The Empire Strikes Back
>>
>>62765890
That's one of my favorites too.

But my all time favorite soundtrack is Revenge of the Sith
>>
video related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRMnpbk4MYA
>>
>>62765890
You are definitely correct OP. I was just listening to this score yesterday and it is truly magical. If I'd never heard of Star Wars I'd probably still listen to it for hours
>>
>>62765890
Bernard hermann's vertigo
>>
Lawrence of Arabia
The Mission
Flash Gordon
Qatsi trilogy
>>
Goldsmith: ST-TMP
Goldsmith: Alien
Barry: The Black Hole
Williams: SW-ESB
>>
>>62766050
I'm not a big fan of the prequels and I honestly think it's his masterpiece.
>>
>>62766314
Not his best, but it is pretty great.

The scene in which he interweaves btw Padmes' funeral music and the very subtle Imperial March with Vader taking his place beside Sheev and realizing he's fucked up beyond all belief is amazing.
>>
>>62765890
A New Hope is better though. I mean, the Imperial March was a masterpiece, but I think overall ANH's soundtrack is better.
>>
>>62766480
ANH is good, but it's a little too bombastic and over the top at times. ESB is much more subtle and beautiful. A lot of Williams' scene transitions are amazing in ESB.
>>
>>62765890
LOTR ost
>>
>>62765890
The Shining OST is almost perfect, too. I can't imagine any other music working as well.
>>
>>62766683
REALLY good, what Shore did is some of the best work since the genre masters were in their primes in the 80's.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.