[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
your thoughts on this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: where_the_wild_things.jpg (45 KB, 615x339) Image search: [Google]
where_the_wild_things.jpg
45 KB, 615x339
your thoughts on this movie?
>>
meh
>>
>>62762407

>>62762407

Had to turn it off after the first part because it made me feel like too much of a bastard. Was in a similar situation as a boy.
>>
>>62762407
>tfw I auditioned for the role of the kid as a kid
>tfw I've never seen anything come of it

Didn't even get connections.
>>
>>62762512

You're underaged as fuck, then.
>>
>>62762528
he could just be some autistic manchild
>>
>>62762528
>>
>>62762407
Sendak approved every bit of it. People always seem to forget about that.

Honestly I think it's one of the greatest "kids" movies ever made, peak Miyazaki-tier stuff for real.

People who hate it for it's bleak tone simply don't get it. It was produced/approved by an artist turned writer who was at the end of his life and reflecting on the relationship between love, friendship, and the imagination in the face of the relentlessness of existence, and directed by one of the most quietly talented guys in the biz who was in the middle of another failing relationship. It's pretty bleak, but it's such a poignant piece of film.

One day, we'll talk about it in the same breath as the little prince
>>
>>62764069
>produced/approved by an artist turned writer who was at the end of his life and reflecting on the relationship between love, friendship, and the imagination in the face of the relentlessness of existence

What does that have to do with the film itself? It was overly, repetitively, claustrophobically bleak, and not artful enough to make it work. I like Jonze, this was a misfire.
>>
>>62764180
>overly, repetitively, claustrophobically bleak

>an artist turned writer who was at the end of his life and reflecting on the relationship between love, friendship, and the imagination in the face of the relentlessness of existence

Kinda sounds like it was everything it was meant to be desu senpai
>>
File: lesadnazi.png (6 KB, 327x270) Image search: [Google]
lesadnazi.png
6 KB, 327x270
>took my brother to this movie
>we're laughing and making fun of it the whole time probably annoyingly loud
>theater empty except for 2 other ppl
>wtf is this shit
>we're shitting on it as we leave
>walk out in front of the other two ppl
>turn around
>its james gandolfini and his son
>mfw
>>
Haven't seen it in a while, but when I was younger it was one of the first movies to make me feel genuinely sad on a deep level.
>>
>>62762407
The book was better.
>>
It's excellent. One of the best kid's movies in...a long fucking time.
>>
>>62762407
I remember I watched it as a kid, and just thinking it was weird but cool
>>
>>62764780
Did you tell him to CLOSE THE FUCKING DOOOOOOOOOOR
>>
I really love it, its the best movie about childhood.
>>
I brought a bunch of friends along to see this at the time, and they all gave me shit for coming out of the cinema all depressed.

...I liked it. But being gloomy is ofcourse my natural state.
>>
>>62764881
wtf m8 this came out in like '09, I was like 19 when this came out, how are you on the internet
>>
>based as fuck trailer with that song
>mediocre at best movie
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.