[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What message was Roth trying to convey with this movie? That
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 190x265
What message was Roth trying to convey with this movie? That no matter how idealistic you are, if two whores are battling for your cock, you're going to cave?

I can't believe I spent $7.99 to watch this.
>>
You actually paid for it? Why?
>>
>>62760776

There is no message, that why is shit. Also it's your own fault for spending money on this
>>
>>62760776
Don't trust a bitch
>>
File: 1439901886525.jpg (42 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1439901886525.jpg
42 KB, 500x281
>>62760776
>I spent $7.99 to watch this
>>
You basically paid $7.99 when the best bits are already webms?
>>
>movie takes 90 minutes to tell you that men think with their dicks

Thanks for the insight, hollywood. But if the movie was trying to convey any sort of feminist message it completely backfired. The women ruined his life for being nice to them. Now when a man sees a woman broken down on the side of the road he's going to have this in the back of his mind and is going to keep driving instead of helping her.
>>
>>62760776
>What message was Roth trying to convey with this movie?

Being faithful.

Go watch Fatal Attraction.

Exact same thing.
>>
>>62763458

Right? They pretty much had to rape him
>>
>>62760776
read an article where Roth said that he wanted to touch upon this idea of how media can destroy lives as in a person could accuse someone on social media over something and it could end up getting them fired, lose friends etc. Haven't seen the movie so i don't know how effectively it comes across
>>
>>62763605
extremely badly.....at the very end they put a video of him up on facebook that essentially shows him breing raped by them....this somehow gets across as him being a pedo/unfaithful/the-perpetrator-of-whatever and people seem to blame/accuse him of ...something. Somehow nobody seems to realize that he is indeed the victim (even though the video makes that more than obvious) and he acts like his life is finished, even though he is found buried neck deep in the backyard of his thrashed house with video evidence of what actually happened. It is an extremely badly written movie.
>>
>>62763458
Except that he will pick them up because he'd be thinking with his dick you idiot. You just contradicted yourself.
>>
The message is that Roth is basically shit even when remaking movies.
>>
The message is that only girls can be raped and not men
>>
I loved this movie. Granted I didn't have to pay for it. The movie was free pizza. Free fucking pizza. It gets better with multiple viewings.
>>
>>62765223

kek

I liked the beggining with Keanu getting seduced, is the a whole movie like this?
>>
The message is that good intentions can lead to disastrous consequences if you're not willing to go all the way with them. Meandering attempts at charity made by people that are truly dark in their hearts will lead only to disaster, so it's best to just be true to yourself.
>>
>>62765292
Watch the rest of it.
>>
>>62765374

Well I obviously wanna see the dude getting away with it mate
>>
>>62763984
All the video shows is him getting fucked by a chick in his daughter's school uniform.
>>
The message was basically that you shouldn't let strangers in even in the movie keanu says jokingly that he probably could take them if they tried something but then he gets restrained by those girls.
>>
Movie tried so hard to appeal to the facebook generation with lots of random internet references that felt out of place.
>>
It's a remake of an older movie that was based on a true story
>>
The message is only retards get married and humans were meant to be polygamous
>inb4 hurrr tru love
Judging by the divorce rate, few people actually find "tru love"
Don't get married and fuck lots of chicks
If you can't get lots of chicks, at least don't marry some bitch who cheats on you and takes half your money like a complete beta shithead.
>>
>>62767736
very loosely based on the original. This is as far from a true story as possible.
>>
>>62767736
>true story
dunno about that but here is "the message" from the original
>>
The message was that without God, man is doomed to give into the lustful advances of two whores.
>>
>>62767715
There were movie references as well.
>>
>>62767923
but the internet stuff was major theme, they constantly talked about popular social media sites and popular web services in general.

Another anon earlier said >>62763605 so I think it was part of the meaning of it all.
>>
>>62768030
Well you can't expect two hot young sluts to not talk about the internet really.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.