[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know in Toy Story 3 when Mr Potato Head puts his face bits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
You know in Toy Story 3 when Mr Potato Head puts his face bits on a tortilla and escapes? Really bothers me. Where is Mr Potato Head's consciousness located? Is he an assortment of bits? A swarm? Is he incorporeal? And the face bits are just the ritual objects which summon him into a host shell?

What if....oh my god...what if we pressed his face bits into a person? Does he possess them?

pic related: a demon in a potato shell
>>
Mr Potato Head is more of an abstract idea than a physical being
>>
The parts are a hivemind.
>>
File: 1409280671776[1].jpg (7 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
1409280671776[1].jpg
7 KB, 231x218
>>62757870
This
>MFW Andy's dad is dead because Woody sent Mr. potato head to posses his Dad to jump of the window.
>>
The potato is his chosen vessel. He can survive inside of others for a short time, but his true being must reside in the shell. Like those fish that can walk on land for a short time.
>>
File: 1350289736096.gif (369 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
1350289736096.gif
369 KB, 500x271
>>62757870
>>62757982
/tv/ stahp...
>>
>>62757870
every one of his parts is connected to a mass consciousness, all the parts share consciousness. this does mean that in order for the rest of the body to perceive what to do, it needs to be connected to the sensing parts-eyes, ears, etc
it's like how whenever someone whose head comes off and the body looks for it the head can go "hey over here" and the body somewhat understands where to go; and then when the body and the head are put back together, the movements are synched
>>
How far does toy consciousness really go?

Like how smashed would they be before they returned to non thinking plastic?
>>
>>62758041
I dunno, how smashed can a brain get before it loses its consciousness?
>>
>>62758010
Adding to this, it's likely multidimensional communication.

This was evident through Ms Potatohead's missing eye when she was spying on the Andy residence.
>>
>>62758071
Do toys have brains?
>>
File: 1432743854821.jpg (23 KB, 473x357) Image search: [Google]
1432743854821.jpg
23 KB, 473x357
WHAT IF MR POTATO HEAD PUTS HIS PARTS INTO ANOTHER POTATO HEAD DOLL?
>>
>>62757870
It's a hivemind. Parts can die but it can remain whole.5

When say, his ear, comes off, the ear remains apart of the entity while being separate from the body.
>>
>yfw mrs.potato head attaches Mr. potatoheads penis to her and ass fucks him.
>>
>>62757870
His consciousness rests in the potato, I think, but the bits and pieces allow him an extension. Remember the lost eye (I think it was Mrs. Potato Head's)? Still maintained visual contact. So it seems like he could potentially control a tortilla with his bits.

Then again, the original toy was just the bits. So it could be a swarm thing, yeah.
>>
fuckin reddit
>>
File: it-hurts-to-live.png (204 KB, 600x468) Image search: [Google]
it-hurts-to-live.png
204 KB, 600x468
>>62758343
How kinky do they get in bed?
>>
>>62758260
What if Andy played with them, took of every part and switched their potatoe bodies?
>>
what if he stuck his parts(eyes etc.) onto a car, would be be able to drive away?
>>
How does Woody's voice box work after like fifty years?
>>
>>62758558
>American Made
We built shit to last back in those days.
>>
>>62758558
How does Woody not remember Woody's round up if he was an old family toy?
>>
>>62758589
Then why is there no other Woody dolls left?
>>
If Buzz Lightyear doesn't believe he's a toy, why does he freeze when humans are nearby?
>>
>>62758614
Becayseu of tehe pariictsetiacy?
>>
Can Christians watch movies about animated toys? Isn't that like black magic?
>>
M͛̓́̓̀͏̭͇͍͕̮̣͔ͅr̻͚̦͇̻͐͋͊͊͊.̴̧̟͗ ͓̝̒̽P͔̩̣̲͙͕̹͈͑͒̿̾̇͞o̧̻͖̘̤̮͛̿̊̇ͭͫ̚t̳̦͓̹̯̠̀ͥͬa̛͇̲̬͍̱̰̬̜͇ͪͤ͛̎̾͘t͖͕̲̖͕̹̼̔̐͡o̡̘͖̼̫̜̬͐̐̂̍̇ͅ ̡̞͚̗̠ͯ̕H̡̯̻̲͌̈̑e̵͎̗̲̜͙̊͛̒̐ͤ̋̚á̢͕̩͇͕̔̽̏̈̔͛̇̾͞d̴̨̳̩͂̍͂ͬ̍͑̚
>>
>>62758669
Because everybody else is doing it.

Or toy instinct overrides his delusion.
>>
>>62758669
Because aliums.
>>
>>62758614
Asian collectors?
>>
>>62758464
He did.

During the TS2 intro they put their parts back.
>>
File: Leslie Nielsen.png (312 KB, 634x357) Image search: [Google]
Leslie Nielsen.png
312 KB, 634x357
>>62757982
>I've got a friend in you...
>I've got a friend in you...
>>
>>62758704
If the soul is inherent, it's not magic.

Unlike Indian In The Cupboard
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.