[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Expectations for the MST3K revival.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
File: photo-original.jpg (274 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.jpg
274 KB, 1024x768
Expectations for the MST3K revival.
>>
>>62757772
Like Rifftrax, but worse.
>>
>>62757772
I heard Felcia Day is the new mad scientist, which means I already hate it.
>>
It's gonna suck like Mallons souless web cartoons.
>>
>>62757807

This, it could only be as good as it used to if those guys agreed to come back also, and I really don't see that happening

I just hope they don't pick some "popular with the young crowd" person for the new host
>>
>no kevin
>no trace
>no mike

It's going to be shit. Joel may have come up with the concept but he was literally the worst and least talented of the entire cast.
>>
>>62757858
Felicia Day is rumoured to be in it.
It looks like they're going for the "Geek Culture" crowd
>>
>>62757971

>Starring Felicia Day as the mad and Wil Wheaton as the host!

I can see it now
>>
>new voices for Crow and Tom Servo
>no Mike
>Felicia Day as a mad
Of course Hodgson came up with this autistic idea.
>>
I'm okay with a new host and new Mad(s). I enjoyed both Joel and Mike, and I can see the reasoning behind both.

If Felicia Day is involved I'm okay with it.

But I hope the voices from that vid aren't the Bots' final voices. I mean, I'm okay with varying from my dream voices (Trace and Kevin) because the others in the original series (Josh and Bill) were also good, and I know it's just nostalgia for a specific period tainting my discomfort with change.

But at the same time, I feel like there's now a set "feel" for both voices, which the voices for the 'Bots in the original series followed (at least, after Servo's voice first changed to the deeper tone - wait, shit, did that happen in the KTMA episodes? My memory is failing me). And I just hope the new voices follow that.

>>62757952
I think he said that if things go well, they might come on for writing or cameos, right? Maybe? Hopefully?

I mean, it's not just him in a room with a TV.
>>
File: 1443487062918.jpg (30 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
1443487062918.jpg
30 KB, 500x359
>Josh Weinstein Servo

Ugh
>>
>>62758024
>tfw I now see this in OPs image
Fuck
>>
>>62757952

>no trace

wait has this been confirmed? I thought he might come back at least
>>
>>62757772
no reason for a movie, Rifftrax already does what MST3K did but better and lower budget.
>>
I'm cautiously optimistic. What's the worst that can happen? A bad show? So what? I'm not backing it but I'll give it a chance.

>>62758325
... No? Weinstein isn't in it at all.
>>
>>62758325
I liked his Servo more than I liked Erhardt, I can say that at least.
>>
>>62757839

>Fear watching this will make me like FDay
>>
>>62758376
I'd rather MST be left in the past
I'm saying that as someone who probably likes it to an autistic extent.
>>
>>62758359

It's already been confirmed. It was mentioned in an article I read online. Joel is the only person from the original series that is coming back. Everyone else either wasn't asked or refused to come back.

I honestly don't think anyone wants to work with Joel. It was rumored that there was a pretty nasty fight over the rights and that Joel burnt a lot of bridges. There's some bad blood between Joel and some of the old cast.
>>
>>62757839
Source?
>>
Nothing is sacred. MST3k should remain a golden relic from an age long passed. Fuck you Joel, Mike was always better than you.
>>
MST3K was only good because of Mike. Even when Joel was hosting the show, Mike was always the head writer. Without him the show sucks.

Also, nobody who is a fan of the show is going to accept the new voices. Especially if theyre the ones featured in the kickstarter promo.
>>
>>62758475
Was this before or after Cinematic Titanic, where he was working with pretty much everybody but the RiffTrax boys?
>>
>>62758024
I ... I would literally rather have someone shit on my chest than have this happen.

I just realized this. The idea of someone crouching over me, hands pulling their buttocks apart while I lay there awaiting my fate, that first tentative fart, the sphincter suddenly gaping open as the brownness protruded, slid out, and was pinched off before splattering on my chest ... I actually would prefer that over a Day/Wheaton scenario.
>>
If the rumors are true that it's Felicia fucking Day my heart will sink.

I don't know why Joel can't just say he got launched back into space, I'd watch it for Joel.

As long as we still have Rifftrax I'm happy though. Just watched them riff Missile to the Moon, funny shit.
>>
>>62757772
Now everyone can ignore it for a second time ! Hurray
>>
File: 1403496309360.gif (2 MB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
1403496309360.gif
2 MB, 275x200
Dear Christ, if the voices in the KS video are any indication, this shit needs to stay dead.

How does it already have 1.7M?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fucking hardcore MSTie, but no Kevin/Bill/Trace = no MST3k.
>>
>>62758743
same here, I would take one for the team
>>
>moving to LA
ugh
>"You can take the show out of Minnesota but you can't take the Minnesota out of the show"
I hope so.

Yeah it's gonna be ecelebs and liberals, so what as long as they don't try to be like Amy Schumer and smash the patriarchy every week? Bring the funny, that's all I ask.
>>
>>62759289
They're all going to be invited, but if they don't want to do it it'll still be MST3K. They have the right to continue doing there own thing. It'd be different if Joel was going to be another Jim and try to relaunch it without anyone and making sure noone sees a dime but himself
>>
>>62757772
Future mad should be Brad Jones the cinema snob.
>>
>>62759289
I'm not sure how you figure it needs to "stay dead". If you don't like it you don't have to watch it. Maybe other people will enjoy it.
>>
>>62759776
Just because you slap the same name on something and throw in the same premise doesn't make it the same fucking thing.
>>
It could be good if they get someone new to riff instead of Joel.
>>
File: 1284782472318.gif (1003 KB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1284782472318.gif
1003 KB, 280x210
Wait no Mike? Nope don't care, Joel was always boring as fuck.
>>
File: 340x.gif (462 KB, 330x185) Image search: [Google]
340x.gif
462 KB, 330x185
>>62759709

This.
>>
>all new cast
can't wait for a 20-something youtuber with sidecut and cursive writing tattoos to run around screaming "WE GOT MOVIE SIGN"
>>
There might have been a time when this could have worked.

Before the bad blood -- and it seems like there is some.

Before everyone went off and did their own thing.

Before they lost momentum and enough people to make it work.

I mean, Joel's coming back around to the idea because he hasn't done FUCK ALL that's successful since. And he's tried. If he had a brain in his head, he'd get Mike on board, stat, but he's apparently the one guy who was specifically uninvited to the party.

Felicia Day isn't funny in any shape, fashion, or form. She'll have to have everything handed to her.

And I say this as a guy who regularly buys the box sets, every time they come out: I won't be buying this crap.
>>
>>62757772
I thought it was pretty cool until I heard Felicia Day was gonna be in it. This woman tries way too hard to be relevant, she looks like a 40 year old camel
>>
>>62760465
SPECIAL GUEST: AMANDA PALMER

Gypsy has problem glasses and clown-puke hair.
>>
>>62760597
>AMANDA PALMER
well I'm fucking sold now
>>
File: amanda-palmer.jpg (67 KB, 898x701) Image search: [Google]
amanda-palmer.jpg
67 KB, 898x701
>>62760688
Amanda Fucking Palmer leans over the keyboard, armpit hair discreetly peeking through the holes in her tanktop as she begins to play the MST3k theme.

In the not too distant future
away from Gamergate
apart from the patriarchy
and all the men who hate ...
>>
>>62760832
>Neil Gaiman appears in the background
>This is but Dream, you are floating in space and thought
>>
>>62761261
Another special guest ... Wil Wheaton!

"I just got back from sucking my wife's juices off of Nathon Fillon's dick -- it's the only time I'm allowed to taste them -- and boy is my neck tired!"

Felicia Day queefs and Wheaton looks like a golden retriever with his first erection. She smiles viciously and says, "Hey, let's watch your scenes that were cut from Nemesis!" He sags noticeably.

Seriously, though, tonight we'll be riffing on themes of gender in your film Mr. Stitch! Time for some gender essentialist takedown, WHOO!
>>
>>62760832

>talking about gamer gate

Hi /v/eddit!
>>
>>62758475

You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. The MST crew has mended their bridges (pretty much) and have done panels together. Joel hasn't asked any of the original staff back yet because he wants to secure funding first. That's no guarantee that they'll do it but no one is being intentionally kept out, he just wants to make sure has a show first.
>>
$2 million for 3 episodes? Claiming most of it is to get the show up and running is bullshit when they probably started the show initially on less than $1k.
>>
>>62762096
Most of the people who worked on the old show got shit pay. Nobody complained because that's not very Minnesota.

The new season is being made in LA, which means UNIONS.
>>
File: felicia-day-zelda.jpg (43 KB, 772x416) Image search: [Google]
felicia-day-zelda.jpg
43 KB, 772x416
Compare and contrast with ...
>>
File: zelda-1.gif (334 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
zelda-1.gif
334 KB, 500x280
>>62762467
NEVER GET OUT OF BED AGAIN
NEVER GET OUT OF BED AGAIN
>>
are amerilards the only degenerates in the world that spend their disposable income in this evil thing called "crowd funding"?
>>
If Joel brings in the Cinematic Titanic crew has potential, otherwise going to suck.
>>
>>62762096
I'm guessing a large chunk of that is going to be secure the rights to the movies they riff.
>>
File: day-and-wheaton.jpg (38 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
day-and-wheaton.jpg
38 KB, 640x360
Prepare your anus.

We could demand they riff only episodes of TNG that Wesley was in.
>>
File: Cotton Hill.jpg (810 KB, 1297x977) Image search: [Google]
Cotton Hill.jpg
810 KB, 1297x977
>>62759323

thanks senpai tbqh
>>
File: 1370682061752.gif (2 MB, 330x218) Image search: [Google]
1370682061752.gif
2 MB, 330x218
>>62758024
I never thought I could imagine something than those last 2 seasons of Eureka where it turned into a Felicia Day and Wil Wheaton circlejerk
>>
>>62757772
No real Bot voices, so the delivery is going to be jarring and off putting. Mike, the head writer and a major reason the show was funny isn't there but Joel whose riffs without writing were weak is, so the jokes will fall flat. The mad will not be funny. The host will be serviceable but nothing special. Invention exchange will return, but it won't be as funny without multiple creative inputs.
>>
Daily reminder that Mike was the better host and the riffing chemistry was better with him there.
>>
>>62757839
Why?
>>
ITT: paranoid misogynistic conspiracy theories
>>
>>62763322
>real Bot voices
Except each bot already had multiple voice actors. (Although Kevin's run on Tom Servo will always be definitive)
>Mike, the head writer and a major reason the show was funny isn't there
No one is there yet, Joel is just securing funding now then will invite previous writers to join in. But this is also going to be all new writers as well, something the show has also always had going on. No, Mike will not be Head Writer, and that's a big minus, but it doesn't mean that there might not be other good talent involved.
>Invention exchange will return
I doubt this. This was very much a Joel doing Joel's old standup thing, and don't think a new host would be expected to do it even with Joel returning behind the scenes.
>>
>>62763656
Joel pls
>>
>>62759709
Not a bad choice actually.
>>
>>62763619
Don't worry, little friend!

Each episode will have a Misogyny Corner just for your concerns! The Mads will help annotate each film and point out where it hates women.
>>
I was born in 1995, wtf is this?
>>
>>62764145
This is what nerds watched before youtube.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.