[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>say it again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: n4u.png (434 KB, 727x619) Image search: [Google]
n4u.png
434 KB, 727x619
>say it again
>>
File: S T A G E D.webm (2 MB, 889x500) Image search: [Google]
S T A G E D.webm
2 MB, 889x500
Staged For You general.
>>
>>62757054
it's fantastic
>>
>>62757142
he's being a much bigger dick this season.
>>
>>62757173
He's becoming a true alpha.
>>
I love you
>>
>nathan finally has his own meme
YES!
>>
>>62757142

Nobody really gives a fuck if it's staged or not, because it's funny. Stop being such an autist.
>>
>>62757142
A L P H A
L
P
H
A
>>
File: doesabodygood.jpg (173 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
doesabodygood.jpg
173 KB, 1920x1080
Are you scared, /tv/?
>>
>>62757404
Is it really staged? I don't wanna believe because nathan is so based. somebody redpill me
>>
>>62758730
The core actors are scripted with room for ad lib, but most of the random people in each episode are not.

There's no way Nathan hasn't been put in the hospital for some of the stuff he's done.
>>
>>62758730
The plates change between takes.
That's all you need to know.
>>
>>62758789
The only scripted people are the ones he brings back again who know what's going on (Security Guard, Felon Santa Clause).

Nathan said in his AMA they are very selective on who they pick to For You. He said they're either really stupid, or really desperate for money. He also said some people pick up on what's happening and go along with it.
>>
>>62758730
No, just a meme going around because of this clip >>62757142. The plate he smashes is different from the plate he originally picked up, but you can tell it's the second one from the top of the stack in the first shot. Shitposters have latched onto this as irrefutable proof that everything in the show is completely staged or scripted, but more than likely it was a second take when the first plate wouldn't break or a perhaps a more affordable plate.
>>
>>62758872
This desu senpai. Nathan admitted years ago the show is heavily edited, just like any reality show.

Editing for time/better takes =/= fake
>>
>>62757142
>Staged

That's show business for you pal. Stay vigilant.
>>
>>62758872
>nathan is big enough to attract shitposters
we made it, /nfyg/
>>
>>62758872
Look at how effortlessly the plate breaks. It was a prop plate used for TV. Plates don't completely shatter like that.

I don't think it's proof that the whole show is fake but it's stupid to deny that there isn't some degree of planning and production that goes into parts of each episode. It's not 100% organic.
>>
>>62758909
Editing stuff out is fine, but doing something multiple times inherently means that it is fake.
>>
>>62758967
feels good
>>
>>62758995
>but doing something multiple times inherently means that it is fake.
Literally how?

I'll admit that scene is a little sketchy, but it's far more likely to just be sloppy editing than a ITS ALL FAKE!!! reveal.
>>
>>62758982
Yes, but if that had been the plan originally why would he not just have grabbed that one to begin with? It makes no sense to break shot consistency with two wildly different looking plates if he had not intended to break the first plate at all. Probably had that fake one there just in case he couldn't get the real one to easily shatter.
>>
>>62759061
If you do a take multiple times, then the second time you do it the people are going to know what is going to happen. If the person knows there will be multiple takes, their reaction isn't genuine to begin with. Literally how do you not understand this?
>>
>>62759144
How do you know she knew they were going to do multiple takes when he first picked up a plate? How does knowing what's about to happen prevent you from having a reaction to what happens? Her reaction to it was a blank stare and a chuckle when he laid down money after shattering it. That seems like a genuine reaction to me.

You're making a whole lot of assumptions there, Anon. Can you tell me what my kid will look like in 15 years?
>>
>>62757054
is there a YouTube clip of the scene?
>>
>>62757142
>a comedy show is staged
Get the fuck out of here with your radical ideas.
>>
>>62759144
How do you know they didn't use her first reaction with his second plate smash?
>>
>>62759336
ugly
>>
>>62757054
Worst episode of the entire series. Only redditors spam this scene it wasn't even that funny
>>
>>62760478
It was quality cringecore. You clearly don't know anything about comedy.
>>
>2015
>believing television is not scripted
top lel
>>
>>62757142
i cant fucking see the webm it's black screen
>>
>>62760478
It's easily one of the best. The plan is a great comedic premise and it leads to an amazing critique on art and has some of the most perfectly constructed scenes in the series.
>>
>>62760952
Stop being a filthy phonefag then.
>>
>>62757054
... again
>>
>>62758789
>There's no way Nathan hasn't been put in the hospital

Great smoking gun you got there
>>
>>62757142

edited =! staged
>>
File: 1447002657599.jpg (6 KB, 252x260) Image search: [Google]
1447002657599.jpg
6 KB, 252x260
>>62758690
Thanks for the kek dude
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.