[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's the real mastermind behind South Park? Matt or Trey?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: 144755445573549.jpg (99 KB, 250x381) Image search: [Google]
144755445573549.jpg
99 KB, 250x381
Who's the real mastermind behind South Park?

Matt or Trey?
>>
>>62756005
I always get the names mixed up.
The not Jewish one.
>>
Trey embodies more of the South Park ethos, I think.
His voice is very important to the show. His literal voice and how he uses it, I mean.
He is also on more of the production credits as writer, director, whatever.

Both funny guys who have similar sense of humour, but I think Trey is better at putting that sense of humour to work.

Trey is one of my favourite people in the world.

Matt is probably a top funny writer, but the presentation of South Park, the presentation of the comedy, seems to come mroe from Trey's style.
>>
>>62756376
I should add: if you listen to the commentary, there are some in which Trey seems to claim pretty much soul credit for the storyline of some episodes.
Although Matt has probably thought of some SP episodes pretty much singlehandedly, too/

I wish I could hand them a list of my favourite episodes and see if one of them more than the other is responsible for them.
>>
From what I understand Trey is the main creative one of the duo while Matt handles the business side of things that Trey admits he's not too good at.

They both need eachother, regardless.
>>
The one with bad hair
>>
trey writes all the episodes
>>
Trey is the one with the ideas, Matt is the one who makes them work.
Though their personalities are reverse...Trey is fairly rational and Matt's an anarchist.

They make a good team either way.
>>
South Park hasn't been funny in ages, so I don't know. Neither?
>>
Trey is the sweet one Matt is the sour one.
>>
>>62756640
Look at the edge this guy is carrying
>>
South Park is NWA

Trey is Ice Cube

Matt is Eazy E
>>
>>62756658
How is it edgy?
Sorry I don't find modern South Park, aka "We lampoon the current hot topic of the week" funny any longer
>>
>>62756005
Matt is the Eggman, Trey is the Walrus.
>>
>>62756005
Trey

/thread
>>
trey writes and directs all the episodes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_South_Park_episodes
>>
>>62756653
Anne's a bitch.
>>
>>62756680
no one asked for your opinion on the show.
i can smell the reddit on you through my screen. maybe you'll have better luck with your weak ass bait there
>>
>>62756490
This. Pretty much seen and listened to every interview and commentary they've ever done and they both have talked about this dynamic being the case. Trey isn't into confrontation but is obviously the more creative one and has done all the music without Matt. He's also said he would never be able to do any of this without Matt. I'd guess it's like 75/25 for Trey over Matt on the creative side and vice versa for the business side
>>
>>62756680
I agree with this guy, but you still fucking know who they are, faggot. That's why that anon was making fun of you
>>
>>62756005
Trey
Hands down Trey.
>>
>>62756680
Safe Space and Youre Not Yelping is GOAT anon.
>>
>>62756005
if you mean
>who does butters?
its matt. trey is the genius
>>
>>62756005
The police union
>>
>>62756005
Trey is mostly responsible for the Book of Mormon, so Trey.
>>
>>62756542
>balding
or
>kike-fro
You'll need to be more specific
>>
Trey is the Walt to Matt's Roy
>>
You can stop speculating. These are the correct answers
>>62757553
>>62756490
>>
>>62756005

Cheff's voice.

It went on decline after they started making fun of scientology.
>>
>>62758806
>Tom Cruise pls leave
>>
neither. it's the animators that have somehow maintained a stable job for 19 years by visualizing the shitty political opinions of two potheads.
>>
>>62759025
>being this far off
You sound like a bitter 50 yr old that never gave it a chance
>>
>>62756005
Is that a rare Trey Parker?
>>
>>62761631
OP was too lazy to find one of countless pics of them together
>>
>>62761631
That's Matt stone without the fro
>>
>>62756490
The kike handles business, wow didnt see that one coming.
>>
>>62756005

Trey is beyond a doubt the spirit, mind and voice behind South Park. Matt is just along for the ride, but Matt has his own share of functions that have helped Trey along over the last two decades.
>>
>>62762786
I like how you're making your own reality. You could just go by their own word which also just makes complete sense too
>>62756490
>>62757553
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.