[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /tv/ think of this? I don't know what to think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: the-great-gatsby-2012.jpg (61 KB, 600x387) Image search: [Google]
the-great-gatsby-2012.jpg
61 KB, 600x387
What did /tv/ think of this? I don't know what to think

feeling pretty sad t b h
>>
Thought I would hate it and it actually won me over.

All DiCaprio, of course.

Don't be sad OP - it's basically telling the story of why America thinks itself so awesome while secretly knowing it's all a big lie.
>>
>>62752621
i really thought it would have a happy ending i guess that's why

i got tricked :^)
>>
It was good. I didn't like the modern day nigga music.
>>
>>62752585
It was pretty good and stylish. The modern day music is a strange addition but otherwise it's an underrated adaptation
>>
>>62752585
OST is fucking stupid, but aside from that its pretty good desu.
>>
Worst Baz movie to date. DiCaprio's acting is a joke as always.
>>
>>62752585
>Hip Hop soundtrack

Absolutely fucking garbage
>>
>>62753907
yeah i found that strange
>>
>>62752585

Really fucking hated it. I didn't even care about the soundtrack because everything else was so bad. Like that scene where Myrtle get's slapped and it zooms out of the apartment to show a guy against the moon playing the alto sax. Like, wtf were they thinking?

The acting was awful too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVpQ5mtFVB4
Was that their first take? Just fucking terrible.

The only good part of the movie is the story and thats because its taken from the book. I'll admit that I'm a sucker for Gatsby and did gain some enjoyment from the movie but only because its a movie about The Great fucking Gatsby.

The Robert Redford version was way better.
>>
>>62752585
I thought it was corny. Didn't even make it to the end.
>>
>>62754356
I don't think that Baz or whatever his name is has literally directed a good film in his life. There were weird beats, terrible use of music, ugly sets and cinematography, hammy dialogue and it was too glitzy. What a piece of shit.
>>
>>62752585
I genuinely love it. One of my favorite movies. The art direction, visuals and acting literally took my breath away. Plus, it introduced me to "Young and Beautiful" as well as "Heart's a Mess," now two of my favorite songs.

I do agree with >>62753067 >>62753907 >>62754241 >>62753830 >>62753775 that all the other songs sans the film score took me out of it. I mean, Lana and Gotye at least put in songs that were either emotionally impactful or at least had a jazzy/blues influence. Everything else was garbage.
>>
>>62755633
>acting literally took my breath away
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVpQ5mtFVB4
>>
>>62755913
Okay, I'll admit, that could have used work.
>>
I really didn't like ti. Leonardo did a good job I guess, but it couldn't salvage the movie as a whole. It felt so...bland. There was nothing impressive about it. Towards the end I just shut it off.

Never read the book, though. How true is the movie to its source material?
>>
>>62752585
I honestly can't remember if I watched it. I feel like I did, but I can't visualize a single scene. I guess it means it sucked balls.
>>
File: 1409320994883.jpg (45 KB, 319x403) Image search: [Google]
1409320994883.jpg
45 KB, 319x403
>>62752585
Turned it off when I heard rap music, so after the first few seconds
>>
>>62752585
Fucking garbage

Not even a highschooler (gatsby is the entriest of entry level) but to adapt literature to film is to mute an entire medium. It ruins it. Imagine adapting Ulysses or The Sound and the Fury.

Oh, and the soundtrack is horrible.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.