[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any Star Trek ship can beat any Star Wars ship easily.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 24
File: tj_defiant_final.jpg (225 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
tj_defiant_final.jpg
225 KB, 1600x1200
Any Star Trek ship can beat any Star Wars ship easily.
>>
>>62751838
ok
>>
File: Raven.jpg (25 KB, 432x243) Image search: [Google]
Raven.jpg
25 KB, 432x243
>>62751838
>any ship

that's a silly fucking thing to say. Yes, the ships of the dominant Galactic powers in Trek are more powerful than the ships of the Rebels and Empire in Wars, but there's also a bunch of civilian freighters and medical ships and science vessels and shitty civilizations that just figured out warp drive.

You also need to take into account that ships like Klingon Birds-of-Prey generally aren't maintained for shit and are closer to scrapyard pirate vessels than working ships of the line.
>>
Would the Borg even bother assimilating Star Wars universe tech?
>>
>>62751838
>
>>
Star Wars has the tech to destroy first planets, and now apparently entire solar systems.

It took the Enterprise, the most advanced ship of the Federation, two hours of continuous fire just to drill a tiny whole into a planet's mantle.

I love Star Trek more, but Sci-Fantasy > Technobabble
>>
>>62752408
>most advanced ship in the empire
>destroyed by a 50 year old mothballed x-wing fighter

2 photon torpedoes from Kirk's Enterprise would rip apart the most advanced ship the Empire has
>>
>>62751838
>implying the Defiant could do the Kessel Run in anything under 15 parsecs
>>
>>62752337
They wouldn't, they don't have a death wish
>>
>>62752408
The two vessels were built for entirely different purposes.
>>
>>62751838

maybe.

but all the star wars ships look cooler.
>>
True
>>
>>62752448
The Enterprise would be destroyed by a Star Destroyer, son
>>
>>62752543
>Implying there's a single SW vessel that could be as iconic as the Enterprise.
>>
1 Q vs All Jedi and Sith
Who would win lads?
>>
>>62752568

see

>>62752567
>>
>>62752591
This is b8

>>62752608
>>62752567
>They don't have shields

[citation needed]
>>
>>62752591

.....Serious?
>>
>>62752639
It's b8, don't bite
>>
File: DSI_hdapproach.png (495 KB, 768x720) Image search: [Google]
DSI_hdapproach.png
495 KB, 768x720
>>62752591

No.
>>
>>62752594
One Q would wipe out every Jedi and Sith with one thought. Not even a contest
>>
>>62752337
No but the diversity of all those alien races. Assimilating those with a great knowledge of the force and then sharing it with every force sensitive person they've assimilated so they all have the knowledge of high ranking Jedi and Sith. Lightsabers built into arms with the rest of the attachments. The Borg collective can now functionally predict the future making their conquest of the rest of the galaxy that much more efficient.
>>
>>62752639
>>62752666
This is what it looks like to fall flat on your face trying to prove a point.
>>
>>62752567
Those two globes next to the star destroyers bridge are shield generators>>62752567
>>
>>62752680

Nah. We don't even know if the Q have any powers, all of that shit they supposedly did could be simple mind hypnosis tricking people into thinking that they were godlike
>>
>>62752448
I think you missed the part where Luke's torpedoes started a chain reaction from an impossible shot that could only be made with space magic.

>>62752531
Doesn't at all change the fact that Star Wars technology is on a whole different level

>>62752567
Star Wars has shield technology. I think you may have missed the part where Admiral Calamari had the entire Rebel fleet focus their fire on the capital ship to disable its shields. Or when Han and the teddy bears assaulted the temporary shield generator on Endor. Or the droids from the prequels with personal shields.
>>
I'm almost certain that Star Wars ships are much faster. Star Trek ships are still stuck in the Milky Way galaxy.
>>
>>62752729
Star Wars ships are stuck in their own galaxy as well. A galaxy far, far away
>>
>>62752729
Star Trek ships are all trapped in a single quadrant of the Milky Way.
>>
>>62752729
The fastest speed in the SW universe is lightspeed. ST has warp which is faster than light
>>
>>62752716
I hope this is b8
>>
File: Hyperspace_HomeOne.jpg (2 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Hyperspace_HomeOne.jpg
2 MB, 1920x816
>>62752794

Hyperspace dummy
>>
>>62752337
>Borg Jedi

Hope the enterprise doesn't have any exhaust tubes on it
>>
>>62752794
Literally where did you pull that out of your ass.

They refer to it as Hyperdrive, and they traverse and trade throughout an entire galaxy in what seems like hours.

It takes over 70 years just to travel the Alpha Quadrant in Star Trek. And that's at maximum warp. You aren't allowed to go maximum warp because it pollutes space or some gay leftist shit.
>>
>>62752716
http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Q_%28species%29
>>
Technologically the only thing Star Trek has that beats Star Wars is medicinal. Lifespans can reach into the two hundreds in Star Trek. Yet after thousands of generation of traveling their own galaxy Star Wars citizens still age like humans who haven't left their home planet.
>>
>>62752694
No bites
>>
>>62752991
Except u.
>>
>>62752922
That and transporters.

Transporters are a pretty retarded concept desu though.
>>
File: dam son.jpg (103 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
dam son.jpg
103 KB, 640x640
>>62752337
>borg with the force
>>
Stargate > any other Starshows
debate me
>>
File: STvsSW.jpg (35 KB, 540x386) Image search: [Google]
STvsSW.jpg
35 KB, 540x386
>>
>>62753188

Wouldn't work. Anakin lost most of his force powers when his biological bits were replaced with cybernetics.
>>
>>62753014
That's not a bite, son. I'm just yanking to prove it. People who go through the Snow Dog Challenge know what to do in these scenarios
>>
>>62753188
[worried laughter]

>>62753233
This to be honest family
>>
Trekkies, I hope my posts haven't offended you. I think that, despite our disagreements, SW fans and ST fans can unite against our TRUE enemy: anime.
>>
>>62751838

>implying all of Star Trek won't get BTFO by the death star
>>
>>62753228
this tbqh people I'm related to
>>
>>62752408
Star trek has far more powerful technology through technobabble.
subspace weapons.jpg

Not to mention how completely fucking overpowered phaser and disruptor technology is.
A standard federation shuttle could rek a fleet of star destroyers, fuck, probably even death stars. Just due to the nature of their technology.

>>62753241
The Borg are pretty smart, they could probably figure out a way to harness and amplify the force.
>>
>>62752567
>they don't have shields
>stop screen from tv, bottom from movie
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>62753321

>implynig SW animu isn't GOAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
>>
>>62753350

this.

lol at people thinking Star Trek can even hold a candle to SW
>>
>>62751838
probably.
>>
"no"

Star Trek is hamstrung by the fact that it operates within the realm of plausibility. Star Wars weaponry is literally several orders of magnitude more powerful than anything in Star Trek.
>>
>>62753369
>Not to mention how completely fucking overpowered phaser and disruptor technology is.
>A standard federation shuttle could rek a fleet of star destroyers, fuck, probably even death stars. Just due to the nature of their technology.

I love me some Star Trek, but literally what are you talking about.
>>
stars wars greatest display of power is a super weapon capable of destroying an entire planet, build by an empire stretching across the galaxy with near infinite resources

in star gate they accidently destroy solar systems all the time
>>
>>62752448
>50 year old mothballed x-wing
You mean the advanced replacement for TIE fighters stolen by the rebels like, 15 years before the OT took place?
>>
>>62753512
>in star gate they accidently destroy solar systems all the time

Read up on the Suncrusher senpai
>>
>>62753493
>Star Trek is hamstrung by the fact that it operates within the realm of plausibility.
You know all those parts where Geordie talks about re-calibrating the deflector dish to polarize the tachyon emissions and create a subspace distortion that well reverse the graviton particles?

It literally just said [tech stuff] in the scripts. They made all of that up on the spot.
>>
>>62753498
>star wars is basicaly 1960s technology on steroids
>star trek is space magic through technobabble

>oh look they have lasers
>navigation deflector.jpg
>oh look they have rudimentary shields
>remodulate the phasers
>>
>>62752720
>an impossible shot
Hitting a 2 meter target is possible with 1970s technology.
>>
That's a good one. Star Trek is barely a type 2 civilization if that. Star Wars has been type 3 for 250000 years at least. They also have magic.
>>
>>62753564
>It literally just said [tech stuff] in the scripts. They made all of that up on the spot.

no they didn't if you ever read or watched a documentary on star trek you would know they hired scientists to tell them on which projects they think the science would be working in the next years, thus envision a scientifically plausible elements of the future.
>>
>>62753594
>star trek is space magic through technobabble
Star Wars actually HAS space magic...

>oh look they have lasers
They don't. It's supercharged plasma.

>navigation deflector.jpg
levarburtonface.png

>oh look they have rudimentary shields
What makes you believe they're rudimentary? There's only two ways to bypass shields in Star Wars canon. Slow moving objects, and a fuckton of sustained fire. That's also how you bypass shields in Star Trek. So we have to assume their shield technology is on the same level.
>>
>>62753682
It's possible with Stone Age technology.
>>
>>62753564
Be that as it may, it takes like 140 years at maximum warp to traverse the galaxy in Star Trek. (70 years for alpha quadrant x 2)

It takes TWO DAYS to travel from the core to the rim in Star Wars via hyperspace lane.

That means 4 days from one side of the rim to the other.

4 days vs 140 years. Both the Milky Way and a Galaxy Far Far Away are 100,000 light years in diameter.

Star Trek doesn't stand a chance.
>>
>>62753564
It's nowhere near the realm of possibility ever. At least Star Wars doesn't pull new types of radiation out of it's ass every two minutes.
>>
>>62753725
Technobabble (also known as Treknobabble) is a moniker describing the pseudo-scientific terminology of Star Trek. On Star Trek: The Next Generation, some of the actors dubbed it "Piller-filler" after executive producer Michael Piller. (Captains' Logs: The Unauthorized Complete Trek Voyages, p. 252) According to Piller, the latter term originated with Brent Spiner, whose character of Data gave many techobabble speeches. Writers would frequently write "(TECH)" in draft scripts.

Straight off the wiki article for Technobabble. Frakes also explained this in the promo documentary for All Good Things...

Sit the fuck down, nerd.
>>
>>62753727
>They don't. It's supercharged plasma.

Those are shrugged off by the nav deflector array as well. I remember an episode where a lower civilization threatened to use plasma weapons and they didn't even consider it a threat.

>What makes you believe they're rudimentary? There's only two ways to bypass shields in Star Wars canon. Slow moving objects, and a fuckton of sustained fire. That's also how you bypass shields in Star Trek. So we have to assume their shield technology is on the same level.
What makes you believe they aren't? Everything else is centuries behind, just inflated.
>>
Star Trek technology isn't consistent episode to episode or even close.
>>
>>62753817
>I remember an episode where a lower civilization threatened to use plasma weapons and they didn't even consider it a threat.
That civilization also didn't even have FTL, shields, or fucking hailing frequencies.

Not to mention Star Wars turbonerds have crunched numbers and determined that a blast from a Star Destroy has the same joules as a nuclear blast. Now remember these ships fire those off in rapid fucking succession. Star Trek would be lucky if their shields withstood even a single hit

>What makes you believe they aren't?
Because every single thing we've seen relating to them is exactly the same as Star Trek's. If you believe Star Wars has rudimentary shields than you have to say the same for Trek.
>>
>>62753785
>"(TECH)" in draft scripts
>draft scripts
>draft
>>
>>62752922
Holodecks > any Star Wars tech
>>
>>62754341
>masturbation chamber more impressive than traversing an entire galaxy in under 2 days
We've reached critical /tv/ with this post
>>
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/star-trek-star-wars-technologically-advanced/
>>
File: dukat.jpg (23 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
dukat.jpg
23 KB, 400x397
>Empire top tier technology
>rekt by some furry midgets with spears and shit
>can't teleport
>their war strategy in the Clone Wars was CHAAAAAAAARGE

I doubt a serious military man like Dukat or Sisko would have problems annihilating those fucking retards.
>>
>>62752408
The Alpha Quadrant powers could each level a planet's surface with a large enough fleet. In DS9, a combined Cardassian-Romulan fleet of just 20 ships was considered more than adequate to eradicate life on the Founders' Homeworld. Exploding an entire planet is an unnecessary waste of resources.
>>
This topic has inspired more ugly internet arguments than Israel and Palestine.
>>
File: negh'var.jpg (568 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
negh'var.jpg
568 KB, 1280x720
>>62755391
Never mind technology mate. US had technology on its side in Korea and Vietnam, Russia had it in Afghanistan. They lost, while boasting competent, able commanders. Most Star Trek generals/leaders are not only competent, but brilliant, while Star Wars leaders were bordering retardation for the most part.
Picture this, a combined fleet of 50 Cardassian, Federation, Klingon and Romulan warships lead by Dukat against 50 Star Destroyers lead by any Jedi Councilman or Grievance or whoever. Who do you think would win?
>>
>>62754404
I kind of agree with that but the "masturbation chamber" is taking coded data and rearranging photons to make solid objects with a computer so advanced that the things it creates actually think they're alive. And that's not even including mobile holo emitters that were like 31st century borg technology modified to work with Voyagers Holomatrix.

It's like saying the food replicator is about as useful as a tea pot.
>>
>>62752408
>It took the Enterprise, the most advanced ship of the Federation, two hours of continuous fire just to drill a tiny whole into a planet's mantle.

That's because they had to be REALLY careful
to drill the hole in just the PERFECT spot WITHOUT destroying the planet.
>>
>>62753958
>Not to mention Star Wars turbonerds have crunched numbers and determined that a blast from a Star Destroy has the same joules as a nuclear blast. Now remember these ships fire those off in rapid

Star trek laughs at nuclear weapons.
>>
>>62752729

Star Wars ships are stuck in one galaxy too.

Actually, 40% of SW galaxy is completely unexplored.
>>
>>62753233

I love how all this Stormtroopers bullshit comes from RotJ. They were effective in first two movies.

Then fucking Ewoks happen.
>>
>>62756138
They still did miss A LOT in the first two films but yeah Ewoks made them look like Bitches.
>>
>>62755513
Considering that the average Star Wars ship is twice the size of your average Star Trek ship, I dont see them winning.
>>
>>62756107
They aren't stuck in one galaxy. I have just rewatched The Empire Strikes Back and some admiral told Vader that the millenium falcon might have escaped to another galaxy while they were looking for them.
>>
>>62756107
I must be blind...where is the Yevethan space, you know, the Koornacht Cluster...I can't find it.
>>
>>62756361
No matter what your gf told you when you caught her in bed with some pipe swinging mother fucker, size doesn't always matter. Not in space battles I'd imagine anyway.
>>
>>62756361
You ever watch Star Trek, my nigga? Hand phasers alone can vaporize walls of solid rock in one shot. Hand phasers. The little pistols. Not the rifles. Definitely not ship to ship phasers. Hand phasers.
>>
>>62753061

True. Though I suspect Lucas stayed away from transporters because he was worried about getting sued. He was already using variations on warp drives and energy shields in Star Wars, and even mentioned cloaking devices in Empire Strikes Back.

Adding teleportation machines would have likely got him a court summons from Paramount.
>>
File: HeavyCorvette.jpg (781 KB, 3000x1800) Image search: [Google]
HeavyCorvette.jpg
781 KB, 3000x1800
Both the Federation and Empire/Rebel ships apparently have to be in visual range of their targets and aim with the naked eye.

Try these babies: Heavy Corvettes from the Independence War games - built as an excuse to slap as much weapon onto a small-medium ship frame as possible. The 'wing'-mounted weapon pods allow a full 180° field of fire - all of which is computer controlled because let's face it, at the speeds and distances involved in ship2ship combat no human can react fast or accurately enough. Even the beam weapons can target things out of immediate visual range (20km); the missiles can track enemies out to 500km. The SW and ST ships would make great target practise for these things.
>>
>>62757620
>Both the Federation and Empire/Rebel ships apparently have to be in visual range of their targets and aim with the naked eye... (20km)
But that's so fucking wrong.
>>
>>62757620
Most realistic way to do far future combat would be Culture novels combat where warships are specifically built around an AI that revels in unleashing its absurd payload
>>
http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Essays/FiveMinutes.html

Accept it.
>>
>>62757766
Well the Culture is on another level - they could and probably would just fuck around with the Empire and Federation for the lulz.

You realise just how powerful the Culture's tech is when seeing one of their GCUs playing a space-faring race's planet like a giant pinball machine, while in orbit around a planet in a different star system.

The Federation could exist in the Culture's universe and be unaware of them because all the Culture's Minds would be returning their Prime Directive to them in spades - giggling like little schoolgirls all the while. The Borg would be chew-toys. "Zakalwe, go undo this Federation from the bottom-up."
>>
>>62755391
A single star destroyer is capable of eradicating all life on a planet in as little as an hour. The Empire has upwards of 50,000 of them. The Death Star is only necessary to penetrate planets with planetary shielding, because shielding in Star Wars is retard-tier powerful.
>>
>Instellar wars
>Spaceships broadsiding eachother

What's it like being soft sci-fi

If Star Wars is ancient fantasy in space, then Star Trek is enlightenment era colonial fantasy in space. Star Trek is also predicated on idiocy.
>>
>The Romulan Empire expected to take over Vulcan, a founding planet of the Federation, with nothing but 2,000 troops armed with TV remotes stashed in cargo ships
>The Galactic Empire is a Type III civilization with a military numbering in the trillions
It's seriously not even a contest.
>>
>>62751838
I don't know how you can say that considering the Enterprise D can't even scratch an X-wing's shields.
>>
>>62757930
>"Zakalwe, go undo this Federation from the bottom-up."

Q is Zakalwe.
>>
>>62753817
>I remember an episode where a lower civilization threatened to use plasma weapons and they didn't even consider it a threat

No a lower civ threatened to use LASERS and the Enterprise laughed.
>>
File: AeonPoster.png (100 KB, 433x613) Image search: [Google]
AeonPoster.png
100 KB, 433x613
>>62757766
Total Annihilation / Supreme Commander says hi

>Teleport instantly to a planet
>Unleash nanomachine-colony that consumes the entire mass of the planet and turns it into an AI-army
>This takes about 3-4 hours to accomplish

Bonus points for dumb shit like infinite energy-mass producing reactors and a bomb that can destroy the entire galaxy
>>
File: 3d_relativity.jpg (548 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
3d_relativity.jpg
548 KB, 2000x1000
You people do realize that time-travel is treated as a triviality in Star Trek, and you got like one agency that nonchalantly debriefs you if you happen to travel through time?
>>
>>62759282
That aliasing in the bump mapping makes it look like stitching on a fabric spaceship
>>
>>62758448

Shields don't exist in SW except in non-canon garbage. See

>>62752567
>>
File: 1437449240033.gif (3 MB, 200x170) Image search: [Google]
1437449240033.gif
3 MB, 200x170
>>62760088
>>62752567
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Deflector_shield/Canon

>trekkies so blind they can't even do basic research
>>
>>62760088
Really unsure if you're just trolling or haven't seen a single SW movie.
>>
>>62760232

They don't mention shields once in the OT (prequels are fanwank tier crap and don't count desu)
>>
File: 11657798413.jpg (38 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
11657798413.jpg
38 KB, 500x418
>>62760310
yes they do, you idiot, in episode IV when the tie fighters are fighting the falcon, and the entire point of them going to endor is to drop the shield surrounding the second death star
>>
>>62760310
Okay so even though I know you're trolling now I'll still tell you shields are mentioned in all 3 OT movies, and even an integral part of the story of V and VI
>>
>>62760394

That's different though. That's a shield projected by a planetary-based installation. Ships in the original trilogy don't have shields themselves.
>>
>>62760310

cp30 never shuts up about the falcon's shields going down
>>
>>62752153
I don't believe it is stated anywhere that klingon vessels are not maintained well, in fact I think they were shown to be able to function even after tremendous damage was sustained.
>>
>>62760394
Not him and while yes Star Wars does have shields their functionality is dubious at best since the rebel ships simply fire and destroy their shield generators and crash the ships all the time
>>
>>62760470
>"Switch your deflectors on, double front."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WBG2rJZGW8
>>
>>62760470
What about the scene where admiral ackbar orders everyone to focus their fire on the Star Destroyers shields?

What about the deleted scene where it's explained that the shield generator on Endor was only temporary during the construction of the Death Star?

>>62760506
That's exactly how shields work in Star Trek too though. You can even fly through them, just like Star Wars.
>>
>>62760506
>>62760470
the falcon had shields, and so did the x-wings
>>
File: 1385996003072.jpg (25 KB, 400x283) Image search: [Google]
1385996003072.jpg
25 KB, 400x283
>>62760533

>using the mangled version of the movie to prove a point

that crap Lucas added in 20 years later counts as much as the EU at this point
>>
>>62760485
They would take good care of their ships when not in battle (during which they push them past their safe limits). This is like how a warrior maintains their weapon and armor above and beyond anything else. They might not be immaculately clean but klingon ships are all tremendously functional. Living quarters are somewhat to be desired and there are no recreational facilities whatsoever.
>>
>>62760584

Prove it senpai other than wookiepedia.
>>
>>62760556
>That's exactly how shields work in Star Trek too though.

Um no, no they don't. In Star Wars you shoot the shield projector then just blow up the ship, you can also freely fly around the ship without hitting the shields

In Star Trek you need to first whittle down a ships shields to actually inflict damage
>>
>>62752503
Poor undeveloped space scum, not understanding that a parsec is a measure of distance and not time.
>>
>>62760642

watch the fucking movies you tit

literally 24 seconds in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvJDItC6tE0
>>
>>62760661
>In Star Wars you shoot the shield until its gone
>In Star Trek you shoot the shield until its gone
I'm not seeing the difference.

>you can also freely fly around the ship without hitting the shields
Just like in Star Trek
Season 7 episode 24 Preemptive Strike
Ro Laren flies a shuttle through the Enterprise's shields and beams away their medical supplies
>>
>>62760642
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwevTdKL-tk

right when they are leaving tatooine han says for chewy to angle the deflector shields towards the imperial cruiser
>>
>>62760815
>I'm not seeing the difference.

There is literally a big sphere on top of the bridge that you can shoot freely and when it blows up the shields of the ship are down

That's how shields in Star Wars work
>>
>>62760815
>Ro Laren flies a shuttle through the Enterprise's shields
You need to know the shield frequency to do that, shield frequencies are a big thing in Star Trek
>>
>>62760886
No, that's not at all how they work. The shield generator is protected by a shield too, you mong.

You whittle away the shields, and then take out the generator so they don't recharge.
>>
>>62760968
No, Padme's ship gets hit on the shield generator while the shields are still up.
>>
>>62760968

Nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o

6:25

Look it up
>>
>>62761034
Yes, their tiny ship got hit by a barrage of fire from a blockade and the shields went out. They repaired them and left. That was the whole point of the scene.

It's almost exactly like when the Enterprise lost it's shields from a single hit by the Borg cube.

Star Wars and Star Trek shields are almost identical. Deal with it.
>>
>>62761186
>the shields went out.

No you fucking liar, there is absolutely no mention of the shields going down. What happens is the shield generator takes a hit WHILE THE SHIELDS ARE STILL UP.

>It's almost exactly like when the Enterprise lost it's shields from a single hit by the Borg cube.

Gee, let's look at the dialogue for the two episode the Enterprise is attacked by a Borg cube.
>Shields weakening.
>Shields will be down in eighteen seconds.

>Shields are being drained. Ninety percent. Eighty.
>>
>>62755063
>lost a war to space jews
Dukat pls
>>
>>62760722
the kessel run goes around the maw, a cluster of black holes. Going closer than necessary, and shaving distance, is more difficult.
>>
>>62752567
they have projectile shields idiot
>>
>>62760601
> original voice actors saying lines
> mangled versions of the movie

literally fuck off
they also have to destroy one of the deflector towers on the death star for the area they attack, you probably don't remember that either
>>
Stargate wrecks both unis
>>
>>62761500
> No you fucking liar, there is absolutely no mention of the shields going down. What happens is the shield generator takes a hit WHILE THE SHIELDS ARE STILL UP.

The shields must have gone down from that same hit though. Otherwise you're saying that shields do literally nothing and they might as well not have them. kek
>>
File: 1427581197825.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1427581197825.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>62761902
i want to agree with you, but im not a hundred percent certain with that statement
>>
>>62761929
>Otherwise you're saying that shields do literally nothing and they might as well not have them

Yeah pretty much, Star Wars tends to be retarded
>>
>>62761929
No I'm saying shield generators don't protect themselves.

This'll be my last post, since you'v demonstrated you haven't even watched the fucking scene. The line "shields are gone" is actually said. Is it before the shield generator is hit? Nope. Is it immediately after? Nope. It's half a minute later while R2 is trying to repair it as the last power has drained out due to the generator damage. So therefore the shields were up when the shield generator was hit.
>>
>>62762082
> naboo ships designed by the same idiots who don't have a military are designed the same as imperial ships

kek
>>
>>62760310

Except they do. Like in Executor scene.

There is also a scene in EP V where Falcon gets hit and you clearly see shields.
>>
File: avenger2.jpg (56 KB, 856x480) Image search: [Google]
avenger2.jpg
56 KB, 856x480
Consider these facts

>the empire with advanced technology and resources cannot detect a physically attached falcon near the bridge with no cloaking device, that clearly visible to the eye.

>it escapes detection by floating out in trash

now look at starfleet ships

>detects bacterial growth on hull/life signs of near dead humanoids in space debris and if really looking hard enough find cloaked ships.

>Starfleet: lol wtf fuck an advanced race needing to throw trash when you have matter converters to recycle stuff

you really want to tell me a star destroyer has advance enough tech to do shit to starfleet
>>
>>62761929

SW shields are not like Star Trek shields.

They are more like extra layers of armor. It's possible to damage the hull when shields are up.
>>
>>62762227

They do have stealth and jamming devices though.
>>
>>62762227
And this happens AFTER the Star Destroyer's shields are raised. So shields can't even stop you from sticking something on the hull.
>>
>>62762227
The thing is people are putting to much emphasis on the Federation that has a bunch of rules and a mandate for peace. They don't even have genuine warships.

When the gloves come off Star Trek has some pretty brutal weapons, like genetically modified plagues, sun destroying bombs, time-line altering weapons, nanomachines that eat you alive, missiles that exist outside of time etc, etc..
>>
File: star.trek.tng.s02e07.1080p.jpg (132 KB, 1456x1080) Image search: [Google]
star.trek.tng.s02e07.1080p.jpg
132 KB, 1456x1080
>>62762340
>stealth and jamming while attached to an enemy hull physically

>stealth and jamming of any use when its physically visible, you telling me that star destroyers have no cameras to see what the fuck is happening around their ship.
>>
>>62752591

The millennium falcon
The death star
The X wing
The Star Destroyer
The TIE fighter
>>
>>62762990

Those are all garbage.
>>
>>62762744
>its physically visible

No they're not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pHpVckXIuk
>>
>>62763185
see
image >>62762227
>>
>USS Pasteur vs Imperial Destroyer
k buddy
>>
>>62763226
>bunch of teddy-bears with stick vs Imperial Stormtroopers
k buddy
>>
>>62762555
>no genuine warships

confirmed for not reading or even looking at the goddamn picture in the OP
>>
>>62763350
the ewoks didn't beat the stormtroopers, they didn't stand a chance. They only managed to fight back once the rebels came in and helped them.
>>
>>62751838
Star Trek ship can teleport a bomb to Star Wars ship
GG
Star Trek tech is more sophisticated, outright better in some field
while Star War is more raw power and better in other field like hyperdrive
>>
>>62763500
Not if the ship had its shields up.
>>
>>62763446
The Defiant class ships were the exception created because of the Borg, prior to them Starfleet had no battleships
>>
>>62762555
>the Federation don't even have genuine warships.
Fucking lol'd. Watch the fucking show, you scrub.
>>
>>62763538

Akira class are battleships.
>>
>>62763538
>what is the Akira-class
>what is the Prometheus-class
>>
>>62762555
>>62763538
>The Federation isn't a military and has no battleships
Literally the mentality of every Starfleet officer in denial.

Just because they call the Ent-D an "exploration vessel" doesn't mean it's not a warship. It's the flagship of the Federation, with enough firepower to take out all but the most incredibly overpowered enemies.
>>
Star Trek tech level is much higher and that's not even debatable.

They blow up stars a couple of times through the series.
>>
>>62763678
>inb4 TFA Death Star can blow up stars.
>>
>>62760310
>canon ends where my feelings begin
Every time
>>
>>62763598
>>62763610
Point taken, but the Prometheus was a prototype and the Akira class was a product of the Dominion war.

Let me correct myself, prior to the Borg incursion into Federation space and the Dominion War Stafleet had no warships
>>
>>62763784

>this guy likes the prequels
>>
>>62752408

Nobody in Star Trek really wanted to destroy planets with the exception of the biggest spergs like Nero, so there wasn't really a lot of tech designed with destroying planets in mind. Star Wars is bottom-tier sci-fi for stupid kids and neckbeards blinded by nostalgia, in other words, spergs
>>
>>62761804
>go to close to blackhole
>end up losing time because what was 5 minutes for you was 5 days for everyone else

Bravo Han!
>>
>>62752794

It took voyager 70 years to traverse from the delta quadrant back to the alpha/beta quadrant where earth is. In star wars terms thats like taking 70 years to fly from tattooine to coruscant. Star Wars is so much faster it boggles the mind
>>
None of these ships can stop though
>>
>>62763809
>acknowledging what's official canon and what's not means liking the prequels equally
I bet you shit on the former EU while unironically holding that opinion
>>
>>62763787
See >>62763671
It's just terminology. It's like me saying that the Tumbler in Batman Begins isn't a attack vehicle because it's designed for towing bridge cables.
Sure. But it's still a fucking tank with rocket launchers and guns.
Just because they don't CALL the Enterprise-D a warship, doesn't mean it isn't one. They've stared down Romulan Warbirds in that thing.

Also, in Yesterday's Enterprise, they call it a warship. And it's the same vessel. Again, the only difference is terminology. Starfleet wants to be perceived as an organisation of exploration, but they're not. They're a defense force, the same as any other planet's military.
>>
Even if the Empire has "weaker" ships, they have A LOT of weaker ships

Like, the Federation would be overrun immediately
>>
>>62752408
what about that guy from Star Trek generations? Didn't he build a sun destroying missile with tri lithium waste or something? Either way it was a missile with a payload they could destroy a sun, making it go supernova, taking out the entire system with it. if the Federation wanted to destroy planets, they could make thousands of those and load them onto every ship they had. Much easier than building a giant mobile station
>>
>>62752680
Heck, even a Douwd could do it.
>>
>>62764048
Star Trek has wilder stuff then simple planet-destroyers. Subspace weapons that destroy space-time or temporal weapons that can wipe out an entire civilization from the time-line
>>
>>62764048
>>62764117
The Federation would never use weapons like these
>>
>>62763500
ah come on there's a million things that can and will interfere with a transporter at the most inconvenient of moments. If you've ever seen any Star Trek you should know that.
>>
EU or from the films, star wars technology is orders of magnitudes greater than star trek

math derived from asteroid vaporization in ESB or the amount of energy to send an entire planet to escape velocity via the death star superlaser puts star wars technology in a realm far beyond anything star trek has for conventional weaponry

a single star destroyer could probably take on the federation in such combat

star trek has way more in the technobabble realm, then nerds start arguing about whether deflectors stop phasers or what subspace weapons do to hyperdrive or can the borg assimilate shit or whatever

but this is a comparison between a civilization that has been spacefaring for like 200 years versus one that's been spacefaring for like 10,000 years

>trek nerds dont understand laser and lightspeed are just slang terms, because turbolasers act nothing like lasers, and lightspeed is clearly faster than lightspeed

>trek nerds think the empire is some declining civlization and that tech has gone backwards or something

>trek nerds think the death star is some fluke weapon made by some genius and doesnt represent general technology levels because they dont understand how science progresses
>>
>>62763950
>They've stared down Romulan Warbirds in that thing.

Sure, it's still not a warship. It uses the most basic weapons and doesn't have the advanced wartime tech like the ablative armor or quantum torpedoes
>>
>>62752567
Congrats, you just completely murdered the argument for all Trekkies everywhere.
trekfags btfo
>>
File: Krenim_temporal_weapon_ship_2.jpg (19 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
Krenim_temporal_weapon_ship_2.jpg
19 KB, 550x413
>>62764323
>...star wars technology in a realm far beyond...

Hi, this is a temporal weapon ship, it can erase anything it hits from the time-line.

As in history reconstructs itself like the object that was hit never existed in the first place.

So if it hit Sheev then the entirety of Star Wars would never take place.
>>
>>62764398

it did a great job erasing itself
>>
>>62764331
>doesn't have the advanced wartime tech like the ablative armor or quantum torpedoes
What a fucking retarded point to make. The Enterprise-D was built in 2363 and was destroyed in 2371.

The quantum torpedoes didn't come into existence until 2371, and the ablative armour came into use in the same year.

The Enterprise-D had state-of-the-art weaponry for its time.
>>
>>62764460
>state-of-the-art weaponry
No it had adequate weapons, because Starfleet was not a military organization and wasn't interest in developing more potent weapons. Until the Borg incursion
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.