[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watching John Carter of Mars >Caesar and Marc Antony show up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
>watching John Carter of Mars
>Caesar and Marc Antony show up
>>
>>62748784
>non es me starts playing
>>
mcnutty is the ineffectual bad guy in this movie
>>
the girl was hot
>>
File: john-carter-movie-still06.jpg (52 KB, 432x378) Image search: [Google]
john-carter-movie-still06.jpg
52 KB, 432x378
>>62748784
>>62748836
>I took care of Baltimore, Mars is a cakewalk
>>
>>62748836
That was 300.
>>
i liked the speedy brodog
>>
>>62748855
*barsoom
>>
>>62748784
Attia was in that movie somewhere as well, voicing one of those aliens
>>
File: john carter.jpg (3 MB, 3895x2121) Image search: [Google]
john carter.jpg
3 MB, 3895x2121
>fuck you, I liked it thread
>>
>>62748910
It was too long, it didn't deserve to get shat on by critics as much as it was though.
>>
I'm still watching and uh what the fuck.

For a start, these green gungan creatures have a really messed up culture
>>
>>62749346
>For a start, these green gungan creatures have a really messed up culture
Tharks must be strong
>>
HE WAS A CONSOLE OF MARS
>>
>>62748784
The should have had normies intervene at several steps to save that movie. Not so many storylines and weird names.
>>
>>62749501
>CONSOLE
>>
>>62749501
>CONSOLE
>>
>>62749501

>CONSOLE
>>
>Just finished the first season of Rome and I find this thread
Kinda bummed the second season is the last.
>>
>>62748910
It wasn't bad, but I wish they tried to just do Princess of Mars. The movie would write itself.
>>
this makes me wanna watch it, is it that bad?
>>
>>62750871
If you go in blind, it takes two thirds of the movie before you give up on it.
>>
>>62750871
It's not bad but it's pretty formulaic and forgettable
>>
>>62750871

I just finished it. It's better than Jupiter Ascending; it's got a Flash Gordon vibe, but unfortunately, the dialogue and soundtrack is nowhere near as fun or memorable as Flash Gordon, shame Disney didn't make it more camp.

JC was a bit lacking in personality and his "superpowers" were annoyingly inconsistent; he should have been able to snap Tharks arms off like breadsticks, but somehow he was always getting choked, beaten up and imprisoned by them.

6.5/10 reasonable entertainment
>>
>>62751599
This is true to the book though. JC in the books always applied his superpowers in inconsistent ways and his super strength was mostly confined to jumping really high for some reason
>>
>>62751665

So who were the blue magic space wizards?
>>
>>62751665
In the book they weren't wizards at all. They were descendants of a lost race who had become evil and bald over time due to inbreeding. They lived in a hidden valley and secretly ran the world's most widespread religious cult. They were noted for being talented swordsmen but poor soldiers because they were too prideful to work well in groups, and had a preference for winning fights by using underhanded methods, which was a big deal since most Martians took the code of honorable combat very seriously
>>
>>62748784
It was an underrated film
>>
lost me half way through because they do the world building in the worst possible way you could imagine
>>
>>62751900

In the movie film the bald space wizard cult seem to be the custodians of the super technology that allows travel between worlds, is that how it is in the books?

Fuck it, I'm going to nerd out and read up on it on wikipedia
>>
>>62753051
In the movie they are there in order to set up the False Goddess of Mars - Issus
>>
>tfw no marsfu webms
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.