[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should there be a dialogue in Hollywood on guaranteeing roles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14
File: 1444166229467.jpg (137 KB, 892x560) Image search: [Google]
1444166229467.jpg
137 KB, 892x560
Should there be a dialogue in Hollywood on guaranteeing roles for actresses over 25?

It's pretty depressing how they just get tossed to the wayside once they become a woman. Are men only interested in little girls?
>>
>>62747857

more like Jessy Scram outta here
>>
No because there are too many outliers like drug addictions or plastic surgery that fuck up their appearance.
>>
File: evsbsrb.jpg (102 KB, 1200x803) Image search: [Google]
evsbsrb.jpg
102 KB, 1200x803
/milk/ thread?
>>
You supposed to play the hot parents in teen movies or the older wiser sibling.
>>
Is it depressing that athletes also have a prime of ~10 years and then they get thrown away too?
>>
>>62747857

ohhh shit i remember this chick

she was logans qt gf in veronica mars
>>
>>62747857
It's just that nobody wants to see old women. You know, men age like wine, women age like milk (shrugs).
>>
It's teaching women that they should get married while young and do whatever is necessary to not get divorced. It's the right thing to do.
>>
>Are men only interested in little girls?

Yes. There's a chart I saw that women tend to go for dudes who are younger than them as they age, whereas men consistently feel attraction to girls who are in around their early 20's. I'd imagine that's because women so often go to shit after 25 (as your pic shows).
>>
>>62747972
Depends on the sport. Klitschko is 39 and still dominates. Comparing sports to looks is bad logic anyway.
>>
>>62748316

pro heavyweight boxers usually dont become relevant until their 30s

but i agree, the comparison makes no sense either way
>>
>>62747972
If they're absolutely fucking crippled afterwards, yes. Pro american football players have an average age of 55, because they just ram each other head first or get absolutely buttrekt on a constant basis.
>>
>>62748316
you can force physics tho
you cant force beauty
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 469x322) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 469x322
>>62747943
Damn..
>>
>>62748381
Maintaining your beauty is a matter of keeping your bf % in check and staying healthy. Women can't be assed to work out or diet so they end up looking like shit past 25.
>>
>>62748316
he's on roids, hasn't been tested in his last 5 bouts or something, hence he's training in germany as well
>>
>>62747857
There are roles for women of all ages, after 25 they have to actuall have some acting ability
>wahhhh My job becomes about merit rather than looks as I age
Feminists are so fucking stupid
>>
Men physically peak at 31. Women physically peak at 20. This corresponds with their fertility and sexual value in reproduction - for women, they are at a point when they can serve as good mothers. For men, by the time they're 31, historically they'd be established as community leaders. It's biology

that said, sexually men peak at 17 and women peak at 33. For women this is because it's basically the last chance for healthy offspring. I dunno why men peak so early

cognitively both sexes peak from 24 to 27

overall, people are at their peak from 30 to 35, and really begin to decline at 45

Jessy Schram at 19 was more fertile than Jessy Schram at 29, and she shows it physically - now her estrogen levels are lower than they were before, and her testosterone levels are probably higher
>>
>>62748425
>he's on roids

So? All pro-athletes are on roids.
>>
>>62747972
No because those are men and they deserve it
>>
>women get roles for being attractive
>no longer get roles after they are no longer attractive
>this is a problem
Actresses like all women are carried in their life, once they need to use their own ability its far too late because they have been dependent their whole life and therefore have none. Its also the same for men if the man has no talent, as they stop getting work once they are not attractive, look at Branden Frasier.
>>
>>62748425
Boxers have roided since Tyson.
>>
>>62748539
Harrison ford managed to keep working and he sucks
>>
If your job is 90% based on your looks, you better keep your looks.

Anyway it's mostly biological, it just comes down to who we think will spawn the healthiest children. It takes generations to change that.
>>
>>62747857
It's no secret that women have it harder than men. You have to look like a literal greek goddess and outact 99,9% of the men to get some decent roles over 30.

I don't know why is that.
>>
>>62748457
>I dunno why men peak so early

Higher mortality rates in ancient man. They need to start fucking ASAP because there's a higher chance of injury or death during hunting trips or defending the tribe.
>>
>>62748685
because there's no compelling story to be told for women older than 30.

meanwhile men have continued accomplishments after 30.
>>
File: 1441300900071.jpg (559 KB, 1854x2453) Image search: [Google]
1441300900071.jpg
559 KB, 1854x2453
>>62748685

because the majority of female characters are there to be leered at, so obviously their looks are going to be a priority, and with women, the general perception is that youth = beautiful
>>
>>62748613
Harrison Ford has also been a central part of 2 blockbuster franchises.

Not to mention other hits such as The Fugitive, Air Force One, What Lies Beneath, etc.

Say what you will about his acting ability but he's the 4th highest grossing star behind Sam L Jackson, Tom Hanks, and Morgan Freeman.
>>
>>62748730
hmm, makes sense
>>
>>62748778
>hmm, makes sense

a lot of pseudoscience does. Factually speaking, none of what any of you said is true.
>>
Most actresses are too proud to accept age appropriate roles once they start to age. They want to be the hot girl forever, not the hot girl's mom/grandma.
>>
>>62747943
Would still Tbh
>>
>>62748846
It's one of the reasons I respect television actresses more than movie actresses. They have to age with their roles and can't really skip out when their character turns 32. Also there are more ages in television roles than in movies.
>>
>>62748685
>It's no secret that women have it harder than men. You have to look like a literal greek goddess and outact 99,9% of the men to get some decent roles over 30.
>I don't know why is that.

Why?

It's simple.

First, NOBODY gives a fuck about their "acting", as the overwhelming majority of them can't act for shit anyway.

Second, good looking 20 year old "actresses" are a dime a dozen, and they'll work for peanuts compared to the exorbitant amount of cash the "serious" 30 year old "actress" expects to get paid.

Lastly, NOBODY wants to watch chick flicks....except chicks, and queers. Period. So females usually fill a supporting role, which more often than not doesn't require a chick to have incredible "acting" talent.

Chicks just aren't as interesting, or as entertaining to watch, as men are, and the box office proves that every year.
>>
>>62747857
when you say hollywood is sexist (it is -and I don't mean the casual incorrect term where many people have normal gender prejudice, I mean a political ideology of keeping women second class citizens because SOMEONE has to be at the bottom or the people on the top don't feel their tyrannical bullshit is worth it) you have to examine it from all the ways it tries to chew up and use up both female actresses and female audiences.

The reason actresses find it hard to get work past 25 is mostly because female audiences DON'T respect or want to be a woman over 25. Male actors can always be role models to boys and men. Women who are 30 are seen by both girls and women as WORTHLESS. The roles that do exist: mothers, are a step back from playing the lead or the love interest in a movie: no agent in their right mind would encourage that transition - and it would make the actress less money. Madonna/whore has been policy in western civilization since ancient Rome. Until the culture changes to allow a place for older women (who aren't in arrested development like in Girls-which is literally about grown women acting like girls) to be seen as legitimate and important characters in western fiction, this isn't going to change.

The way to actually do that, however, is to independently challenge Hollywood with your own fucking films. Protesting or spreading your own half-assed ideology is worse than useless. You don't complain, you do something. Show people that women over 25 have protagonist potential, don't act like a child and demand a big mega-corporation like the five oligarchs that control media change your culture for you. If you care, fight - or fucking get off the john.
>>
>>62749197
>female protagonist
>not Girls
Not gonna happen. The current m.o. is "the right to do everything, the responsibility to do nothing." Unless you're telling a story about THAT (which is Girls), you're being "preachy."

The days of Ripley and Sarah Conner are over. Well, maybe Furiosa counts for something.
>>
File: 1396147402052.jpg (23 KB, 501x289) Image search: [Google]
1396147402052.jpg
23 KB, 501x289
>>62748539
No, anon, it's because of oppression and patriarchy that we haven't ever produced a female Al Pacino, Val Kilmer, Robert De Niro, Anthony Hopkins, Ian McKellen, Christopher Walkien, Samuel L Jackson, Mel Gibson, Morgan Freeman, or even a Keanu Reeves
>>
>>62748685
>and outact 99,9% of the men

Nigger pls. There are less than a handful of serious female actors, and none of them are capable of drawing an audience just so people will see them in it. Standout actresses that really hit the high scale of "good at acting" include Dame Judy Dench, last known for being Dame Judy Dench in literally everything
>>
>>62749363
Who is Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchette, Tilda Swinton, etc.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Academy_Award_Best_Actress_winners_by_age

Compared to men, these women cannot act.

>>62749551
Funnily enough, two fo actresses that have played men.

Meryl Streep is not a great actress. Glenn Close is though, and she's also played a man, and a woman pretending to be a man.
>>
File: 1445052982651.jpg (38 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1445052982651.jpg
38 KB, 418x359
>>62747857
>watching a music video from 2005
>the main girl in it is a fucking amazing 10/10 sexy and classic beauty at once
>look her up online. she was 21 when she was in that music video
>she's 31 now
>oh cool shes been in a bunch of other TV shows since then
>fuck yes she's very active on social media
>go through her instagram
>mfw she's still beautiful, but completely lost that young early 20s shine and sexiness
god damn women really go to shit once they're past 27

feels so bad bros.

she was so fucking perfect in 2005
>>
>>62748835
Glad you were able to provide alternative explanations to these perfectly reasonable and seemingly biologically sound hypotheses.

I'm all ears/eyes. If your argument is good, you can sway me. If it sucks, kill yourself.
>>
File: salty.jpg (19 KB, 224x279) Image search: [Google]
salty.jpg
19 KB, 224x279
>>62749425
>being delusional
Kek, kiddo. Dedicated actresses are just as good as any actor. And for that matter no man has delivered a performance this good in this decade:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86lczf7Bou8

Keep butthurt.
>>
>>62749628
Who are you talking about?
>>
Women start to rot a lot earlier than men. It's no ones fault, it's just how it is. No one wants to see a gross 34 year old actress when we all remember how hot she was 10 years ago.

Remember the 50's and 60's when actresses had the grace and good sense to get married become housewives and stop trying to force people to look at their matronly bodies and faces? At a certain point you have to stop these vain pursuits and let go and fulfill your biological duties.

No one to blame but mother nature. Everyone can sense the desperation on actresses over 31, especially if they don't have kids yet. It's sad, gross and ruins movies.
>>
ITT: MRA cocksucking faggots
>>
>>62748754

why do you hate black people so much and by black people I mean old women, mexicans, crippleds and those that need a companion pet ... how dare you even exist
>>
This turned into...
>>
>>62749835
>she got her hair cut short whilst singing
>that means she's facing being ugly for a role!
>so brave, so fierce

face it anon, women are only useful because of their looks.
>>
>>62750127

That.
>>
>>62747857
>Are men only interested in little girls?
>men
I think you mean jewish producers, family.

And the answer is no. They're also interested in little boys.
>>
>>62750153
It's almost like she's aged nearly 25 years...wow
>>
>>62750305

That's a 2000 pic on the right. She aged liked 6~8 years between photos.
>>
File: large_ed_wood_blu-ray_02.jpg (381 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
large_ed_wood_blu-ray_02.jpg
381 KB, 1920x1080
>>62750153
>>
>>62750153
men get older and often age like shit as well anon, its almost like people dont stay young looking forever
>>
File: [email protected] (160 KB, 1280x694) Image search: [Google]
fhd994EDW_Sarah_Jessica_Parker_002@002603.jpg
160 KB, 1280x694
>>62750349
>>
File: [email protected] (142 KB, 1280x694) Image search: [Google]
fhd994EDW_Sarah_Jessica_Parker_003@003454.jpg
142 KB, 1280x694
>>62750386
>>
>>62750411
>>62750386
>>62750349

Damn, she looks like a horse.
>>
>>62749197
>Women who are 30 are seen by both girls and women as WORTHLESS.

This desu

Blame women for not wanting to see women in roles other than the sexy young slut worshipped for her beauty

It's their own psyche that fucks them over
>>
>>62750491
But would ride her?
>>
>>62750592

I'd ride her off into the sunset, my man.
>>
>>62750592
>>62750686
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8AzbuPRIXc
>>
Maybe if there were more women writers and directors there would be more roles for women actors. But generally women are too lazy and complacent to go through the great effort it takes to become a hollywood writer/director. They always want the men to do the hard work for them.
>>
>>62747857
I think there is bias, Men can always pick which women do get cast. So they always pick younger actresses. They shouldn't trade on the looks, but the talent.
>>
>>62747857
I like how "dialogue" is a codeword for "liberals standing around in a circle agreeing with each other."
>>
>>62747857

Women age like milk, more news at 11.
>>
>>62750134
You sounds like a huge faget.
>>
>>62748754
Oh boy that fertile glow on her young face
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.