[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
literally offered his son the universe. plotted to overthrow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
literally offered his son the universe.

plotted to overthrow the emperor and make luke true leader.

instead, luke jumps off the ledge.
>>
I don't think I'd want to be emporer of the Galaxy. Empires are administrative nightmares.
>>
Most movies are soldier food. They want us to willingly leave all the highest positions to the ruling class.
>>
>>62747783

Dark Vader was so mean to everybody that luke didn't to grow up and be like him
>>
>>62747783
Daddy issues
>>
Yes, that's what happens in the movie.
>>
>>62748121
>Dark

It's Dirk
>>
>>62747783
>It was me, Luke, your father

Finest line that ever made it into a screenplay.
>>
I never understood why the heroes in every story, starting with Exodus, have to make a big show of spurning power and becoming an underdog before turning around and trying to stop the bad guys. Wouldn't it be easier and cost far fewer lives to just take over and fire the bad guys from their jobs? Call it the Donald Trump method
>>
>>62747783
I wish I could have seen these movies before they became pop culture memes, and just taken them at face value
>>
>>62747783
>comes back 3 years later
>makes Vader kill Sheev
>Vader dies in the process
>only Jedi left in the whole galaxy
>rules alone, not needing to share power

Luke is sither than Sith
>>
>>62748368

he foresaw it
>>
>>62748345
Yeah, I may be an oldfag, but it's pretty great to remember a time before the prequels.
>>
>>62747783
it was a rap, on the moment he accepted darth vader would have killed him.
>>
>>62748368

>does all of that
>gets owned by the First Order
>>
>>62747783
If my dad cut off my hand, I'd spit in his face and try to kill myself to spite him too.
>>
>>62748459
https://youtu.be/Ij4w7ChpuaM
>>
File: Darude Sandstorm.jpg (778 KB, 640x844) Image search: [Google]
Darude Sandstorm.jpg
778 KB, 640x844
>>62747783
Luke's genius is that he is a savior through martyrdom. Literally the entire trilogy has Luke losing what he loves and what is closest to him, and growing stronger as a result. It starts with Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen getting blasted by storm troopers, then Ben dies. The climax of New Hope has Luke as the last of his squadron to survive and barely complete the mission. He gets lost in the frozen storm of Empire, and as a result has a vision of Kenobi leading him to Dagobah. Luke can't even finish his training before running off to discover he's lost his best friend and then his hand. But the greatest defeat and loss to Luke in Empire is the loss of his father, whom he wrongly believed died at the hands of Vader. Everything that Luke uses to propel him forward and to overcome eventually crumbles beneath him and he is left standing alone. When he returns to complete his training in Jedi, Yoda dies. When Luke goes to the surface of Endor to assist in shutting down the Shield Generator, he has to abandon his party to avoid compromising them, and surrenders to Vader. He has to watch the Rebellion get nearly crushed by the active death star, and symbollically loses his light sabre before pretty much getting tortured to death and forcing Vader to make a choice and is redeemed. Luke gets his father back, but then loses him moments later. Also, Leia being his sister kind of ruins any romantic ideas he had for her.

So yeah, luke jumped off the ledge. Par for the course.

Meanwhile, Anakin pretty much gets everything he wants, and goes crazy as a result. He gets 2 jedi master father figures, a girlfriend (which he isn't supposed to have) he becomes the youngest member of the Jedi Council, hero of the Republic, and the gold medal in a pod race, which no other human can do.

Food for thought.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.