[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think of revenge of the shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11
File: fullwidth.599a02f1.jpg (418 KB, 970x595) Image search: [Google]
fullwidth.599a02f1.jpg
418 KB, 970x595
What did you think of revenge of the shit?
>>
the shit
>>
>>62746219
Should have had more Sheev.
>>
if that's Ep 3, it's the only prequel worth seeing
>>
>>62746219

Watching it right now, bretty good tbqh
>>
>>62748728

Refrain from posting your meme opinions family. EP3 was awful and made no sense.
>>
DR PAVEL IM A BIG GUY FOR YOU THE HIGH GROUND FROM MY POINT OF VIEW ITS TREASON THEN
>>
>>62746219
Its ok... meh+
>>
File: sheev.png (1 MB, 983x1080) Image search: [Google]
sheev.png
1 MB, 983x1080
>>62746219
It taught me a lot about pottery
>>
A few cool ideas ruined by horrible dialogue and acting. Obi Wan was literally laughing during the "killing younglings" line. There was some cool stuff in there about the dark side and hints of how powerful sheev actually was but it was implemented in horrible ways.

Obi Vs Anakin was one of the worst fights of the whole series.

Opening space battle was cool but IMO the whole droid army got too gimmicky for the sake of having more shit to market as toys.
>>
>>62746219
excellent plot and visuals, amazing fight coreography (dat sheev spin!), memorable quotes, seeing anakin going from crazy teenager who genocides people to a crazy teenager who murders kid was a natural yet unexpected development.

Amazing conclusion to the arc of seemingly minor characters (lord grieving and darth tyrant). George Lucas really fleshed out those characters and gave them a fitting end.

Also fantastic reveal at the end- anakin was darth vader all along!

I think it's easily the best movie in the series, until le edgy contrarian /tv/ memesters meme-jumped on the reddit letter meme-media re(ddit)view meme-bandwagon
>>
>>62748706

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve1889zS030
>>
>>62748744
this is honestly how I felt when I saw it, which was when it came out. Episode 1 was impossible to get through without cringing, and Episode 2 was a monotonous mess of nothing
Episiode 3 was actually an okay movie, I'd give it 2.75/5
and the NOOOO scene was fucking hilarious
>>
>>62748856

>It's treason then,
>WAROUGHAHWROUGHARAHH
>performs the Sheev spin

film highlight t b h fa-m
>>
Best of the prequels by a large margin

It's not that good of a movie but it's massively entertaining
>A SITH LORD?
>UAGHHHHHHHHH
>HELLO THERE
>...KILLING YOUNGLINGS
>MY LITTLE GREEN FRIEND
>SHEEV. IS THE TRAITORAHHHHHHH
>I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND

It has a couple of scenes that ate genuinely well done too
Opening space battle
Order 66
Anakin being turned into Darth Vader

Seriously, that last one is phenomenal. It gets ruined by the NOOOOOOOOOOOOO but as someone who had been waiting for that moment for 28 years when I heard the mask click shut and the breathing start I felt physically stunned
>>
>>62748856

[ spins externally ]
>>
I want to fuck NatNat
>>
I swear, its like I have another epiphany every day on another way this movie doesnt make sense.

So how did Sheev know Padme died? Did he just guess? Obi Wan left with Padme before Sheev arrived. So when Vader goes 'Padme, where is she?' shouldnt Sheev have been like 'What? What are you talking about?'

And another thing, so Anakin seems convinced that the Jedi were planning on taking over the republic in some kind of conspiracy. Isnt that obviously not true, or at least, he was going to figure out it wasnt true within a month after his battle with Obi Wan. Wouldnt he feel mislead? Manipulated? Maybe we would feel bad about killing all those traitorous younglings? Maybe Anakin was just evil, but then he doesnt need an excuse like the Jedi were taking over.
>>
I want a Star Wars where Samuel L Jackson and Harrison Ford just go around massacring Jar Jar Binks and his army of evil Ewoks
featuring the new girl in a Slave Leia costume
>>
>A powerful Shit you will become!
>>
>>62749120
>So how did Sheev know Padme died? Did he just guess? Obi Wan left with Padme before Sheev arrived. So when Vader goes 'Padme, where is she?' shouldnt Sheev have been like 'What? What are you talking about?'

He's the fucking emperor of the galaxy and Padme's body was returned to Naboo. He found out from standard news sources.
>>
>>62746219

Jedi is by several leagues the weakest OT movie.

It is however leagues ahead of Sith.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 426x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 426x282
>>62746219
Only thing I can be bothered to think about is how horribly misaligned both their eyes are
>>
>>62748856

The way they all flinch... It's poetry
>>
>>62749880

poetry? how? what does it rhyme with it?

>muh memes
>>
>>62748856
Sheev is really Sheeving hard there
>>
>>62746219
The battle between obi wan and anakin could have been one of the most potent moments in popular culture akin to the "I'm your father" line or even bigger, if only both characters have been fleshed out appropriately and their friendship really shown.

Instead it ended up being a long ass fight that lost all the drama it wanted to convey
>>
>>62746219
Tshi
>>
>I have seen a security hologram of him... killing Yung Ling
Who?
>>
Anakin, might I suggest the mustache twirl technique?
>>
It's entertaining
created lots of dank memes
>>
best of the 6
>>
whats so funny about the youngling line? is it the word itself? the delivery? i thought nothing of it when on my watch
>>
>>62753166

young and -ling mean the same fucking thing

it's like saying childrenchildren
>>
>>62753213
>young and -ling mean the same fucking thing

in two different languages maybe ?
>>
>>62746219
It was incredibly much better than the two previous movies, but it utterly failed at the main thing it had to achieve (a convincing conversion of Anakin to the darkside), and was meandering and juvenile. But it was actually entertaining, and the special effects extravaganza that all the prequels had been trying for finally worked in RotS.

It's honestly very difficult to judge the movie out of context. I personally like it better than Return of the Jedi, because it was by far the best of the prequels, while RotJ was by far the worst of the originals. RotS did what it did the best, while RotJ did what it did the worst. (Without the ewoks, though, RotJ would easily win, despite its other flaws.) Still, I can respect people who prefer RotJ.

So overall? RotS somewhat succeeds due to lowered expectations. But I really can't give it a number rating, because the number would either be low enough to suggest that I couldn't possibly enjoy the movie, or high enough to suggest that the movie had quality, which it so clearly did not.
>>
>>62753319
>-ling
>not english

duckling, faggot
>>
>>62753741
but no one has a problem with the word duckling
>>
>>62746219
On it's own it's a pretty bad. The romance is terrible, the conflicts are contrived, and the CGI is overdone/not good enough for me to not care about it

In the context of a Star Wars movie, it really fucks up Vader and having Yoda meet Chewbacca is almost as bad as Anakin building C-3P0
>>
>>62748969
>Seriously, that last one is phenomenal.
Yes, the scene where you find out that for some reason Palpy had a Darth Vader suit lying around or it's just standard medical equipment. I don't know which explanation would bother me more.
>>
>>62753213
You know it's an actual word, right?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/youngling
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/youngling
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/youngling
>>
File: 1430855836389.jpg (148 KB, 962x755) Image search: [Google]
1430855836389.jpg
148 KB, 962x755
>>62749812
sheev is actually from naboo originally
>>
>>62748856
Why the fuck did he do that?
>>
sheev should do an audio book
>>
Better than Attack of the Clones, worse than The Phantom Menace.
/thread
>>
>>62753988
You don't know how much time has passed between Anakin getting fucked up and the Vader suit being built

Either it was built for him after he got fucked up, or it was built beforehand because Sheev can tell the fucking future and knew what would happen
>>
>>62746219
I cannot even remember what it was about anymore.
>>
It's by far the most entertaining of the prequels. Almost every fucking line is burned in my brain. It's like all of Star Wars was one elaborate joke leading right up to the moment of ROTS.
>>
When he says "I have the high ground" does he mean the moral high ground, or that he's simply at a higher altitude?
>>
>>62754806
yes
>>
>>62754806
It was a combination of both that helped him win.
>>
>>62746219
Should have made it an alternate timeline where anakin kills obiwan and the sith rule the galaxy. The Jedi are insufferable, Sheev is the best thing about star wars, and Vader is second best. Together they would eliminate degenerate scum from the galaxy like sandpeople.
>>
File: 1430554470787.png (82 KB, 355x366) Image search: [Google]
1430554470787.png
82 KB, 355x366
Why are you all calling Palpatine Sheev???

How many names does this guy even have. The Emperor, Palpatine, Sidious, and now Sheev.
>>
>>62756142
his full name is actually
Emperor Darth Shieev "the Senate" Sidius Palpatine
>>
>>62746219
Revenge of the Sith is my second favourite movie in the series.
It's by far the best of the prequels, and it has the best music of the entire series.
>>
>>62756142
>sheev palpatine
his real name

>emperor
title

>darth sidius
sith name

not that hard desu senpai
>>
It was the darkest of the prequels : ^ )
>>
The least shit of the 3 preq
>>
>>62746219
Way too long, or alternatively, poorly placed. But when Order 66 goes down at like halfway point rather than the last third, the movie has way too much ending battles. Kind of same thing was Return of the King.

Anakin's fall should have taken longer, too.
>>
>>62756327
>I have literally no opinion of my own, I just regurgitate RLM memes
>>
>>62756285
Emperor Darth Sheev "Treason" Palpatine Sidious, friend
I find your lack of accuracy disturbing
>>
>>62754806
Two birds one stone

Fucking poetry man
>>
I was 7 or 8 when I saw it in theatres. (18 now)

Was a big fan of Star Wars. Phanton Menace was the one I saw first and I remember liking it for some reason. Then I watched the original trilogy and that's when I really started to enjoy it. I wanted to be a stormtrooper as a kid and was actually devastated to the point of crying when I found out they weren't an actual thing that you could become.

I saw Attack of the Clones when it came out on VHS and found it disappointing but pretended to like it.

Loved ROTS in the theatre. I thought Anakin was really cool for some reason. I don't know why I always wanted to be the bad guys but there you go, maybe I should register to see a fucking psychologist.
>>
File: Palp.jpg (7 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
Palp.jpg
7 KB, 250x188
>>62753213
>>62753823

no reply then? seems like youve been bested
>>
>>62756824
>maybe I should register to see a fucking psychologist
>>
File: 1445755855547.gif (2 MB, 350x243) Image search: [Google]
1445755855547.gif
2 MB, 350x243
>>62756464
>>62756310
>>62756285
Literally never heard "Sheev" before. This must be something to do with the new movie right?
>>
>>62756824
>I wanted to be a stormtrooper as a kid and was actually devastated to the point of crying when I found out they weren't an actual thing that you could become.
A friend of my younger brother, after being wowed by Halloween, decided that he wanted to be a skeleton when he grew up. His parent's tried to convince him it wasn't something you could be, but he was adamant. I was just like "kid, give it enough time and you'll get there."
>>
File: sheev.png (746 KB, 1009x821) Image search: [Google]
sheev.png
746 KB, 1009x821
>You're the shit lord

What exactly did you mean by this?
>>
>>62756926
As pointed out here >>62753994, youngling is an actual word, which should kind of put the thing to rest. With that said, I don't see what bearing "duckling" has on this discussion. The argument against youngling is that it was redundant and basically meant little little one. Meanwhile duckling just means little duck, which contains no repetition.
>>
File: Palpatine1.jpg (72 KB, 320x262) Image search: [Google]
Palpatine1.jpg
72 KB, 320x262
>>62757323
>The argument against youngling is that it was redundant and basically meant little little one.

ffff. good point actually.

that said, theres nothing wrong with some of sort of repetition in a phrase, like "young kid" for example. no one has problem with that

and personally i think the word is kinda cool. cooler than if they just said "kids" or something standard
>>
File: 1446698901768.jpg (41 KB, 567x500) Image search: [Google]
1446698901768.jpg
41 KB, 567x500
>>62746219
It's absolute dog shit. Fuck your memes and your new appreciation to Sheev ever since you watched RLM. It's on par bad with AoTC, and if I wanted to watch a video game for 2 hours, I would've grabbed the PS2 from the attic.
>>
>>62746219
Best out of the prequel trilogy. Still pretty bad though.
>>
>>62757242
Has to do with the new canon. Last year's novel 'Tarkin' first identified Palps as Sheev.
>>
Two questions

Why does Revenge of the Sith get memed so hard? It was obviously a bad movie, so it doesn't get memed for being good. But also it was the best of the prequels, so it doesn't get memed for being bad either.

Also, why didn't Anikin try spinning against Obi Wan? He knew it was a good trick and Sheev rekt a bunch of jedi doing it. I'm sure that spinning trumps high ground
>>
>>62758288
>>62746656
>>62748744
>>62749858

Hi RLM
>>
Should have been called Revenge of the Sheev
>>
>>62759169
This, it's canon. It's reddit behavior to refuse to call him Sheev. This is literally the only place where people call him his actual name, people are fucking retarded everywhere else.
>>
The final lightsaber battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan is by far the best lightsaber battle in all of the films.
1. The choreography. The fight lasts a good like 15 minutes of not stop spins, flips and intricate lightsaber clashing.
2. The setting. The backdrop of the volatile volcanic planet mustafar is incredible. As the two jedi fight through this station being engulfed by flame and managing to continue the battle while facing the obstacles that they are presented with is astounding.
3. This is the climax. One fallen jedi, consumed by rage and lust for power faces his former master. During this battle you see how far Anakin really has fallen to the dark side. He throws out all the respect and knowledge Obi Wan has taught him. He is has become ignorant to what he has become. The passion for Padame ultimately led to his destruction
>>
>>62761473
nice b8
>>
>>62762265
(you)

There, are you happy now?
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.