[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No singles policy: the movie i liked it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: nosingles.jpg (47 KB, 532x755) Image search: [Google]
nosingles.jpg
47 KB, 532x755
>No singles policy: the movie
i liked it
>>
>>62741604
has anyone else seen this? i don't recall ever seeing any threads about it
>>
>>62741604
Haven't watched it. Why's it called the lobster?
>>
>>62741604
is it erotic? a scene in the trailer has the maid rubbing her ass on him.
>>
>>62741646

If he doesn't fix his life he'll get turned into a lobster, his brother got turned into a dog.
>>
This will get a screener
>>
>>62741646
In a dystopian near future, single people, according to the laws of The City, are taken to The Hotel, where they are obliged to find a romantic partner in forty-five days or are transformed into beasts and sent off into The Woods.

>>62741673
there are several scenes of ass rubbing on cock and alot of talk about anal
>>
>>62741682
Why? Is it from being Shellfish?
>>
>>62741790
because lobsters live up to 100 years and remain fertile their entire life
>>
File: 1443984527558.jpg (131 KB, 928x946) Image search: [Google]
1443984527558.jpg
131 KB, 928x946
>>62741790
>>
>>62741769
what fucking technology they use to just transform human into beast?
>>
>>62741604
I loved it. Probably in my top 3 of the year so far.
>>
>>62741832
set in a dystopian future that has that technology, why does more need to be explained?
>>
>>62741853
can you at least what kind of beast to be turned into?
>>
>>62741915
yeah they get to choose what they turn into
>>
>>62741933
>get turn into Turritopsis nutricula
>live forever

check mate women fuckers
>>
>>62741604
watched it, liked it as well

but i don't get why people at the hotel weren't more desperate to find a partner? of course they were spied upon later, but I would rather fake a relationship with an ugly and uninteresting partner than be turned into an animal
>>
>>62742036
well you're forgetting that guy faked his nose bleeds and colin pretended to be an emotionless nut aswell, and that one bitch offering him sex/blowjobs

i think it would've taken away from the movie if EVERYONE was just trying to get into fake relationships
>>
>>62741604
Torrent when?
>>
>>62742082
yeah but I think it would be more realistic and maybe also more interesting if everyone was behaving like this - the costs of not behaving like this were just too high to justify people being calm imho

also a better metaphor of real life in which people are often desperate to find a parnter
>>
Went to watch this by myself, cinema was filled with couples

Loved how it made me feel
>>
>>62742310
yeah i saw it with a couple, it added to it in a weird way i think

>>62742292
well they weren't really focusing on other people much, i think its fine how it is if you don't think too hard about it
but yea the movie is obviously about the pressure society puts on people to be in a relationship, but on the flipside of that there are plenty of people who prefer to be alone/turned into an animal?
>>
so the entire thing is just an allegory for modern dating, right?
>>
I loved dogtooth and I'm looking forward to this. Thanks for the reminder
>>
>>62742374
basically yea
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.